Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by CrazyPerson
Not really sure, i'm going round in circles. :dontknow:

I may go for the Clive Booth Non-Ensuite (but with a sink . . . treat myself for an extra £5 a week)

You?

Same I'll go for Clive Booth but with en-suite, second choice Cheney. Have you been to see any of them inside?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by LKLB93
Same I'll go for Clive Booth but with en-suite, second choice Cheney. Have you been to see any of them inside?

I haven't. Did you?

I was really hoping they'd have another Open Day, as i ran out of time in October

There is another open day on for the 2013 starters, but it's on June 9th. And the first cut off point for accommodation is June 2nd. Which is kinda pointless. ¬_¬
I haven't. Did you?

I was really hoping they'd have another Open Day, as i ran out of time in October

There is another open day on for the 2013 starters, but it's on June 9th. And the first cut off point for accommodation is June 2nd. Which is kinda pointless. ¬_¬

Depending on the open day it depends if there will be accommodation for you to visit. June is less likely to have a room for you to check out due to the fact that current students still are living in halls up until mid june anyway.
I've firmed OB for BA Primary Teaching, really excited!
Reply 24
I haven't. Did you?

I saw Clive Booth en-suite, it was really nice! A substantial sized room but the kitchen is really spacious. Non en-suite I didn't like, the corridors were too narrow and I felt claustrophobic LOL.
Original post by LKLB93
I saw Clive Booth en-suite, it was really nice! A substantial sized room but the kitchen is really spacious. Non en-suite I didn't like, the corridors were too narrow and I felt claustrophobic LOL.

I'm thinking of putting ensuite as my first choice instead of non ensuite.

My freinds and family are kinda changing my initial choice. :s
Reply 26
Media, Communications & Culture/Psychology.

I haven't checked all the halls yet. I may go for Westminster as my first, but it's non-smoking.

(I could always give up) :smile:
Original post by Liam2987
Media, Communications & Culture/Psychology.

I haven't checked all the halls yet. I may go for Westminster as my first, but it's non-smoking.

(I could always give up) :smile:

All halls are non smoking arent they?

Non-smoking

In line with UK Legislation all shared/communal areas in halls and entrances to buildings are designated as non-smoking.

http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying/accommodation/living
Reply 28

Non-smoking

In line with UK Legislation all shared/communal areas in halls and entrances to buildings are designated as non-smoking.

I think in some of the halls you're allowed to smoke inside your own room as long you display a sign that says something to the effect of 'this is a smoking room'.

That's what I gathered from the Halls rules and regs. I'm guessing they don't allow it at Westminster because it's just been built.

Non-smoking

As stated all Communal areas are non-smoking. This however does not apply to your individual room. Regardless of the hall you can smoke in your room. Normally just requires going to your halls reception and get a smoking room sign. :smile:
Original post by Charlottay!
As stated all Communal areas are non-smoking. This however does not apply to your individual room. Regardless of the hall you can smoke in your room. Normally just requires going to your halls reception and get a smoking room sign. :smile:

So I could end up stuck between two smokers, but its ok as long as they display a 'Smoking Room' sign?

Great . . . . :dry:
So I could end up stuck between two smokers, but its ok as long as they display a 'Smoking Room' sign?

Great . . . . :dry:

If it becomes a problem you can just report it to your halls manager. There a few smokers in the flats around me that i spend time with. You'll find that most r quite respectful about it, they will either go outside because they don't want there own room smelling of smoke or they will open a window.
Reply 32
Hey Oxford Brookers, existencial doubt here.

I'll be a postgraduate student at OB and as I come from abroad I will apply for halls. My doubt is wether to go for postgraduate only halls/blocks or go to mix/undergraduate halls.

The thing is I am a pg student and also qualify as mature student (I'll be 24 in july). however, I lived in halls all my years at uni in madrid with people from 18 to twenty something and I never got the impression there was a sort of age gap....

Are you british undergraduates as noisy as they say? ¬¬ Even for a spaniard used to live in noisy Madrid?

I dunno what to do, sorry about the waffling around. But I don't want to end up in a PG flat with people old enough to be my parents and whose definition of fun is having a glass of wine at 8pm on a Saturday.

By the way, what cleanness standard should I expect in a non-ensuite hall in Britain?
Reply 33
Firmed for Real Estate :smile: anyone had a look at the two new halls? Dorset House and Slade Park I think they're called :smile: they look pretty amazing!
Anyone had any info from OB about accommodation yet?
Just firmed for Occupational Therapy............ need to start looking for a 2 bedroom place and a nice school for my Daughter, I like the look of Summertown? or maybe New Marston? Headington? So chuffed:smile:

They are going to send the packages any day now! so just wait for them! :smile:
Original post by arantxaxiam
They are going to send the packages any day now! so just wait for them! :smile:

That's what I thought. But just wanted to make sure. Thanks!! :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by TheaG
Firming for Business Management and Marketing :biggrin:

SAME :smile: still awaiting the Accommodation pack to apply online.
Hopefully it will come in the next 2-3 weeks.
Reply 39

Any thoughts on Accommodation choices..??
I'm thinking Clive Booth en-suite and Paul Kent en-suite.

I'm gonna be based on Wheatley for lectures so I know Westminster is out of the question LOL.

Anyone from London, moving to Oxford??

Quick Reply

Latest