The Student Room Group

Providing IELTS results

Hello.

I've just received my IELTS certificate by post and I'm wondering how I should provide the results to universities. Can I just scan it and send it as a .jpg?

Thank you.
Reply 1
afaik you have that code that you can provide them with so they can check online. They asked for that code on the UCAS form too. I forgot what it was called though!
Reply 2
The code should be enough. However, you can have you exam centre send a Test Report Form to the university - as far as I know, they do it for free and that's what I'm gonna do.
Reply 3
I wasn't registered for IELTS when I submitted my application so I didn't have that code and I have no idea if I have it now.

Before sitting the test, they asked me if I wanted to send the report to any organisations, but I didn't want them to because I wasn't sure if I was going to pass it. You know, it would be awkward if the unis received my report with insufficient score.
Luckily, I achieved a much better score than I needed, so that's why I'm wondering how to send it just now.

At the bottom of the certificate, there's "The validity of this IELTS Test Report Form can be verified online by recognising organisations at https://ielts.ucles.org.uk/"
I guess this means that if I send it as a .jpg to the unis, they'll be able to verify it... somehow.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
If you have the form, there should be long code on it - I looked it up and it's the Test Report Number if recalled it correctly, but yeah I suppose you can scan it and send it to them, it's jsut a bit more work.
Reply 5
Original post by Hardell
I wasn't registered for IELTS when I submitted my application so I didn't have that code and I have no idea if I have it now.

Before sitting the test, they asked me if I wanted to send the report to any organisations, but I didn't want them to because I wasn't sure if I was going to pass it. You know, it would be awkward if the unis received my report with insufficient score.
Luckily, I achieved a much better score than I needed, so that's why I'm wondering how to send it just now.

At the bottom of the certificate, there's "The validity of this IELTS Test Report Form can be verified online by recognising organisations at https://ielts.ucles.org.uk/"
I guess this means that if I send it as a .jpg to the unis, they'll be able to verify it... somehow.

You can request them to send Test Report Forms after you've got your results

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending