The Student Room Group

A-Level Law

just wondering if anyone else took as law in jan 2012. i got a b for law01 but a u for law02. im resitting it next week, can anyone help me? im doing distance learning at the moment so dont really get much tutor support :frown:
Heya, try going on http://www.lawade.co.uk/Lawade.co.uk/Welcome.html
Its literally an AMAZING website and has near enough all the information you for AS and A2 law.
Hope it'll help :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by law@magiccircle
just wondering if anyone else took as law in jan 2012. i got a b for law01 but a u for law02. im resitting it next week, can anyone help me? im doing distance learning at the moment so dont really get much tutor support :frown:

Hi, I'm doing LAWO2 next week for the first time next week, I'm a mature student studying at college. Did you have your last test paper back so you could see where you lost marks?

What I have done for revision is do as many past papers as possible, there is about 6 on the AQA website, then go through them with the markscheme. Some of the older markschemes aren't too helpful but the more recent ones are great and really give you a hint of what you need to put in.

I have tried to take a practical approach by working out all the possible questions that can come up. Sounds like a ballache but you'd be suprised how few questions it is. I did the same for LAWO1 and came out with an A. For LAW02 there's two types of questions, standard essay questions, normally 2 or 3 of these, then application questions for the remainder. I've basically gone through all the past papers and made a list of all the questions that may come up, answered them then condensed the answers so I can revise them for the exam.

This makes sense to me but I know everyone works/revises in different ways and I've been lucky to have a fantastic tutor at college who is always happy to mark extra work. I can't imagine how hard it is to do it distance.

What sections are you doing? We are doing criminal liability and tort, we haven't covered contract at all.

If there is anything specific you want to know or if I can be of help just let me know :smile:
Original post by JimmyKitten
Hi, I'm doing LAWO2 next week for the first time next week, I'm a mature student studying at college. Did you have your last test paper back so you could see where you lost marks?

What I have done for revision is do as many past papers as possible, there is about 6 on the AQA website, then go through them with the markscheme. Some of the older markschemes aren't too helpful but the more recent ones are great and really give you a hint of what you need to put in.

I have tried to take a practical approach by working out all the possible questions that can come up. Sounds like a ballache but you'd be suprised how few questions it is. I did the same for LAWO1 and came out with an A. For LAW02 there's two types of questions, standard essay questions, normally 2 or 3 of these, then application questions for the remainder. I've basically gone through all the past papers and made a list of all the questions that may come up, answered them then condensed the answers so I can revise them for the exam.

This makes sense to me but I know everyone works/revises in different ways and I've been lucky to have a fantastic tutor at college who is always happy to mark extra work. I can't imagine how hard it is to do it distance.

What sections are you doing? We are doing criminal liability and tort, we haven't covered contract at all.

If there is anything specific you want to know or if I can be of help just let me know :smile:

Hi

Thanks for the help. I'm doing criminal liability and tort too. I've taken a look at the past papers but not actually answered them in full, so I'll do that. I did get a photocopy of my exam and it wasn't really that helpful. It just had that I didn't put enough information in my answer. I made silly spelling mistakes too as I was trying to think what to write next and not concentrating on what I was writing at the time!

Again, thanks for the help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest