The Student Room Group

Is this refrence any good, and does it work for all jobs?

Sam undertook a three month work experience placement with xxxxxx City Council Legal Services attending at the offices Wednesday afternoons. Whilst with xxxxxx City Council Sam was pleasant and enthusiastic he proved to be competent of all tasks asked of him and quickly became part of the team.

He helped the lawyers with documentation for court and undertook administrative tasks whilst taking the opportunity to experience the work of busy in house legal team.

I would wish him all the best for the future and I am sure would be an asset to any future employer.

I want to use this letter as a reference when I apply to other jobs, but I have a couple of questions:

is it any good?

Is it good for all jobs or just legal work experience?

Also does anyone have any idea how I might find more legal work experience?
When an employer wants a reference for you they will ask for the contact details of (usually two) referees so they can contact them themselves and ask their own question. They will likely only do this once they have given you an offer. Having a pre-written letter is pointless.
Reply 2
As Smack said, you don't provide the reference yourself, you provide the details of the referees.

Also, I hope whoever wrote that isn't in charge of writing important court documents. It's all in the detail!

Original post by Samc12
Sam undertook a three month work experience placement with xxxxxx City Council Legal Services attending the offices on Wednesday afternoons. Whilst with xxxxxx City Council Sam was pleasant and enthusiastic. He proved to be competent at all tasks asked of him and quickly became part of the team.

He helped the lawyers with documentation for court and undertook administrative tasks whilst taking the opportunity to experience the work of a busy in house legal team.

I would wish him all the best for the future and I am sure he would be an asset to any future employer.
Reply 3
Original post by Smack
When an employer wants a reference for you they will ask for the contact details of (usually two) referees so they can contact them themselves and ask their own question. They will likely only do this once they have given you an offer. Having a pre-written letter is pointless.

Oh well that's crap haha, they gave me this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending