The Student Room Group

student clubs in london

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong section, but this section seems to fit the best.

Anyway im finished university for summer and am now back home in london, and i was wondering if people could recommend me on some good student nights?

the only ones i seem to know of are cheapskates, picadilly institute, roxy and propaganda, and they are all pretty small.

I used to go to tiger tiger on a monday but they have stopped running that night, is there any other night similar to this? i.e quite a big venue with different rooms and its always busy.

thanks
Reply 1
Cheapskates is awful.

My mate claims she went to tiger tiger 2 nights ago (even though ive always had the impression that, other than mondays, it was 21 to get in).
Reply 2
yeah im not a massive fan of cheapskates but cant really complain at the prices of drinks, even if they are watered down.

been looking on the internet and found a few places. do people actually go to clubs like infernos, metra and kanaloa? never heard of them but they supposedly have student nights on.
Bad sex at Proud in Camden every Thursday - always a good'un, £3 before 10 £5 after on NUS. This isn't really big though or anything. I guess KoKo might also have stuff on but I don't know much about that.

All the Leicester Square clubs (Tiger tiger, ruby blue, picadilly institute etc.) are on access all areas for a £7 wristband on a Friday night.

Aside from that there are occasional big events at Ministry of Sound but those are generally during term time I think.
Reply 4
What about Feeling Gloomy@O2 islington? I know quite a few London students who used to go there, never been there myself so can't really recommend it; anyone?
Reply 5
Whats so bad about Cheapskates? Was planning to go tomorrow... :/
Reply 6
And i went to bad sex for my birthday 6 months ago, complete sausage fest and not in a good way.
Reply 7
The floores are sticky, and full of litter. The security guards are t***s. Youre never getting anywhere to sit. The music isnt awful but is far from brilliant. The only thing going for it is the fact that its cheap, but then they serve you in small plastic cups (hence the litter), so you need a fair few before you start to feel tipsy atleast. But thats the atmosphere i got from it, cheap. You look at a girl and youve pulled. Everything just felt too cheap.

Hence cheapskates.
Reply 8
Original post by Dbrown18
The floores are sticky, and full of litter. The security guards are t***s. Youre never getting anywhere to sit. The music isnt awful but is far from brilliant. The only thing going for it is the fact that its cheap, but then they serve you in small plastic cups (hence the litter), so you need a fair few before you start to feel tipsy atleast. But thats the atmosphere i got from it, cheap. You look at a girl and youve pulled. Everything just felt too cheap.

Hence cheapskates.

Nicee...ah man we're going for my mate's 18th, after his older brother was talking about the student nights he loves in London. I thought it was atleast one of those places that is so bad that it's good lol! What kind of people does it attract? cheap ones, I'm guessing? Do you recommened anywhere else?
Oceana Kingston - but depending on what part of London you're from, it might be too far out
THE ROXY! THE ROXY! THE ROXY! I love that place. It's basically UCL and King's during term time. During the summer it's a bit hit and miss, the nights aren't as good. I like it because it's not as commercial/fresher central as Cheapskates etc. I for one LOATHE student nights, but The Roxy is a bit different.

Quick Reply