The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get a job.
Reply 2
How come your mom is kicking you out?
Reply 3
kick your mum out
There are a few circumstances where under 18's can claim benefits. I'd suggest going to your local Citizens Advice Bureau and speaking to someone there, they'll know much more about your options.
Reply 5
Social services are the other people to talk to - you're someone's responsibility until you're 18.
Reply 6
Yes because £3.64 an hour (or whatever it is for 16 year olds) is going to be enough to support yourself isn't it. Unless the op is lucky/ a master blagger/ can forge qualifications, they are going to be working min wage, which is a joke.
Reply 7
Original post by kka25
How come your mom is kicking you out?

Because i have ptsd so i smash things up and get really angry ect.
Reply 8
Just to emphasise what's already been said, get a job :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by tufc
Get a job.

I find it ironic you should say that considering your signature is supporting the biggest benefit scroungers in the country.
I was coming up to 16 when i had to leave home. Go to your nearest social services. they wont help you because you're over 16 but they will refer you to 'leaving and after care' or your local council where you will be given all the appropriate information and help.

they usually put in you in emergency housing first - which is either a b&b or a dump 1 bedroom flat without furniture. but then you will be referred somewhere else - they will likely house you with family unless things are violent etc.

You should look for a job or to go to university [which they help fund too] because once you get on the doll it is EXTREMELY difficult to get off when you're paying bills and buying food...
You need to think about your future before anything else so you are secure and not hitting a dead end in 5 years time
Original post by tufc
Get a job.

So ignorant it hurts. Go visit the real world son, step out of mummy's and daddy's cosy, middle class safe home. And yes I did just judge you, and yes I am completely right, so don't even bother with any of your bull****.

I believe you can under certain circumstances OP? Go visit citizens advice bureau.
It is harder to find a job in this climate anyway! So just saying get a job is a stupid and unhelpful reply... And you should go into your local citizens advice office or jobcentre and ask them about that, cause soneone'll know something :smile:

Are you still in school? Cause if your not you can claim jobseekers... Can you not stay with a friend or other family just for a little bit until everything is sorted?

(and for anyone who moans about the whole just saying get a job, I have three at the moment whilst I'm not at university, one of which i do all through term time, and it's defiantly who you know, not what you know. Besides that comment is more than likely to have come from someone who doesn't have a job and mummy and daddy pay for everything.)
Reply 13
Somehow I don't think "Get a job" is going to be the answer to all OP's problems. I love how people simplify it to "get a job" but if they were in this position it would be different!

It's a hard thing to move out on your own at 16. If you don't have a place to go you need to contact social services (In fact contact social services anyway and explain your situation). At 16 you are still a minor and I'm not sure if you would even be able to get your own place. You will probably be able to claim DLA, you could actually claim this now whilst you are living with your mum.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by RachelSophia
I was coming up to 16 when i had to leave home. Go to your nearest social services. they wont help you because you're over 16 but they will refer you to 'leaving and after care' or your local council where you will be given all the appropriate information and help.

they usually put in you in emergency housing first - which is either a b&b or a dump 1 bedroom flat without furniture. but then you will be referred somewhere else - they will likely house you with family unless things are violent etc.

You should look for a job or to go to university [which they help fund too] because once you get on the doll it is EXTREMELY difficult to get off when you're paying bills and buying food...
You need to think about your future before anything else so you are secure and not hitting a dead end in 5 years time

Thanks for the info :smile:
Reply 15
There aren't enough negs in the world for the replies in this thread.
Reply 16
Run away before she can kick you out.
Reply 17
Can I just say this...what sort of parent kicks their child out at 16?.My eldest is nearly that age and I just couldnt do it.It's my job to care for my child , not get rid of them because they are a pain in the ass or have a disorder!!.

Just my t'penneth.
Reply 18
yes please do take my hard earnt money
Reply 19
stop getting really angry, study hard and get qualifications. Or go live with of members of your family. OR get some kind of help with your anger, so your mum doesn't throw you out. If you get thrown out you will most likely get stuck in the cycle of benefits, unemployment and rubbish jobs, so it is not worth it.

Or you could start a band.

Latest

Trending

Trending