The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Some random guy
She doesn't romance you if you have other partners. Check the wiki if you don't believe me. This includes romances from ME1.

Wiki states: "Kelly is a potential romance option for both male and female Shepard, though romancing her does not grant the Paramour achievement nor affects any relationship Shepard might have, whether it is with their current squad member or love interest from the first Mass Effect." So, I would assume it's possible to have your cake and eat it and certainly Vekeh has done so.

Original post by JohnnySPal

Spoiler

The wiki claims so, but I've yet to play that DLC.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by JohnnySPal
Kelly was such an easy score. Man was she desperate for a bit of the old Johnson Shepherd.

Spoiler

I have a question about Lair of the Shadow Broker. I could probably look this up to be fair but dude I want this thread to grow and grow so we can all share some Mass effect love :love:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 62
Original post by Hylean
Wiki states: "Kelly is a potential romance option for both male and female Shepard, though romancing her does not grant the Paramour achievement nor affects any relationship Shepard might have, whether it is with their current squad member or love interest from the first Mass Effect." So, I would assume it's possible to have your cake and eat it and certainly Vekeh has done so.

It was a niiiice cake :sexface:

I have noticed, however, that the photograph of Liara on my desk is now facedown, even though I won her back Shadow Brokering. hmph.

In a way, I kind of hope that they don't introduce even more romance options for the third one, 'cause my Shepard's a bit of a slut as it is, and that could lead to some pretty tricky conversations...
Reply 63
Original post by Vekeh
It was a niiiice cake :sexface:

I have noticed, however, that the photograph of Liara on my desk is now facedown, even though I won her back Shadow Brokering. hmph.

In a way, I kind of hope that they don't introduce even more romance options for the third one, 'cause my Shepard's a bit of a slut as it is, and that could lead to some pretty tricky conversations...

Hehe, I know the feeling. My Jane hits on anything that moves and just waits to see who accepts her. Then it's just fun to decide. Having Garrus was certainly the more interesting highlight of the game. Makes me sad they didn't have a fmv for the scene in ME2. Having just played through all of ME1, it certainly felt more real than the stupid fadeout they give. Damn people, protesting the scene in the original.

Interestingly, no one really seems to know how the Lair of the Shadow Broker will actually affect the relationship status. It's a hard one, because it would only work with Liara, and thus leave Kaiden or Ashley out in the cold as far as reconciliations go. I'm leaving my main character saved as it were and I'll see what **** goes down between Garrus and Liara whenever I get ME3. Once I've seen that, I'll replay and do everything "right".
Original post by Hylean

The wiki claims so, but I've yet to play that DLC.

Vekeh hasn't done so, she broke up with Jack first. OK It was a bad idea to send you to the wiki without reading it but I am certain this is the case as this has been discussed on the Bioware forums. I have also attempted to romance Kelly but because I had a relationship with Liara this was not possible.
Reply 65
Original post by Some random guy
Vekeh hasn't done so, she broke up with Jack first. OK It was a bad idea to send you to the wiki without reading it but I am certain this is the case as this has been discussed on the Bioware forums. I have also attempted to romance Kelly but because I had a relationship with Liara this was not possible.

My Kelly didn't care about Liara, only Jack :dontknow: It was before I got LotSB though, I dunno if that would change it?

Either way I'll try again on this playthrough. Might try for Morinth though, didn't know I could get with her, she doesn't exactly have a range of speech options..
Reply 66
Original post by Hylean
Makes me sad they didn't have a fmv for the scene in ME2. Having just played through all of ME1, it certainly felt more real than the stupid fadeout they give

Really? I thought those scenes were terribly cringeworthy, although they weren't quite as bad as the Dragon Age ones, which were an absoloute hoot. The one with the bi guy (as a male character) was ****ing awful/hilarious.

The lighting is nice in the PS3 version, and mining planets doesnt seem quite as painful as before
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by Vekeh
My Kelly didn't care about Liara, only Jack :dontknow: It was before I got LotSB though, I dunno if that would change it?

Either way I'll try again on this playthrough. Might try for Morinth though, didn't know I could get with her, she doesn't exactly have a range of speech options..

Spoiler

Reply 68
Original post by cambo211

Spoiler

Spoiler

I cruise through Omega with my Terminus suit on B)
Anyway I've sold this game after playing it through 3 times (twice with imported characters), now am anticipating the release of number 3..

..and im salvilating
Reply 70
Why would you sell it?

And I can't stand those suits, anything with a helmet on permanently just seems wrong
Reply 71
I love Mass Effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 72
The Mass Effect series are my favourite games ever created. I'd love to go work for Bioware some day. Anyone else finished both the games on Insanity without killing anyone on the second game?

A lot of people play the female Sheppard, I've always played male. I've heard the female Sheppard's voice acting is rather good, might be something to do this weekend.
Reply 73
Original post by NS17

A lot of people play the female Sheppard, I've always played male. I've heard the female Sheppard's voice acting is rather good

Yeh it's fantastic, makes the male VO sound ordinary by comparison. It's especially good when playing renegade
Had my parents post me up my Mass Effect disc a few days ago.

Gonna spend the next few days playing through the original, just so I can make all the choices as I would like, and then do another play through of Mass Effect 2.

While I've played both, I've never continued any of my saves from ME1 on ME2.
Reply 75
Original post by mackemforever
Had my parents post me up my Mass Effect disc a few days ago.

Gonna spend the next few days playing through the original, just so I can make all the choices as I would like, and then do another play through of Mass Effect 2.

While I've played both, I've never continued any of my saves from ME1 on ME2.

Why not? You get credit, level and power bonuses for doing so.
Original post by Hylean
Why not? You get credit, level and power bonuses for doing so.

I know, but I uninstalled ME1 ages before ME2 came out and I forgot I had it!
Reply 77
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
A more pressing question: Ashley or Miranda? :K:

Miranda, she has an epic arse in that outfit.:colone:
Original post by Linweth
Miranda, she has an epic arse in that outfit.:colone:

Only proper internet role playing geeks will have an opinion on which is the sexier gaming character :fyi:

Spoiler

Reply 79
how do i do miranda in the game ?:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest