The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

interviews at leeds met for primary education

i have mine on the 22nd of Feb, and i'm so nervous. I've heard that Leeds Met is far more strict than people were expecting!! could anybody who has had one give me any ideas as to how the day goes etc, and what people wear? Thankyou!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crwilkinson
i have mine on the 22nd of Feb, and i'm so nervous. I've heard that Leeds Met is far more strict than people were expecting!! could anybody who has had one give me any ideas as to how the day goes etc, and what people wear? Thankyou!!!
hey, yeah I had my interview for leeds met primary ed in December and now received an offer. I thought the interview was quite relaxed really and asked us question relating to our own experiences so the questions wasn't to hard. Anything in particular you are nervous for?
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
I'm slightly concerned about the 'small item' thing! In the letter it says it's just meant to help you answer the first question but what kind of thing are they expecting us to bring? Hmmm..
Reply 3
I had an interview at Leeds Met & took a packet of seeds, and talked about how they could be used in different areas of learning. Linked them to a 'Jack & the beanstalk' theme.

Good Luck
Reply 4
Original post by busy3

Original post by busy3
I had an interview at Leeds Met & took a packet of seeds, and talked about how they could be used in different areas of learning. Linked them to a 'Jack & the beanstalk' theme.

Good Luck

I was thinking about taking a flower! I'm so nervous! thankyou
Reply 5
Original post by mattyelliott

Original post by mattyelliott
hey, yeah I had my interview for leeds met primary ed in December and now received an offer. I thought the interview was quite relaxed really and asked us question relating to our own experiences so the questions wasn't to hard. Anything in particular you are nervous for?

How long did they take to get back to you? Im just nervous in general as it is my first choice and I really want to go there!
Reply 6
Original post by Lotte94

Original post by Lotte94
I'm slightly concerned about the 'small item' thing! In the letter it says it's just meant to help you answer the first question but what kind of thing are they expecting us to bring? Hmmm..

something that shows why you want to be a teacher, i know people who have taken in calculators, lightbulbs, flowers etc etc
Reply 7

mine's on the 22nd feb too!!
Reply 8
I've got an interview on the 22nd too! see you there guys :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by vkirby
mine's on the 22nd feb too!!

eeeek me too!!!!
Reply 10
Original post by rjb1993
eeeek me too!!!!

arrrggh, how're you feeling about it? i'm really nervous, and still thinking about what to take as my object!
Reply 11
Hi there

I am a mature student (34)!!!!! and I have recently been invited to attend an interview in Leeds Met on the 21st March for a 2yr top-up with QTS.
I already completed a foundation degree with the OU and want to pursure a career in teaching....

Is there anyone here also attending the interview??????

Soph
Hey I had an interview at Leeds Met last week and still not heard anything back yet. Just wondering how long it took other people to find out whether they'd been accepted or not?

Thanks
Reply 13
had interview at leeds met today any one doing adult nursing interested?
Reply 14
Original post by areyoubarrywangthough?
Hey I had an interview at Leeds Met last week and still not heard anything back yet. Just wondering how long it took other people to find out whether they'd been accepted or not?

Thanks

sorry for the veeeery delayed reply, i thought they hated me but got offered after two days!! (big shock) hope you got your offer :smile:
sorry for the veeeery delayed reply, i thought they hated me but got offered after two days!! (big shock) hope you got your offer :smile:

Awh well done! Unfortunately I didn't get a place...thanks though. :smile:
Reply 16

Do you have do an english test as part of the interview? If so what is the format of the test? I'm so nervous :s-smilie:
Reply 17
I've got my interview in 2 weeks for Leeds Met. I'm so nervous for it!! Any advice on how to prepare myself for it?!
Reply 18
I had my interview last year, I'm the comment above lol. The Leeds Met interview was my most relaxed interview. Just try and speak in a confident and clear way and practice your presentation a lot. When they say 'have you got any questions?' ask at least one question even if it's 'What is the max distance we have to travel for placement?', asking questions shows your commitment and interest. Also in the group discussion make sure you do discuss a lot but not too much because that shows that you aren't letting anyone else have a chance speaking, show that you can also listen to other people's ideas; overall just showing that your involved.
good with your interview :smile:
Reply 19
I've got my interview on the 26th Feb and I have absolutely no idea what to take to the interview! I am taking a book to my other interviews as it can be linked to many areas of the curriculum but I don't know if they would class that as a small object / artefact?

Quick Reply

Latest