The Student Room Group

IB Results 2012 Panic Thread/Countdown!

NINE days until results!

Anyone else have absolutely no idea how they've done?

My offer: 42 with 7,7,6 at HL.

Bricking it :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's scarily soon. Good luck and I hope you get the grades you want :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by apple17
:hi:

Feel like I messed up english and french

FIRM: 38 (6,6,6 higher and 5 in english SL)
INSURANCE: 37 (6,6,6 higher and 4 in all my SL)

Really hope I scrape through for my insurance, I am sure I have messed up so much that my firm is out of reach. :sadnod:

Good luck guys. :biggrin:

Ooooh scary - you're insurance is only one point lower in total?

I'm sure you've got it though :smile:
Reply 3
lol in two years i'll be in your position, my IB journey begins this september :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by beautiful-lion
Ooooh scary - you're insurance is only one point lower in total?

I'm sure you've got it though :smile:

My 3rd offer on UCAS was 36 (6,6,5 in highers but needed 6s in both English and math so was tougher) and got rejected from my 4th choice.

Hopefully. :crossedf: Yours is pre tough too! (42 is a feat for me. :redface:) Feeling optimistic? :smile: Good luck (our coordinators will know the score by this time next wk. :afraid:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Sammy95
lol in two years i'll be in your position, my IB journey begins this september :tongue:

ALL THE BEST! Enjoy this summer to the fullest. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by apple17
ALL THE BEST! Enjoy this summer to the fullest. :biggrin:

thanks! :biggrin: any advice on how to handle the workload effectively?
32, 5's in chem and bio HL and 4 in math SL.. expecting 66 and 7 in them. im glad my offer isn't as bad as u guys, although i need a 36 to get a 15% international student scholarship. but freaking out! haven't even cared the past month, but the last week is so nerve wracking!
Reply 8
My firm is 38 with 766 and my insurance is 37 with 666...
Absolutely no idea how I've done :')
I'm scared, but I also really really just want to know...
Reply 9
So scared!!!!!

Going online is pretty daunting ay!

My offer is 28 with 5 in HL english (yes, I know it isn't the highest but I was only predicted 29 lol). I'm genuinely losing sleep now :frown: Hope all you guys do well.

By the way, what time do we access results and is it the same pin and password as when we uploaded TOK?

Cheers! :smile:
Original post by chrisgill
So scared!!!!!

Going online is pretty daunting ay!

My offer is 28 with 5 in HL english (yes, I know it isn't the highest but I was only predicted 29 lol). I'm genuinely losing sleep now :frown: Hope all you guys do well.

By the way, what time do we access results and is it the same pin and password as when we uploaded TOK?

Cheers! :smile:

yep it's the same pin and password, and when you log in, it should give u the exact time that u can access ur results at.. mine was 12:30 GMT or local i forgot :tongue:
and good luck, hope u exceeded ur offer :smile:
Original post by apple17
My 3rd offer on UCAS was 36 (6,6,5 in highers but needed 6s in both English and math so was tougher) and got rejected from my 4th choice.

Hopefully. :crossedf: Yours is pre tough too! (42 is a feat for me. :redface:) Feeling optimistic? :smile: Good luck (our coordinators will know the score by this time next wk. :afraid:)

Erm...not that optimistic! :s-smilie:

I just realised that if I have screwed up in any way, even just a little bit, I can't go to Cambridge :frown:

I used to be set on getting 45...that was before the exams...
Reply 12
Does anyone have a picture of what the initial results look like online? Not the breakdown results, just the ones that usually come out on 5th July.
Thank you :smile:
Original post by annie2512
Does anyone have a picture of what the initial results look like online? Not the breakdown results, just the ones that usually come out on 5th July.
Thank you :smile:

i attached one, i found this as an example on another thread.
btw, 5th? don't u mean the 6th of july?
Original post by apple17
In the same boat, but for a london university and med!

yeah, I was set on 39-40 but right now, 37 would be a miracle to acheive!. Although I suck at gauging how exams went (thought I failed my math mock, got a 7 but I know I have not done that well enough :sadnod:)

Alll the best. Hope you make your cambridge offer! :smile:

Thanks, hope you get your offer too :smile: Although it's really hard, it's probably best not to try to think about the exams - they were so long ago that we've probably distorted our actual performance in our heads.

Does anyone know if the image above of the online-results is what we're going to get on paper if we go to school? I want to be able to look for a total number of points before anything else ::colone:
Reply 15
Thanks, hope you get your offer too :smile: Although it's really hard, it's probably best not to try to think about the exams - they were so long ago that we've probably distorted our actual performance in our heads.

Does anyone know if the image above of the online-results is what we're going to get on paper if we go to school? I want to be able to look for a total number of points before anything else ::colone:

Its awfully nerve-wrecking. Though people think I exaggerate, IB is the closest I have been to hell. Way too demanding of a program and I agree, I am trying not to because now I am way too concerned if the examiner could even read what I wrote. Maybe its so illegible (my teachers can understand it) that I will not even pass. :sadnod: Next 4-5 days is just....

afaik, Its going to be the same thing that you get on paper and yeah, I aim to look at the total and then my highers and english grade.
It's going to be so stressful and annoying if the site crashes! :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by XxelliexX

In that care, I plan to spam my IBC's email and he has an iphone too. :colone:
Original post by XxelliexX

Apparently it does that :s-smilie:

Are you not getting yours from school? The motivation for us to go into school to get them is that we are allowed to see them hours before we would be online
Apparently it does that :s-smilie:

Are you not getting yours from school? The motivation for us to go into school to get them is that we are allowed to see them hours before we would be online

No my school doesn't let us get them from there, we have to get them online :frown: stress!

Quick Reply

Latest