Stirling applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Aimeeeeee
Where are you from? Lanarkshire
What are you thinking of applying for? Film & Media and History
What grades do you need? ABBB
What grades do you have? BBCC

I realise these grades are not the best! :-/ does anyone know if it is likely that I will even be considered?

Think you should get a conditional thought the film & media entry was BBBB
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Anyone recieved any offers yet? / have a clue when Stirling start giving them out?
Original post by lampshade1
Anyone recieved any offers yet? / have a clue when Stirling start giving them out?

You may be waiting a while yet. It was mid/late April this year.
Reply 43
Original post by HarveyCanis

Any one know how strict they are with conditionals??
Original post by EH1
Any one know how strict they are with conditionals??

In what sense? I found them quite lenient actually. Because I messed up in Biology, I ended up doing just 2 A Levels and 2 AS Levels in my final year, so, along with General Studies, I had 3 AS Levels and 2 A Levels. Naturally that meant I couldn't receive the "BBC" offer but they almost instantly changed the offer to "AB".

In terms of strictness then, I found them quite lenient. However there were a lot of applicants last year so you must ensure your personal statement is very good.

April?! bloody hell :P
April?! bloody hell :P

A lot of people withdrew their applications this year because of the wait. But I'd like to think they'd be a tad quicker this year. It's definitely worth the wait to come here! :smile:
Reply 47
In what sense? I found them quite lenient actually. Because I messed up in Biology, I ended up doing just 2 A Levels and 2 AS Levels in my final year, so, along with General Studies, I had 3 AS Levels and 2 A Levels. Naturally that meant I couldn't receive the "BBC" offer but they almost instantly changed the offer to "AB".

In terms of strictness then, I found them quite lenient. However there were a lot of applicants last year so you must ensure your personal statement is very good.

what subject r u studying
Original post by EH1
what subject r u studying

History and Politics, with Linguistics as my third module.

A lot of people withdrew their applications this year because of the wait. But I'd like to think they'd be a tad quicker this year. It's definitely worth the wait to come here! :smile:

I hope so! I can't stand waiting and I've not even been waiting a week yet :') mind you, I'm just impatient :P
What made you choose Stirling then?
I hope so! I can't stand waiting and I've not even been waiting a week yet :') mind you, I'm just impatient :P
What made you choose Stirling then?

The course, the reputation of the uni, distance away from home, cheaper than England and, of course, the absolutely gorgeous location.

If you come here you have to walk around the full campus and visit the paths "behind" the uni. Truly beautiful.

The course, the reputation of the uni, distance away from home, cheaper than England and, of course, the absolutely gorgeous location.

If you come here you have to walk around the full campus and visit the paths "behind" the uni. Truly beautiful.

What are you studying?
Yeah I came on the Open Day recently, it is beautiful :smile:
Applied for: Psychology
Grades needed: BBC
Grades predicted: AAA or AAB (depends on how nice my maths teacher decided to be)

I applied for level 1 entry (BBC), but because I've got high predicted grades will they give me an offer for level 2 entry (think they want ABB/AAB)?

Either way, the uni looks fab! And the area is so pretty :smile:
Original post by kirsti
Where are you from? Somewhere inbetween Stirling and Glasgow
What are you thinking of applying for? Law
What grades do you need? AABB
What grades do you have? AABBB and doing another higher and 3 advanced this year! also have a contextual factor :smile:

I'm sorry, but what's a 'contextual factor' or am I being really dumb? :redface:
Reply 54
Original post by flown_muse
I'm sorry, but what's a 'contextual factor' or am I being really dumb? :redface:

its just things like if you come from a school which is from a deprived area, so doesnt have many students achieving grades for university or if none of your parents went to uni when they left school. if you have a contextual factor then it means what you achieved was against the odds :smile:

it explains it better on university websites haha

Last year was really mixed with offers. I got my first offer before the January deadline, but didn't receive my second offer until the start of April. A lot of people had to wait a while to receive offers, though it was partly due to an increase in applicants last year.
Original post by draconia_93

Last year was really mixed with offers. I got my first offer before the January deadline, but didn't receive my second offer until the start of April. A lot of people had to wait a while to receive offers, though it was partly due to an increase in applicants last year.

Yeah I suppose, just waiting until April scares me! :')
Yeah I suppose, just waiting until April scares me! :')

A piece of advice: make your personal statement the best it can be. Stirling seems to be pretty focused on personal statements, and it was one of the reasons people got rejected last year.

Out of interest, what are you applying for?

A piece of advice: make your personal statement the best it can be. Stirling seems to be pretty focused on personal statements, and it was one of the reasons people got rejected last year.

Out of interest, what are you applying for?

Well mine is all sent off! I did make it the best it could be, at least I think I did for me personally :smile:
Philosophy :smile: If I get an offer, Stirling will be my insurance though
Well mine is all sent off! I did make it the best it could be, at least I think I did for me personally :smile:
Philosophy :smile: If I get an offer, Stirling will be my insurance though

Ah, well good luck!! I don't study Philosophy, but I've heard its very good here :smile:

Stirling is a good second choice, if not first (not that I'm biased haha). What's your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest