The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unconventional.
I've been on citalopram (20mg) for almost six weeks now, and the only side effect that is really bothering me anymore is the incessant yawning! I know obviously it could be a lot worse like. The thing is, I don't feel sleepy before then, but if I have a big yawning fit, my eyes water and it sort of feels like my body is getting ready to go to sleep then and I feel like getting into bed, and if I do, then I just stay in that phase for ages and find it really difficult to get out of bed again. Is there anything I can do to reduce the amount I yawn?! Oh dear, I know that probably sounds so stupid, but it is actually seriously disrupting my revision! -.- (Just yawned after typing all that too, argh.)

I have this side effect. It's annoying.
Original post by warp2125
Hey, thank you. I'm sure it will be fine. How was the movie? I liked the part where then t-Rex eats the man on the toilet. Lol

Will let you know how it goes. :hugs:

Finally got my dissertation all handed in ... completely out of my hands now which is stressing me no end (sure I have forgotten something) trying to just ignore it all nothing I can do now!
I love that bit aye ... but was the second one last night, watched the first the night before!
But yer really hope the presentation goes / went alright :smile:
Original post by ViceVersa
Will reply to quotes later, I just need to rant right now.

I sent a text to my CPN asking why the hell she cancelled the appointment,and she was all like "The lady at the exception told me what happened. The first time I told you about the appointment yu said you didn't feel like going so I cancelled it. When you said recently you were attending I forgot to tell the doctor you would be attending. I apologise. If ur feeling unwell I can arrange admission to hospital. Plz let me kno."

****ing useless piece of **** :angry: How hard is it to make sure I have an appointment so I can see this psychiatrist? What part of I can't go into hospital right now can't she understand? She then calls me after saying how sorry she is and how it's all her fault. I told her that the May appointment is too far back and it's not fair, so she said she would try and work something out so the psychiatrist sees me within the next two weeks. Yeah she better do or ima be more pissed. Even if I was scared about seeing the doctor and thought multiple times about not going through the door I knew I was sick and needed to see someone and be honest about what's been going on.
Then she says I could still come into hospital or she can come and see me on Friday. I don't want to see you thanks very much. She then said she was sorry again and I just said "What's done is done. Bye." and hung up :indiff:

I'm probably gonna end up killing her or something and get done for murder before the May appointment :moon:

I don't care ima treat myself to something anyway. :sigh:

Now my parents just phoned me saying they got a call from my college that I'm not there, when I already told the receptionist I would be going for an appointment. It's not going to take my mother and father long to figure out that I skipped school to go to the appointment and I'd get into loads of **** for it. MLIS :frown:

Well done for actually going to the appointment, even if your CPN did cancel it and I'd definetly treat yourself :yes: Hopefully she'll be able to get you another one quickly given she was the one that ****ed it up in the first place and don't let her fob you off with one in like a month, if you need one now you need it now! :hugs:
Reply 7743
Original post by alexlduffy
x

You did help, thanks.
So was finally meant to be getting an assessment for psychological therapy today but the CMHT phoned this morning to say it had been cancelled as my care co-ordinator is off sick and the therapist didn't want to do it without my mum there :frown:

My care co-ordinator won't be able to re-arrange it until he gets back week after next, but funny thing turns out when he said it was a psychological assement for me what he actually meant was it's an assessment for family therapy, which is ever so slightly different :s-smilie: Just because the psychiatrist recommend psychological therapy, it's not like as my care coordinator he would want to sort that out, nah **** that lets organise some utterly superfluous family therapy :rolleyes:

So I've been trudging along sticking around for an appointment that didn't actually exist, but I'm done now. I'm too tired of constantly fighting to get anything done, I've just had enough.
My parents also know I didn't go into college yesterday. I'm in such trouble with them right now. This is the text my mother sent me:

"I am extremely disappointed in you right now. You deceived and disrespected your dad when he dropped you at school today. You lied about being in school yesterday. I am really really angry. You don't have conscience at all. Just wait till you get home."

I am so scared right now I'm thinking of not going home altogether. :cry:
My parents also know I didn't go into college yesterday. I'm in such trouble with them right now. This is the text my mother sent me:

"I am extremely disappointed in you right now. You deceived and disrespected your dad when he dropped you at school today. You lied about being in school yesterday. I am really really angry. You don't have conscience at all. Just wait till you get home."

:hugs: I know that feeling, its horibble , I know my parents wouldn't be calm and rational, my dad would lose it. whats the worst your parents can do ???
(edited 12 years ago)

Is there anyone you could stay with for a bit until things have calmed down? :hugs:
Reply 7748
Wow it's official. It's impossible to get kicked out of 1st year university.

Sheffield just gave me a warning for having an attendance rate of 29% in the first year. They said as long as I pass the year they don't mind.

Really annoyed by the letter they sent me though. It was all serious talking about how the meeting was to "discuss my future" and how I may have to postpone my exams. Crazy.

Now I just need to snap out of this depression and pass my exams.
Reply 7749
Original post by Phoenix07
Finally got my dissertation all handed in ... completely out of my hands now which is stressing me no end (sure I have forgotten something) trying to just ignore it all nothing I can do now!
I love that bit aye ... but was the second one last night, watched the first the night before!
But yer really hope the presentation goes / went alright :smile:

lol... picture the scene... I had a clean pressed shirt, shiny shoes, crisp tie, pressed trousers and clean suit jacket.... I got ready... clean and crisp....and what happens... bloody raining... I got soaked...lol

apart from that the presentation was awesome... The tutor was very impressed with my subject for my dissertation.

Hmm Im sure you have done all your work correct... chillaxe abit... you deserve it. How you feeling today?
Well I'm officially an idiot. I was back at college for the first time today and during my psychology class my friend borrowed some notes. I went to get them back a few minutes later and she was sat holding the diary I keep, looking shocked. Turns out she was looking for some paper to write on and wound up reading most of the newer entries, almost all of which are concerning doctors, depression and how much life sucks right now. She said she wouldn't tell anyone but she didn't get known as the gossip queen for nothing. I don't want to have everyone staring at me again!
Reply 7751

How did they find out? :hugs:
Original post by thatsthebadger93

So I've been trudging along sticking around for an appointment that didn't actually exist, but I'm done now. I'm too tired of constantly fighting to get anything done, I've just had enough.

I hear you. Those things suck so bad and it seems to be it is similiar everywhere :mad:
Don`t know what to do about it though...

I am feeling down again. Or not down, but just unbelievably tired. I have though week at work coming, and I should be prepared for 12 hour days but I just feel like I want to curl up somewhere and never go out again until I have slept for a year or so...
I am too tired to concentrate or well... speak.

I think it is the new meds. I just started with Seroquel prolong and it causes tiredness.
Anyone else using these? How fast do these side effects pass?
Original post by Loveuraliens
I hear you. Those things suck so bad and it seems to be it is similiar everywhere :mad:
Don`t know what to do about it though...

I am feeling down again. Or not down, but just unbelievably tired. I have though week at work coming, and I should be prepared for 12 hour days but I just feel like I want to curl up somewhere and never go out again until I have slept for a year or so...
I am too tired to concentrate or well... speak.

I think it is the new meds. I just started with Seroquel prolong and it causes tiredness.
Anyone else using these? How fast do these side effects pass?

Give it 3 or 4 weeks and the tiredness does tend to wear off, maybe a bit sooner depending on the dose. :smile:

I find vast amounts of coffee helps. :tongue:
Original post by warp2125
lol... picture the scene... I had a clean pressed shirt, shiny shoes, crisp tie, pressed trousers and clean suit jacket.... I got ready... clean and crisp....and what happens... bloody raining... I got soaked...lol

apart from that the presentation was awesome... The tutor was very impressed with my subject for my dissertation.

Hmm Im sure you have done all your work correct... chillaxe abit... you deserve it. How you feeling today?

owh dear bless you that must have been really annoying! I left the house to walk the 40 minutes to uni to pick my dissertation up and it starting hailing....but my housemate said he would drive me so it was all ok!

Glad the presentation went good though, owh what you want to do your dissertation on? you don't have to say on here if you don't want the entire world knowing though :tongue:

I need to learn how to chillaxe I really do, feeling ok today, glad the work is done, but had a takeaway last night so feeling a bit iffy about that! Why must dominos pizza taste so good? How are you doing today then?
Reply 7755
Original post by tweedletallie
Well I'm officially an idiot. I was back at college for the first time today and during my psychology class my friend borrowed some notes. I went to get them back a few minutes later and she was sat holding the diary I keep, looking shocked. Turns out she was looking for some paper to write on and wound up reading most of the newer entries, almost all of which are concerning doctors, depression and how much life sucks right now. She said she wouldn't tell anyone but she didn't get known as the gossip queen for nothing. I don't want to have everyone staring at me again!

Oh dear that's horrible :cry2:. Don't really have any advice (:colondollar:) but please stay strong :hugs: :jumphug:. Really hope it doesn't cause problems - I really know how it feels to have rumours spread about you :hugs:.
Original post by avhhs
Oh dear that's horrible :cry2:. Don't really have any advice (:colondollar:) but please stay strong :hugs: :jumphug:. Really hope it doesn't cause problems - I really know how it feels to have rumours spread about you :hugs:.

Thanks, it'll be fine I'm sure. I'm good at ignoring stares. Time to find a better place to keep the diary though!
Reply 7757
Original post by tweedletallie
Thanks, it'll be fine I'm sure. I'm good at ignoring stares. Time to find a better place to keep the diary though!

Sounds good :hugs:
Reply 7758
The really funny thing is that one second I could be really happy and the next second I could be feeling really down.

Such a messed up day today :sad:

Do your parents not know/understand about you having appointments for this sort of stuff?

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time of it :frown:

Latest