I'm applying for Nutrition and Dietetics :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I am =D English Lang and Lit
Me too. I'm applying for French (3 Year). :smile:
Reply 4
I see postgraduate applications for 2012 entry are open right now ... strange Isn`t this a bit early ? Or they are still not looking at them ?
Reply 5
English Language and Communication here :smile:
Reply 6
I will be applying for Computer Science

Anyone going to apply for postgrad soon ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
I'm applying for biochemistry :smile:

This thread existing makes it all seem so close!
Reply 8
So when are You people applying?
@Madmaz - When do you intend to submit ?
Reply 9
Original post by ostroff
So when are You people applying?
@Madmaz - When do you intend to submit ?

At least before the Christmas break, maybe mid November. It depends what my sixth form is advising I suppose.

What about everyone else?
Reply 10
Probably late October. Just wanna get it all done and dusted now!
Reply 11
I will try to apply around beginning of Oct. I wonder how long will it take for them to reach a decision ? Pretty scared already...
I've got a place for a master in music composition in 2012 - originally applied for 2011 and then deferred. Wish I hadn't, cannot wait to go now! Just one year and counting =/
Reply 13
Me hopefully, for French and Hispanic Studies.

Original post by SimplyComplex
Me too. I'm applying for French (3 Year). :smile:

What AS grades did you get?
Original post by Lewis :D
Me hopefully, for French and Hispanic Studies.

What AS grades did you get?

4 As in Sociology, French, Film Studies and Psychology. How about you? Nice to see another language applicant. :smile:
Reply 15
4 As in Sociology, French, Film Studies and Psychology. How about you? Nice to see another language applicant. :smile:

Ooo brainy! I had 3 As and a D (3As in French, Spanish and Geography, and a D in politics). You visited King's yet? :smile:
Ooo brainy! I had 3 As and a D (3As in French, Spanish and Geography, and a D in politics). You visited King's yet? :smile:

Hahaha, thank you. :redface: I'm not really, but yeah. xD Well done on your grades! What are you predicted overall? I would've done another language for A Level, but my high school only offered French, so that meant I could only do French A Level. :mad:

I haven't visited Kings yet, unfortunately. How about you? I've been to London a couple of times this year for college trips, but haven't been to visit the uni. I'm thinking of going on a campus tour or something soon, as my mum still isn't persuaded about me going to a uni in London.. :s-smilie:
Reply 17
Hahaha, thank you. :redface: I'm not really, but yeah. xD Well done on your grades! What are you predicted overall? I would've done another language for A Level, but my high school only offered French, so that meant I could only do French A Level. :mad:

I haven't visited Kings yet, unfortunately. How about you? I've been to London a couple of times this year for college trips, but haven't been to visit the uni. I'm thinking of going on a campus tour or something soon, as my mum still isn't persuaded about me going to a uni in London.. :s-smilie:

Aww that's a shame! My school offers three, and we're not a large school :s-smilie:. Either A*A*A, or A*A*B or something like that, I don't know yet, but my French and Spanish teachers said I should get A*s, and my Geography teacher said I should maintain my A, you? I'm scared I won't get in because of my D :frown:. Me neither, I wanted to go, but I found out Wednesday that the open day was Thursday this week! lol. I want to go to the next one, but if there isn't another one, I'll have to have my own guided tour. Do you know whether or not King's interview often? My mother isn't sold on the idea too, especially since the riots and the amount of stabbings in London! :P
Reply 18
Original post by IloveIt
Who's applying for 2012 entry? :smile:

I'm applying for pharmacy. Anyone else going to the open day on wednesday?
Aww that's a shame! My school offers three, and we're not a large school :s-smilie:. Either A*A*A, or A*A*B or something like that, I don't know yet, but my French and Spanish teachers said I should get A*s, and my Geography teacher said I should maintain my A, you? I'm scared I won't get in because of my D :frown:. Me neither, I wanted to go, but I found out Wednesday that the open day was Thursday this week! lol. I want to go to the next one, but if there isn't another one, I'll have to have my own guided tour. Do you know whether or not King's interview often? My mother isn't sold on the idea too, especially since the riots and the amount of stabbings in London! :P

My high school was crap, to put it bluntly. I was the first person to get an A* in a language there, if that says anything. I didn't have the best experience there and resulted in me GCSE grades I'm not that happy with.. I think if anything will ruin my chances of getting into the uni I want, it'll be that. I know unis consider the big picture (PS, reference, etc), but yeah it's got me slightly worried.

And well done on your predicted grades! Your teachers obviously have a lot of faith in you to do great in your exams! At the moment, I'm predicted 2A*s in French and Sociology and a A in Film. I've told my film teacher I'm aiming for an A*, but I need to up my work this year.

A lot of open days seem to be on days we're in college, right? The ones I've gone to so far have been on weekends or during the Summer holidays. A guided tour sounds good, though! Just make sure you have a map, etc.. Sheffield uni didn't send me one for their open day and I ended up getting lost half a dozen times, alongside going up many hills. xD And I'm not completely sure about the interview thing, sorry. :frown: Your mum sounds like mine! They keep saying that everything is so dear down there and my dad has already decided he doesn't want to drive down there due to the traffic. Great. :tongue:

Quick Reply