The Student Room Group

Most annoying thing people do at University?

So I'm going to University next academic year. Grades provided of course!

So I would like to know what one thing people do at University that they didn't do in school/college that's really annoying.

E.g. Typing loudly in lectures; Stealing your food from the fridge; Pretending like they don't care about their results.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
food from the fridge is a rather annoying one.

And people that go on like they are special cause the are not UK students. The amount of times I've heard the same person highlight the fact they are from ****ing Austria/Austrian or don't have/do that in Austria etc. is doing my ****ing head it. The worst is they have no Austrian blood and have an South-English accent.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
The people who turn up to lectures and spend the whole time complaining about being there. Please, feel free to leave at any time.
talk about how much vodka they drank last night.
Reply 4
Complain to you about how skint they are, yet a few hours later they'll be getting ready for their third night out that week.
Reply 5
Original post by KJane
Complain to you about how skint they are, yet a few hours later they'll be getting ready for their third night out that week.

thats not annoying, just dedication to the cause.
Reply 6
Repeating stories about their gap years over and over again all the time. AGGGGHHHHH.
Going to lectures and just talking and/or eating all the way though. :dontknow:
Reply 8
Original post by bestofyou
food from the fridge is a rather annoying one.

And people that go on like they are special cause the are not UK students. The amount of times I've heard the same person highlight the fact they are from ****ing Austria/Austrian or don't have/do that in Austria etc. is doing my ****ing head it. The worst is they have no Austrian blood and have an South-English accent.

****ing Austria?? Mind your language...
Reply 9
Gap years

We get it, you built an orphanage, now shut up
Reply 10
Texting in lectures.
I know this isn't a new thing, people texted in lessons at school, but it annoys me then and still annoys me know. If you're not interested in being there, you don't have to go. Now stop annoying everyone around you with tapping noises, flashing screens and the occasional vibration/ring tone.
Original post by Khalsa
****ing Austria?? Mind your language...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****ing,_Austria

It's real
Reply 12
Original post by Bill_Gates
talk about how much vodka they drank last night.

tbf most people do that at college in my experience.
Reply 13

Although I am from Austria, I did not know there is a village here called ****ing. Thanks lol.
Be "lads"
Original post by The Phelps

So I would like to know what one thing people do at University that they didn't do in school/college that's really annoying.

E.g. Typing loudly in lectures; Stealing your food from the fridge; Pretending like they don't care about their results.

I'm pretty sure that the loudness of your typing has more to do with the particular laptop/keyboard than a persons' actions.
Original post by Louise_x
Texting in lectures.
I know this isn't a new thing, people texted in lessons at school, but it annoys me then and still annoys me know. If you're not interested in being there, you don't have to go. Now stop annoying everyone around you with tapping noises, flashing screens and the occasional vibration/ring tone.

Yeah...There has been one occasion in which i did have to text once as a matter of family urgency, but in those situations my lecturers don't usually mind. I can't stand it when people constantly text though, they're paying to be there!
**** in the shower

btw I meant the s-word not the f-word
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Reply 19
Original post by The Phelps

When people are your friends one moment, and the next their not.............they use u cos they haven't got anyone else nearby
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending