The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Geography A (Physical, Unit 1) (14th June)

Scroll to see replies

Oh alright then, your so lucky to have only 10!
Uhm I will have 10 GCSEs (I dropped Music so I have one less than other people in my year), 1 IGCSE and 1 AS in August :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 41
Hiya! I'm doing The Restless Earth, Water on Land and The Coastal Zone. Does anyone know what appeared on the January 2012 paper for The Restless Earth? Can't seem to find it on the AQA website. :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Koroviev
Hiya! I'm doing The Restless Earth, Water on Land and The Coastal Zone. Does anyone know what appeared on the January 2012 paper for The Restless Earth? Can't seem to find it on the AQA website. :smile:

There isn't a paper for January, I know this because my teacher said at the start of the year the people resitting have to resit in June because there is no paper in January, so I'm almost certain there is no paper in January.
Reply 43
Original post by >Username<
There isn't a paper for January, I know this because my teacher said at the start of the year the people resitting have to resit in June because there is no paper in January, so I'm almost certain there is no paper in January.

Okay, thanks so much! Hope the paper is nice!
I'm doing Restless Earth, Coastal Zone and Challenge of weather and climate. There's so much to remember. When i start looking at another topic, the information i learnt from the one before just goes somewhere :s-smilie:

by the way, for anyone doing coastal zone,
the case study of coastal flooding, what are you doing for that?
Reply 45
I am doing the Maldives. I wasn't taught that case study but most of the case studies I am using I taught myself. I find they are laid out better in revision guides. I am really worried about geography! I am doing Restless Earth, Coastal Zone and Living World.

I haven't started learning the Living World Case studies though :L
Reply 46
also for restless earth you do not need to know both LEDC and MEDC volcanoes only one. But you do need to know MEDC and LEDC for earthquakes. Check the specification online. It is really useful as I was taught both case studies for restless earth but you only need to know one. Don't waste your time learning extra. Hope this helps :wink:
Original post by yuilk
I am doing the Maldives. I wasn't taught that case study but most of the case studies I am using I taught myself. I find they are laid out better in revision guides.

Fair enough, yeah I had that situation with case studies! :s-smilie:
Did you get like the social, economic environmental and political impacts from the Maldives easily?
Reply 48
When I did this last year we did Water on the Land, The Coastal Zone and The Living World. Only about 2 case studies came up! And even then I made some stuff up...! Just use you initiative and know your key stuff.

Good Luck

Does anyone have a case study on "Salt Marsh Management" ? they are willing to share
we need to know a salt marsh management case study!?? I swear i havent seen that on the specifcication :s-smilie:
I think so! But then if it's not on the specification then maybe not, tbh I have no idea

Reply 52
Original post by yuilk
also for restless earth you do not need to know both LEDC and MEDC volcanoes only one. But you do need to know MEDC and LEDC for earthquakes. Check the specification online. It is really useful as I was taught both case studies for restless earth but you only need to know one. Don't waste your time learning extra. Hope this helps :wink:

Thank you posting this. I really appreciate it. I never thought to check the specification to see what we had to learn. Teachers just give you case studies so I just assumed they were relevant.

Thanks again. :smile:
trust me, looking at the spec really helps, its on the aqa gcse website and you just need to print off the relevant pages,

it basically tells you everything you need to know! I've pretty much based all my revision around that :smile:
Reply 54
The topic is Weather and Climate, please could someone help me out with this.
Ok thanks so much! :smile:

Reply 56
BBC Bitesize is a good website for all the different Geography sections!
Although, there are some things that Bitesize includes that the specification doesn't ask for, and it may not do the same case study you have been studying at school for some topics - although, the important ones (Holderness Coast, Yellowstone, Amazon Rainforest, Mojave Desert, Boxing Day Tsunami, etc.)
The deciduous forest case study (Epping Forest) is different to the one I use, and the CGP book includes (New Forest in Hampshire). The LEDC Desert is the Thar Desert, in India, whereas, CGP use Kalahari Desert in Africa.
There are some differences, and some things you don't need to know about (storm surges, cyclones, hurricane Katrina), but, the bulk of the content is there.
(edited 11 years ago)
someone mentioned the thing about a salt marsh case study

i was wrong, unfortunately we do need one of them :s-smilie:

I've used keyhaven, hoping it will cover all the detail, just from the textbook 'cause I'm that lazzyyyy.
I am also using Keyhaven lol
i'm taking this exam and here is a bit of advice: write linked statements for 6 and 8 mark Qs
because last year I made that mistake and lost quite a few marks which lead to me having to re-take the exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending