The Student Room Group

TSR Horse Owners' Society Thread!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gerd Loki
I don't need a horse when I can ride your mom!

How's about you ride your ego off this thread... :rolleyes:
Original post by Antifazian
Meh, I was just being pedantic :tongue:

I haven't ridden for a few weeks due to the bad weather up here, but usually have lessons once a week, have done for about 11 years now and love it :biggrin:

Yeah, the bad weather's a real pain :s-smilie:
Glad to hear you've been Riding for 11 years and still loving it!! :biggrin:
All the Best :smile:
My pony has decided she now likes to buck.

Can't make up my mind whether she's really clever, or really stupid... riding her in my group lesson and the horse infront started to buck, then Freckles decided she'd like to join in. She then decided to do it through the whole lesson o.o Hope so bad it was just the other horse influencing her and she doesn't do it again D:
Reply 23
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
Hiya :biggrin: I've done my Stage 1 :biggrin:
It's not difficult if you know Horses, though it's the learning the 'BHS way' of doing things and all the health and safety aspects that are more diffucult than what you learn - i.e you have to be very concious of treating the Horses as if you've never met them before in your exam, even if you know them very well :biggrin:

You can train at a BHS Yard though I know not all BHS Approved Yards actually offer Stages Training - it's best to ask :biggrin:
Yes, you can do the training @ your own Yard, in fact, as long as you're a BHS Member you can take the exam without prior formal training, though that's not advised :redface:
I did my Stage 1 with a College, but now that college has closed down my fab BHS Instructors do the training themselves @ their own Yard/@ their House etc :biggrin:
If you'd like to know more have a chat with anyone at the British Horse Society, or even any instrucotrs you know :biggrin:
I'm currently training for my Stage 2 - it's fantastic, I cant wait to become a qualified Instructor!! :biggrin:
Good Luck!! :biggrin:

thank you for your help!! I will defiantly look into it!!! :biggrin:
Good luck in your stage your 2!!!!
Thanks again :smile:
X
Original post by Leannek
thank you for your help!! I will defiantly look into it!!! :biggrin:
Good luck in your stage your 2!!!!
Thanks again :smile:
X

You're very, very Welcome, anytime!! :biggrin:
Thank You - I'm hoping to do my Exam once I have my Riding and Road Safety sorted, then do my PTT a little earlier than normal :tongue: hehehe xx
Reply 25
You're very, very Welcome, anytime!! :biggrin:
Thank You - I'm hoping to do my Exam once I have my Riding and Road Safety sorted, then do my PTT a little earlier than normal :tongue: hehehe xx

Hope it goes well for you!! post on here how you get on lol :smile:
xx
Original post by Leannek
Hope it goes well for you!! post on here how you get on lol :smile:
xx

Thank you!! I definately will!! :biggrin: Good Luck with Stage 1, please let us know how that goes too!! :biggrin: xx
Reply 27
Back to my home country we have an administration lady of 60+ in apartment blocks. They are usually there for the tick. I mean ...if there is a fire ...they will call a fire brigade...etc. Or make sure people don't write nasty things on the walls etc..

Well every summer I live in that apartment of mine ...and that ...lady of our apartment block.
She is such a horse!
Reply 28
I just have one horse at the moment (more than enough with exams and all!) He's a 15.2 thoroughbred and he's an ex-racer. I found him in Spain... long story! Anyway he's a little monkey but I love him and he's got a cracking jump on him. Done a few small competitions which have been good (the hard part is convincing him hes not at the races when he see's all the new horses). He's great at XC too. I've been riding for pretty much my whole life and had a string of cheeky ponies. I've always showjumped, with a bit of ODE on the side. Really sorry OP, but I seriously dislike parelli (no offence)!
Yeah thats about it! Heres a picture of the monster (butter wouldnt melt)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
awww...i want a horse!! cant afford it atm ..but one day hopefully!
Original post by Shan<3
x

Stunning horse!
Reply 31
Original post by CharleyChester
Stunning horse!

Thank you!! :biggrin:
I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks he's beautiful haha
Original post by Shan<3
I just have one horse at the moment (more than enough with exams and all!) He's a 15.2 thoroughbred and he's an ex-racer. I found him in Spain... long story! Anyway he's a little monkey but I love him and he's got a cracking jump on him. Done a few small competitions which have been good (the hard part is convincing him hes not at the races when he see's all the new horses). He's great at XC too. I've been riding for pretty much my whole life and had a string of cheeky ponies. I've always showjumped, with a bit of ODE on the side. Really sorry OP, but I seriously dislike parelli (no offence)!
Yeah thats about it! Heres a picture of the monster (butter wouldnt melt)

Your Horse is gorgeous!! :biggrin: He sounds like great fun :biggrin:
No worries about Parelli, a lot of ppl dislike it - I think it's good for confidence building and when ground training to give Horsey manners, but tbph a lot of it is 'gimmicky' and to sell the system as opposed to being really useful :tongue: lol.
I'm back to doing Classical Dressage type Training with my Horsies, and we're Loving it!! :biggrin:

Generally speaking, @ the end of the day as long as you're relatively open-minded and willing to give different training techniques a try, you'll find a system that works best for your own Horses, and as long as it works and Horsey is happy, it's all good!! :biggrin:
what actually is classical dressage compared to just dressage?
Original post by Botticello
what actually is classical dressage compared to just dressage?

Classical Dressage is similar to the way the Spanish Riding School Ride/Train their Horses, whereas ordinary Dressage is closer to the 'BHS' way of Riding and is the most commonly seen style of Dressage Riding :smile:
If you're interested in looking further into it, have a look on Youtube @ the Spanish Riding School, then compare their style of Riding to Dressage Class Riding - many Grand Prix Dressage Riders Ride in a Classical Style too :smile:
Hi Everyone!! :biggrin:

Thanks for Reading this thread :biggrin: It has been created to accompany the group of the same name, dedicated to all Horse Owners who use TSR :biggrin:
So please feel free to discuss anything Equine-related, and please feel free to join the Group!! :biggrin:

To get this thread started....
I have 2 Horses who are my Life :biggrin: I have been Riding virtually all my Life and am hoping to work with Horses as a career :biggrin:
I enjoy Parelli training, Hacking, Show Jumping, Cross Country, Dressage etc - I used to Compete in Showing and Show Jumping mostly but have done a little One Day Eventing and Cross Country, which I am hoping to return to this Summer :biggrin:
I am currently training to become a Riding Instructor and am doing my BHS Stages (I'm on Stage 2 so far :tongue:), I'd also like to do Equine Anatomy/Physiology and Equine Psychology Distance Learning Courses (I can't afford Uni) so that once I'm a qualified Instructor I can give ppl a more holistic teaching perspective of the Horse, and the amazing creature it is!! :biggrin:

If there's anything else you'd like to ask with regard to Horses then please feel free, otherwise please fill this thread with Horse-related chat!! :biggrin:
All the Best,
~*Horse_Mad*~

The horse in my Sig is Alizar, a horse that my boss used to own :smile: I absolutely adored him, but she had to sell him last summer, and I was absolutely devastated :frown: He was an amazing boy, and I really miss him, but I have loads of happy memories :smile:
He was a 15.2hh Haflinger, incredibly strong, but so much fun!
That photo was taken on a sponsored ride, 15 miles, and he jogged, cantered or galloped the whole way!!
Sorry for the ramble :P
Original post by Indiesaurusrex
The horse in my Sig is Alizar, a horse that my boss used to own :smile: I absolutely adored him, but she had to sell him last summer, and I was absolutely devastated :frown: He was an amazing boy, and I really miss him, but I have loads of happy memories :smile:
He was a 15.2hh Haflinger, incredibly strong, but so much fun!
That photo was taken on a sponsored ride, 15 miles, and he jogged, cantered or galloped the whole way!!
Sorry for the ramble :P

Don't worry, if you think that's rambling you should see my posts :redface: :tongue: hehehe.
What a lovely looking Horse :biggrin: Sorri you can't see Him anymore :frown:
though it is always great to remember the happy memories!! :biggrin: x
erm hi

if we're all into parelli/nh we might not get on ha
Original post by Paper_planes
erm hi

Never tried Parelli, so I have no opinion on the subject :smile:
Original post by Paper_planes
erm hi

Never tried it, but from what I've heard of Linda Parelli smacking a blind horse round the face, and Pat tying up Whitaker's horse and tormenting it, I won't be trying it, ha.

Quick Reply

Latest