The Student Room Group

Envy feelings - spoilt rich kids

What's the best cure for having bad envy feelings?

I get really really jealous of girls who have such nice lives, i live in a mixed sort of area and i go to a school that tries hard to push us but my family have like zero money. On the way to school or in the street i see these girls my age with designer everything or lazing around in totally posh cars being driven to posh school in their posh uniforms. I get really incredibly jelly of them, not just for all the nice things they have either, they look really spoilt and happy and comfy. Its really really hard work to achieve anything for me but they look like its all dreamy and probs it is at least partly, i mean i know they probs have some hard things to do but everything is basically the best for them.

What's the cure? I see them every day and don't want to hate them but end up feeling that way. Then on TSR i have chatted with some really posh girls and they seem quite nice and normal and friendly, but there is like zero interaction in real life, if people like that see me and my friends in the shops or whatever its like nose in the air time!

What's the cure?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It isn't all that unusual to be envious. It's just unusual to admit it. I might be one of the people you would envy but that would be a bit hard to feel for me, so maybe some of the people who you think are turning their noses up are actually worried about how you will feel about them? I get very jealous about people I know at college who are absurdly rich, but then I just take a deep breath and try to remember all the good things I have and focus on those.
Reply 2
Original post by UsualStudent

I get really really jealous of girls who have such nice lives, i live in a mixed sort of area and i go to a school that tries hard to push us but my family have like zero money. On the way to school or in the street i see these girls my age with designer everything or lazing around in totally posh cars being driven to posh school in their posh uniforms. I get really incredibly jelly of them, not just for all the nice things they have either, they look really spoilt and happy and comfy. Its really really hard work to achieve anything for me but they look like its all dreamy and probs it is at least partly, i mean i know they probs have some hard things to do but everything is basically the best for them.

What's the cure?

Gahhh I get exactly the same thing. There's a private girls school near where I live and we sometimes go and stare at them to try and psike them out. At leaving time it's one long line of white range rovers and girls with totally straight blonde hair or perfect ponytail blonde hair. They really annoy me but I am also like completely made of jealous. I like the way they act though, sort of confident and smug, some of my friends hate it but I think secretly want to be them.
Turn it into angry class warrior angst, put an anarchist flag on your profile, come on TSR and exaggerate your Dickensian lifestyle by talking like 'bun dat' 'llow it' 'fassy' 'neek' etc when really you know it's fruitless cause only like 3% of people on here know what it means anyway. Works for me
Reply 4
Original post by MaxiFreca
Gahhh I get exactly the same thing. There's a private girls school near where I live and we sometimes go and stare at them to try and psike them out. At leaving time it's one long line of white range rovers and girls with totally straight blonde hair or perfect ponytail blonde hair. They really annoy me but I am also like completely made of jealous. I like the way they act though, sort of confident and smug, some of my friends hate it but I think secretly want to be them.

Why do girls with money go in for completely straight hair so much? Is there someone they are trying to emulate?

I like blonde ponytails though, have to confess.
work hard at school, get a good job to secure the lifestyle for your family that you were once envious of
Reply 6
lol the cure? Stop wanting, because you already have everything you need.
They're not rich, their parents are.

If you are looking for someone to blame, blame your parents.
As above. My parents are pretty wealthy but I have NO money (and not because I spent it all on Breitling watches!).
There is no cure, the anger will remain inside and you just have to learn to deal with it.
Reply 10
You should just take this as motivation to make something of yourself. Work hard, get a good job and make sure your kids get to live a lifestyle that you never got to live.
Reply 11
Like everyone else has said: work hard and earn the cash, that way you can spoil your children.

I personally hate reading people who bitch about the rich, they had to work just as - if not harder - for their place in society. I see it a ton here on TSR, people complaining about 'toffs', grow up and work hard - it's what rich people did, to become rich in the first place -.-
Reply 12
First world problems.
Reply 13
Original post by Gjaykay
Like everyone else has said: work hard and earn the cash, that way you can spoil your children.

I personally hate reading people who bitch about the rich, they had to work just as - if not harder - for their place in society. I see it a ton here on TSR, people complaining about 'toffs', grow up and work hard - it's what rich people did, to become rich in the first place -.-

Not necessarily, a lot of people have inherited their wealth.
Original post by JCC-MGS
Turn it into angry class warrior angst, put an anarchist flag on your profile, come on TSR and exaggerate your Dickensian lifestyle by talking like 'bun dat' 'llow it' 'fassy' 'neek' etc when really you know it's fruitless cause only like 3% of people on here know what it means anyway. Works for me

bun dat blud :cool:
Reply 15
Original post by tpxvs
Not necessarily, a lot of people have inherited their wealth.

Yeah that just means though that someone further back in their family worked hard, except lottery winners and the like, obviously.
Original post by UsualStudent

What's the cure? I see them every day and don't want to hate them but end up feeling that way. Then on TSR i have chatted with some really posh girls and they seem quite nice and normal and friendly, but there is like zero interaction in real life, if people like that see me and my friends in the shops or whatever its like nose in the air time!

What's the cure?

Stop complaining, their parents worked hard for it. It's so stupid how everyone hates wealthy people.
You cannot control which family you were born into, but you can control your future. Try not to be envious, their lives may seem easy and enjoyable and it is easy to think about what you do not have, instead try to think about what you do have. As long as you have shelter, food, a caring family and some enjoyment, then it is just a matter of stop thinking "their family is richer than my family" and focus on obtaining good grades or the direction you wish to take. There will always be people wealthier, better looking, smarter, funnier, etc. than you, so the key is to just focus on making the most out of yourself.
Reply 18
Pfft. Nothing really to be envious of.

They sit on the ****ter the same way you do, they put on their trousers one leg at a time.
If you feel that way just get richer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending