The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

How good is the Univeristy of Greenwich?

I was thinking of applying for Uni of greenwich after my A2 ...So how is the Student life and the accomadation and other things.? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

It's tremendously good looking

greenwich_uni.jpg
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
Hmm thats a pretty big campus!
Reply 3
I'm (hopefully) going there in september to do a maths degree, and the computing and maths section is apparently quite good. I've visited the campus and it is much, much nicer than any photo. There are 3 campuses though so you may not be on the greenwich campus.
Reply 4
U applied for it?
Reply 5
Yes
Reply 6
It's pretty terrible. Always at the bottom of league tables and universally derided; pretty much a ****-tier university.
Reply 7
Original post by Einheri
It's pretty terrible. Always at the bottom of league tables and universally derided; pretty much a ****-tier university.

Wow, hahaha.
Reply 8
Original post by Einheri

it's not russell group, but it does alright on league tables, especially for satisfaction.

let's not be snobs here...
Reply 9
Original post by Pride
it's not russell group, but it does alright on league tables, especially for satisfaction.

let's not be snobs here...

Really? It's normally near the bottom; hovering around 100th place (which is pretty shocking considering there are only about 110 UK universities). It's easy to be satisfied if you've got low standards.
Reply 10
Original post by Einheri
Really? It's normally near the bottom; hovering around 100th place (which is pretty shocking considering there are only about 110 UK universities). It's easy to be satisfied if you've got low standards.

Surely standards is a relative thing...
Reply 11
I went there once...man you should have a look at their toilets...frekin amazing man! I ain't even lying.
Dunno how their other stuff are, but its a good uni, a uni's a uni, it's you who will ultimately make the difference to yourself.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Einheri

I went to a top 3 Uni and got the worst education I've ever gotten.

Before that I went to a pretty much unknown Uni and got some of the best educators.

To base your judgement on league tables, as Thatcher said; "You must be bonkers!"
Original post by kka25
I went to a top 3 Uni and got the worst education I've ever gotten.

Before that I went to a pretty much unknown Uni and got some of the best educators.

To base your judgement on league tables, as Thatcher said; "You must be bonkers!"

TBH, if the op is going to uni to better hes chances of gaining employment then greenwhich is kinda ****. You may not base your judgement on league tables but most employers do, so going to a uni at the bottom of the table gives him litterally no chance of gaining a good job
Reply 14
Original post by darkshadow1111
TBH, if the op is going to uni to better hes chances of gaining employment then greenwhich is kinda ****. You may not base your judgement on league tables but most employers do, so going to a uni at the bottom of the table gives him litterally no chance of gaining a good job

No. To further elaborate, even if he goes to a good uni but gets **** grades, no employers would even touch him. That's my point.

Find a Uni that cares about your education; not their research.
Rather awful.

It comes near the bottom of every league table for practically every subject.
Original post by kka25
No. To further elaborate, even if he goes to a good uni but gets **** grades, no employers would even touch him. That's my point.

Find a Uni that cares about your education; not their research.

No. find a uni that employers hold in high regards. If you flop at any uni you wont get a job, but doing well in grenwhich still has a high chance of leaving you jobless. The same cant be said about more decent uni's can it?
Reply 17
Its a ****hole. Do not go there.
Reply 18
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Rather awful.

It comes near the bottom of every league table for practically every subject.

At least you would be at the centre of the world (time wise)
Reply 19
Original post by darkshadow1111
No. find a uni that employers hold in high regards. If you flop at any uni you wont get a job, but doing well in grenwhich still has a high chance of leaving you jobless. The same cant be said about more decent uni's can it?

Well I won't counter argue about Greenwich's lack of job opportunity since I don't have any factual data on that; do you?

My whole point is to get good education; from the good education you can display it to your future employers. If your future employers reject you based on the merits of tables and not your skills or intellect, they aren't really sound minded people are they then?

*but it seems that there are many negative comments for Greenwich on this thread :teehee:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest