The Student Room Group

What is your favourite news channel?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Im surprised Al Jazeera hasn't received more votes. I like their reports, especially Al Jazeera English
BBC, followed by CNN International.
I'll usually watch BBC news, they tend to be okay in terms of substance and I'm sick of watching Sky News which is always on at work- I work in a pub- unless there's a game on.

That said, Russia Today is HILARIOUS every now and then. Genuinely saw a report in which the guy recommended that Russians shoot (legal) immigrants on sight in the same way that cockroaches should be exterminated. But it was accompanied with the guy pulling out a mock pistol and shooting the American 'cameraman'. Who said the Cold War was over?
Reply 23
I'm a bit disappointed that BBC is so favoured over channel 4. Come on people, channel 4 is totally impartial, less condescending to the viewer, and much better quality!

Edit: Ok channel 4 is not totally impartial. That was a bit of an exaggeration. But they certainly are compared to the BBC/Murdoch run empire.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by meow444
I'm a bit disappointed that BBC is so favoured over channel 4. Come on people, channel 4 is totally impartial, less condescending to the viewer, and much better quality!

What do Channel 4 have to say about Hunt getting advice from News Corp?

See, you'd have to wait :tongue:
Reply 25
Newsround :smile:
Reply 26
Got a big ol' soft spot for Jon Snow.

Original post by STFU
Newsround :smile:

It's just not the same since Lizo left :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
BBC

Who has voted for Fox News!!!
Reply 28
Sky. The BBC does too many none stories for my liking. Although news on tv is generally pretty crap
CNN
Reply 30
Cnn & bbc
I like Channel 4 news, they can be very jokey in one second and then switch to being deadly serious. Its kinda weird if you ask me, they've got excellent depth and coverage, but at the same time they do cock up alot (Jon snow muddling up his lines) and like I said, they joke around from time to time - I've only noticed this in the recent months when they've done a bit of a revamp.

Don't know why BBC let him go, but Matt Frei's reports of American affairs are always very interesting, love that guy :lol: (no homo).
BBC, i watch local news, national news and go to BBC website if i want to read news... eg. if i read something on a news website, i'll go to BBC to check.
Reply 33
Gotta be the BEEB, Paxo is just awesome! :tongue:

<3 x
Original post by robin22391
i chose RT for their angle, and they have the julian assange interviews...very interesting

watching this and the bbc and assorted internet selections, gives a nice overview to cut through the propaganda, scare stories and diversions released by the spin people.

I like watching RT too, my favourite programmes are the Alyona Show and The Keiser Report. I like the different angle and hearing about news that you would never hear about normally but You have to admit, it is a propaganda programme.

go on their website and read the comments: they accuse the UK, USA and France of being evil and run by zionist rulers and large coorporations but really lack any substance...
Original post by marky--mark
I'll usually watch BBC news, they tend to be okay in terms of substance and I'm sick of watching Sky News which is always on at work- I work in a pub- unless there's a game on.

That said, Russia Today is HILARIOUS every now and then. Genuinely saw a report in which the guy recommended that Russians shoot (legal) immigrants on sight in the same way that cockroaches should be exterminated. But it was accompanied with the guy pulling out a mock pistol and shooting the American 'cameraman'. Who said the Cold War was over?

completely agree! it is sucha propaganda channel!
Russia today for me.
Original post by patrickinator
I like watching RT too, my favourite programmes are the Alyona Show and The Keiser Report. I like the different angle and hearing about news that you would never hear about normally but You have to admit, it is a propaganda programme.

go on their website and read the comments: they accuse the UK, USA and France of being evil and run by zionist rulers and large coorporations but really lack any substance...

yes this is why i watch different ones to get a bigger picture. for example the libya war was covered with bias by the bbc.

however, many leading politicians are zionists....not in the conspiracy way but in the political support of zionism way.

eg

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1484077

and their evilness is just depending on your point of view, but certainly corporations, lobbies, big business, and the military/industrial complex do have a heck of a lot of influence....espescially in america.
Reply 38
Original post by patrickinator

The latest that I heard from that side is that the recent crash of the Sukhoi Superjet was caused by Mossad agents.
As biased as RT can sometimes be (I've noticed an increase since the tensions have been rising concerning Iran) it's probably my favourite to watch due to it's refreshingly different perspective and coverage of news you would never see on the mainstream sources. Some of RT's stuff has been amazing!

I feel BBC news has dumbed down in recent years; especially Breakfast! I used to love it pre-leaving the house every morning but it now resembles loose women more than a credible news source.

Besides that, most TV news souces simply repeat headlines throughout the day with proportionately very little time spent on in depth analysis.

News IMO is always best in text and from many varied sources, enabling you to develop a well rounded independent opinion of the overall subject.

Quick Reply

Latest