The Student Room Group

Honest opinion about the IB?

Scroll to see replies

I am very very glad I did the IB. Honestly. I was headed the other route actually, to do A Levels and the IB school I'm studying in was my fourth choice. But I got assigned there and had to do the curriculum. At first, I was stressed out, I admit. The teachers told us what was expected of us and what we were supposed to complete in our two years of study. But I actually find the IB easier than Singapore's A Levels.

I feel that the IB is stronger and more in-depth in the humanities than in the sciences, unlike As. And what it lacks in depth, it covers for in the variety of topics covered in the sciences. That's one part of what I love about it. My A Level counterparts would never have had the opportunity to study Astrophysics. Their history syllabus also leaves much to be desired.

It might seem difficult at first, but I feel that the IB is best suited for me. The EE, while taxing and demanding, is enjoyable to complete. You get to pick what you're interested in and that ensures your commitment. It becomes something you want to do and I have spent hours upon hours in the library satiating my curiosity. IB's drawback is that you have to do a maths and a science but I don't find it that absurd a request. Maths and science both offers the student logical thinking skills and trains a person to look at something in multiple different ways before arriving at a reasonable conclusion. I would say that maths and science is necessary and that SL Maths is easy enough to do well in and that SL Chemistry is too (I reserve that though for SL Physics and Bio).

Working hard is a given. The IB is not somewhere you can slack off and ride through in, but I think that's sort of the point.
ib sucks butt i've only been at school for one hour and i've had 2 mental breakdowns

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending