The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Magdalene College (Cambridge) Students and 2016 entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AkshatJ
Really? Where did it say that? I dont think I was told to do that lol.

The letter says that "I should be grateful if you would write to me soon with your decision; you must in any case respons to UCAS by the date specified in their formal notification". But the "date specified in their formal notification" is something like 1st of April, so I think you can take your time.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I didn't think they expected me to literally write back. I expect they were mass printed and signed by Dr Munns. However, I thought that sentence was just a nice gesture to show that they cared about the individuals that they did accept. But I'm not sure now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
Any other Magdalene Mathmos on TSR? :frown:

Or Computer Scientists?

Or NatScis?

(Not Economists, you lot can carry on with your essays and pie charts... :tongue: )

Magd Mathmo here :smile:
Original post by Mathemagicien
Student or offer-holder? I'm only the latter :redface:

Same as you :smile: Conditional upon my A Level results though STEP is not required coz I took it last year
Original post by 1004wsh
The letter says that "I should be grateful if you would write to me soon with your decision; you must in any case respons to UCAS by the date specified in their formal notification". But the "date specified in their formal notification" is something like 1st of April, so I think you can take your time.

Original post by mxlik
I didn't think they expected me to literally write back. I expect they were mass printed and signed by Dr Munns. However, I thought that sentence was just a nice gesture to show that they cared about the individuals that they did accept. But I'm not sure now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just send an email back with your decision. It's not compulsory, but it is a good thing to do....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha at that time i was unsure whether my ability could match up to that of Cambridge so I decided to give it a try... also saved me a few more months' trouble of worrying :P
Just got accepted to Magdalene :smile: (PhD student). Looks like a nice college.
Just wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about accommodation. I haven't received any info on it and I have no idea how the process even works for Magdalene (whether I'm suppose to apply for it now or after results day). If I am supposed to apply for it now, I haven't received any info as to how I would do so. I've only received letters on finance and the general acceptance letter. The college's website also doesn't specify how it all works, but just shows some room options. I'm not as in the loop as some of you guys so thanks in advance for any info/help.
Original post by disillusions
Just wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about accommodation. I haven't received any info on it and I have no idea how the process even works for Magdalene (whether I'm suppose to apply for it now or after results day). If I am supposed to apply for it now, I haven't received any info as to how I would do so. I've only received letters on finance and the general acceptance letter. The college's website also doesn't specify how it all works, but just shows some room options. I'm not as in the loop as some of you guys so thanks in advance for any info/help.

probably not all that much help as I don't know how it works either, but I've not received any further communication from them so you're not alone!! so I don't think there's anything to worry about just yet :smile:
Original post by disillusions

Unless something has changed in the last couple of years, sometime after results day you choose a rent band and a room will be allocated to you on that basis. In later years there is a room ballot.
Does anyone know if Magdalene is still accepting postgraduate students for 2016 entry? This is my second choice and I haven't heard anything from them after being rejected by my first choice. Though Clare Hall has sent me an email saying they are considering my application. They asked me how I'm going to fund my studies. I really don't want to end up there :s-smilie:
Reply 1291
All rooms, regardless of band, have the basics - bed, desk, wardrobe, etc. Generally speaking, the higher the band the nicer the room. For example, higher band rooms may be bigger, more newly refurbished, have a more central location, or maybe have an ensuite bathroom, etc.

To see the rent band prices and for more information about accommodation, take a look at the College's Accommodation Handbook - http://www.magd.cam.ac.uk/uploads/Applying/Accommodation_Handbook_2016-17.pdf
Bloody hell, a 10 year old thread

When this started I was 5

Quick Reply

Latest