The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Hello everyone! :smile:

It's that time of year, we're currently running the medicine awards as a bit of fun.

To see more about the awards, and vote in this years awards, see this announcement

I have voted :cool: but only in a couple of categories as I only know a couplle of the actual medics on TSR. :smile:
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Time to joust with the rude Pearson Test Center woman tomorrow. You want ID? Let me just get my portfolio of bank statements, photocards, current and previous passports. Hah! :fight:

But on a somewhat separate note when I think about it, if we were allowed something (such as a nice cup of tea!) in the room whilst try to calculate how many miligrams of water a cat drinks an hour whilst standing on two paws singing the national anthem would make things so much easier.

Answer: none, a cat can't drink while singing. Alternatively, Cats can't sing, so that one is hypothetical-

And can't drink physical water :tongue:
Original post by AspiringGenius
I have voted :cool: but only in a couple of categories as I only know a couplle of the actual medics on TSR. :smile:

That's fine :h:

You'll have to stick around on the site then and be able to vote in more categories next year :yep:

For what it's worth, you could have voted for someone in more than one category, did you know this or was it not clear? :smile:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
That's fine :h:

You'll have to stick around on the site then and be able to vote in more categories next year :yep:

For what it's worth, you could have voted for someone in more than one category, did you know this or was it not clear? :smile:

Ahhh... I did not. I don't know if it was clear, I sort of skimmed the text (VR practise :colone: ). I would have voted in 4-5 catagories rather than two if this were the case. :smile: but not to worry, I'm sure my view isn't totally unconventional.
Goodnight personal angst thread! :smile: (although with the UKCAT, that's all I seem to be doing recently :rolleyes: )
Ahhh... I did not. I don't know if it was clear, I sort of skimmed the text (VR practise :colone: ). I would have voted in 4-5 catagories rather than two if this were the case. :smile: but not to worry, I'm sure my view isn't totally unconventional.

Ah I see..

Well in this instance I should be able to edit your results manually as you won't be able to re-enter the survey. If you would like me to do so then please PM me your votes for other categories :h:
Original post by suncake
Do you do the 'read the question first, then skim the text' method for VR?

Noooooooooooooo, skim read first, so tat you know where to look for all the questions then go through, way more efficient.
Original post by Orinincandenza
Noooooooooooooo, skim read first, so tat you know where to look for all the questions then go through, way more efficient.

But it seems more time consuming! :frown:
Original post by suncake

Really really skim, like just 20 seconds of the 2 minutes you get, then for the others you can do them more quickly.
Original post by suncake
Better be, I was preparing to neg-rep you in a fit of revenge there :tongue:

ooh fiesty i like that :sexface: :tongue:
Original post by Orinincandenza
Really really skim, like just 20 seconds of the 2 minutes you get, then for the others you can do them more quickly.

I'll try it out, but I'm not convinced. Just seems like I'll have to implement my memory skills more, which means extra effort. :tongue:

Original post by Theafricanlegend
ooh fiesty i like that :sexface: :tongue:

... :sexface:
Answer: none, a cat can't drink while singing. Alternatively, Cats can't sing, so that one is hypothetical-

And can't drink physical water :tongue:

Hah good point! :tongue:
Original post by suncake

Thats not what i do. I generally just take a look at the first question then read the passage well. I spen 3.5 minutes on a VR passage with 8q how much time do you spend?

:sexface:
Thats not what i do. I generally just take a look at the first question then read the passage well. I spen 3.5 minutes on a VR passage with 8q how much time do you spend?

:sexface:

That is what I do, too. I haven't actually timed myself by passage. But I will, and I'll tell you.

..:sexface:
Original post by suncake
That is what I do, too. I haven't actually timed myself by passage. But I will, and I'll tell you.

..:sexface:

Thankss
Does anyone what to use for BMAT preparation?

:smile: thannks would be good if you reply ASAP
Reply 5196
Original post by thegreenchildren
What do you think about applying to Oxford for Biochemistry as a 5th choice. I know it sounds stupid as its so competitive but do people ever do that and get an offer?
I, too, probably wouldnt choose my 5th option as I am set on medicine but I LOVE the biochemistry course at Oxford so that may be an exception and then I would hope to apply for post grad medicine. Anyway do you think theres much point in this idea? cheers

you'd have a medical personal statement, and because it's oxbridge, they'll have very able applicants who want to do biochemistry. It'd be rejected. Not to mention they interview applicants.

you don't want to be applying high risk like that anyway, your 5th choice is meant to be an option you're sure to get an offer with
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5197
Does anyone what to use for BMAT preparation?

:smile: thannks would be good if you reply ASAP

If you're seriously thinking about the BMAT, go and do some research. That's just a lazy question! :smile:

I've got my hands on 2 books, the ISC medical 400q one and the how to master the bmat one, and those are alright. There's past papers on the website
Original post by Pride
If you're seriously thinking about the BMAT, go and do some research. That's just a lazy question! :smile:

I've got my hands on 2 books, the ISC medical 400q one and the how to master the bmat one, and those are alright. There's past papers on the website

Sorry my question was badly worded. What i meant to say was ''anyone know good prep materials for the bmat''. Anyways i got the how to master the bmat book however is the 400 bmat any good? I heard it was rubbish....
Thankss for the suggestions
Reply 5199
Sorry my question was badly worded. What i meant to say was ''anyone know good prep materials for the bmat''. Anyways i got the how to master the bmat book however is the 400 bmat any good? I heard it was rubbish....
Thankss for the suggestions

it's not brilliant, the bmat past papers are most helpful

Latest