This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by headunderwater
Remember guys: abuse + self harm = BPD.

:rolleyes:

That is the magic formula...

Although I got diagnosed without abuse... because I'm just weird.
Hey. How are you? :smile:

Not gonna lie, I've been better! Trying not to feel sorry for myself lol, but forcing myself to do revision is very hard today.

How about yourself? (:
Reply 9842
Original post by Nut.
My thoughts are getting jumpy/paranoid. Hoping it's just a temporary effect of lack of meds/ no sleep/ lots of alcohol, because being suspicious of all the people walking around outside isn't fun, and neither was repeatedly throwing back the shower curtain this morning to check there was nobody there.

In some ways that is natural, it is only up until very recently that humans have not had to really worry a lot about such things so as soon as you are slightly more paranoid, all these things come out.
Reply 9843
Original post by Alofleicester
You say that, but when I did it I only slept ~7-8 hours. Although that was the weekend FM 12 came out - I'm not losing valuable playing time to something as trivial as sleep.

Haha, when one has bipolar disorder sleep is a bit important (though it doesn't seem to be aware of it's importance to me, judging by its absence). :tongue:

I'm holidaying through a couple of seasons atm - got my in-game "son" character coming through the ranks, but he is unfortunately very **** so I have him on an extremely intense training schedule all of his own :tongue:
Original post by Noodlzzz

URGH wtf. How can they think you're borderline at all? Throw a table at her and see how she acts under stress :colone:

I'm so trying this in DBT tomorrow :colone: Although if I say I am doing it mindfully he probably won't care.
I got diagnosed with it without the self harm either, mega spesh please?

URGH wtf. How can they think you're borderline at all? Throw a table at her and see how she acts under stress :colone:

Definitely mega spesh. How the **** did you manage that?

**** knows. :dontknow: I've been in a stable relationship for 5 years, about to get married to her! I never worried about abandonment because I never had friends, I never had mood swings I was simply constantly depressed. :lolwut:

I love your table idea. :biggrin: Where I get seen they have alarms on the wall, I can't go in that room without being tempted to push it. :teehee: If I threw a table they'd probably push it - two birds, one stone! :cool:
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
Not gonna lie, I've been better! Trying not to feel sorry for myself lol, but forcing myself to do revision is very hard today.

How about yourself? (:

What's up?

I'm okay, pissed off at all professionals and getting some bad urges. Won't moan too much though.
Original post by Nut.
Haha, when one has bipolar disorder sleep is a bit important (though it doesn't seem to be aware of it's importance to me, judging by its absence). :tongue:

I'm holidaying through a couple of seasons atm - got my in-game "son" character coming through the ranks, but he is unfortunately very **** so I have him on an extremely intense training schedule all of his own :tongue:

Aah. I don't appear to need sleep (or to stop drinking - my body is far too resilient to alcomahol and other drugs for my own good).

Still in the first season, but 16 points clear of second at the end of February and in the league cup final - the championship has been far too easy for my almighty team of south Americans at Leicester.
Original post by bullettheory
I'm so trying this in DBT tomorrow :colone: Although if I say I am doing it mindfully he probably won't care.

Ugh. I ****ing hated learning mindfulness. Most pointless load of **** i've ever heard. We had to do stuff like 'mindfully' drinking a cup of tea, or 'mindfully' breathing. :angry:

:rofl:

Oh man, this made me actually laugh out loud.

****ing mindfulness *******s.
Original post by Sabertooth

**** knows. :dontknow: I've been in a stable relationship for 5 years, about to get married to her! I never worried about abandonment because I never had friends, I never had mood swings I was simply constantly depressed. :lolwut:

I said that! I told them my mood was constantly low and they told me it was a part of BPD, and I said something along the lines of "no it isn't, mood instability is a part of BPD" and the room went silent. :mad::mad::mad:

ARGH. HATE MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES.
What's up?

I'm okay, pissed off at all professionals and getting some bad urges. Won't moan too much though.

Just generally feeling like crap, took the whole day off college, spent most of it sleeping and now am faced with an overwhelming pile of revision.

How comes you're pissed? Feel free to moan :biggrin:
Like seriously kill me now? :frown:
I said that! I told them my mood was constantly low and they told me it was a part of BPD, and I said something along the lines of "no it isn't, mood instability is a part of BPD" and the room went silent. :mad::mad::mad:

ARGH. HATE MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES.

You know what I think?

This is the coalition's new plan to save money on mental health services. Diagnose as many people with borderline personality disorder as possible and then tell them to **** off! Think how much money the NHS will save! :eek:

Just remember to label your emotions while it's happening and they'll be cool with it :wink:

I love your table idea. :biggrin: Where I get seen they have alarms on the wall, I can't go in that room without being tempted to push it. :teehee: If I threw a table they'd probably push it - two birds, one stone! :cool:

Because I once tried 'game over' and I'm female I guess :dontknow:

They have alarms on the walls!? What kind of place is that? Having said that, when I was on one of the wards we had like emergency buttons above our bed. One of the guys who got admitted was so delusional/wacked out on meds he had no idea where he was and thought he was in a hotel. He kept pressing the emergency button asking for room service :rofl:
You know what I think?

This is the coalition's new plan to save money on mental health services. Diagnose as many people with borderline personality disorder as possible and then tell them to **** off! Think how much money the NHS will save! :eek:

I agree with you. It's a huge conspiracy. Although if we tell them this they'll blame it on the....

BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER!!!!!!!!!! YAY. BORDERLINE PSYCHOPATHS
You know what I think?

That is very egocentric of the government. Such black and white thinking, almost you might say... manipulative of them. Cameron has BPD? :wink:

They should start each house of Lords meeting with a DBT session. OMG this would be awesome. Like if one of them got upset about like the coalition going back on promises they have to label their emotions and let everyone know how they feel and then get responses from the other members of the group on what they're feeling :rofl:
(edited 11 years ago)

They have alarms on the walls!? What kind of place is that? Having said that, when I was on one of the wards we had like emergency buttons above our bed. One of the guys who got admitted was so delusional/wacked out on meds he had no idea where he was and thought he was in a hotel. He kept pressing the emergency button asking for room service :rofl:

I did that once. Was very unwell at the time and thought the emergency button was for room service. They ended up disabling the button until I had gone.
Because I once tried 'game over' and I'm female I guess :dontknow:

Ah yeah, I tried game over too, of course all I wanted was attention. :wizard:

:rofl: That's pretty ****ing funny. Aw poor guy.

And yeah, I thought it was normal for them to have alarms on the walls? :s-smilie: It's a really big red button that shouts at me to push it. My last psychiatrist was trained in krav maga, she didn't need the alarm. :cool:
Ugh. I ****ing hated learning mindfulness. Most pointless load of **** i've ever heard. We had to do stuff like 'mindfully' drinking a cup of tea, or 'mindfully' breathing. :angry:

What's the new obsession with mindfulness? Surely we're all going to get to a point of being so mindful that we stop functioning entirely?

Latest