The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9540
Original post by cpdavis
:mmm:

Which reminds me, my friend introduced me to her friend. She was like :coma: and stop thinking about her :teehee:

:hmmm:
What are your views on sexuality being a fluid?
Reply 9542
Original post by cpdavis

It's not a fluid, certainly. :p: I've never felt like mine has changed much, but the nature of sexuality is that it's a personal thing, so while I'd be disinclined to regard someone who said they were attracted to completely different people every day as using the word 'sexuality' in the same way as me, I wouldn't reject the idea that people's can change - at the end of the day it's a personal preference like others we have.

EDIT: Wow, that was quite a long sentence. Essay withdrawal symptoms?
****ing hell, my boss is a lazy ****. He spends all day sitting in his office doing something indeterminate, apart from the odd occasions where he goes over to our other building to do something indeterminate and desk based over there.

He sent me an email an hour ago (well after I'd left work for the day) saying "Mike, someone's told me there are no sharps bins left, can you go ask Steve to bring up some more tomorrow when you get in?" WTF, why can't you do it yourself you lazy arse?! All it would require would be for you to walk down one flight of stairs and say "Steve, bring up some more sharps bins please". He could even use the bloody phone if he so inclined not to leave his chair ¬_¬

This is on top of the fact that neither he nor the other guy I work with covered for me in the slightest whilst I was away on leave, so I had a nice backlog as usual, a fact I'm getting flack for ><

I hate my job.
Original post by dbmag9
It's not a fluid, certainly. :p: I've never felt like mine has changed much, but the nature of sexuality is that it's a personal thing, so while I'd be disinclined to regard someone who said they were attracted to completely different people every day as using the word 'sexuality' in the same way as me, I wouldn't reject the idea that people's can change - at the end of the day it's a personal preference like others we have.

Yeah I see what you mean :yep: Me and my group of friends have been discussing this quite a lot recently, mainly due to the idea that 1 is bi and the other wants to explore being with a women. Interesting world :yep:
Original post by cpdavis

What, like a "tincture of fabulousness"?

I'm kidding. :p: I think sexuality's pretty fluid, although to an extent it'll depend on where you place yourself on the Kinsey scale. I'm pretty close to the end, so I can't say I've noticed any changes. :nah:

As an aside, have this awesome guide to making rainbow roses:

Original post by Tortious
What, like a "tincture of fabulousness"?

I'm kidding. :p: I think sexuality's pretty fluid, although to an extent it'll depend on where you place yourself on the Kinsey scale. I'm pretty close to the end, so I can't say I've noticed any changes. :nah:

As an aside, have this awesome guide to making rainbow roses:

For me, I end up swinging around the middle section of the kinsey scale and have been for a few years now. But seeing where is takes me :yep:

Those roses look pretty awesome :awesome:

Also, what do you guys think of this laptop case: http://www.amazon.co.uk/V7-Professional-Sleeve-inch-Laptop/dp/B0041L07MK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1332263223&sr=8-3
Reply 9547
Unrelatedly, this and this are both pretty cool.

Those look awesome. :awesome:
I just volunteered to do nights. Why is wrong with me?

As for the Olympic outfits. They are hideous. But it makes me happy in that I will not have to suffer people wearing them after the Olympics and usin them as a reason to talk about them. Glad I won't be in London when the sodding thing is on. Also looks like there might be drought I will also be missing. Win.
Original post by dbmag9
Unrelatedly, this and this are both pretty cool.

Those look awesome. :awesome:

I know! Now I just have to find a girl sufficiently interested to justify me giving her some... foreveralone.jpg :emo:
Reply 9550
Off to see Conal's girlfriend talk about herself in London. Have a nice evening, gays. :h:
Original post by cpdavis
I'm I the only one here not interested in Eurovision the slightest? :colonhash:

I couldn't give a toss either :tongue:
I know! Now I just have to find a girl sufficiently interested to justify me giving her some... foreveralone.jpg :emo:

:console: :moon:
Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent
:console: :moon:

Well...things may be looking up. Since the boys won't be interested in this, I'll PM you. :sexface:
I can recommend these. I use my headphones for probably at least 5 hours a day and they haven't failed me yet.

£7.73, I got them within two days, and there's a one year warranty if you buy them from Discounted Digital. :yep:

Ah cool cheers :smile: I did have a pair from HMV that were £20 and lasted me from November 2010 until September 2011, but after that the ones I bought were breaking often, and the closest HMV is about 100 miles from here in a car, but seeing as I don't possess a car, Swansea is quite difficult to get to. However, Birmingham on the other hand has good transport links and it's not much further in distance.
Original post by anshul95
I couldn't give a toss either :tongue:

lol. I love Eurovision, it's the one night of the year I guarantee to be spending in front of the box, though this year is my first one at uni so I am going to have to find a bar somewhere that will show it. I'm intrigued by our entry though, as whoever wrote Egbert Humpeldinck's song is also responsible for having written one of Lana Del Rey's most successful songs. However, personally, I will be voting Ireland again for the second year in a row as I am a MAJOR Jedward fan. 2010, was when I cast my first vote - France (Allez Ola Olé), though I have been a dedicated fan since I first watched it properly in 2002. My favourite of all time though has to be 2007's "Dancing Lusha Tumbai" - I cannot believe that came second! It deserved to win.
Reply 9556
Re earphones - the left one always seems to break. Sometimes they last 3 months, sometimes a year and a half. Luckily, HMV do a £20 pair with a year's insurance for £1 which I abuse to no end.
I only recently realised that my ears need small ear buds - much better :h: I often lose mine too.

Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
However, personally, I will be voting Ireland again for the second year in a row as I am a MAJOR Jedward fan.

I am a MAJOR Jedward fan.

Get out.
Original post by dbmag9
Off to see Conal's girlfriend talk about herself in London. Have a nice evening, gays. :h:

is he going? I'd be interested to see like what he acts like around she-who-must-not-be-named
Original post by thurin

Get out.

Lol each to their own haha. They make me laugh, hence why I'm a mega fan. Not saying that their music is good, haha :tongue:
lol. I love Eurovision, it's the one night of the year I guarantee to be spending in front of the box, though this year is my first one at uni so I am going to have to find a bar somewhere that will show it. I'm intrigued by our entry though, as whoever wrote Egbert Humpeldinck's song is also responsible for having written one of Lana Del Rey's most successful songs. However, personally, I will be voting Ireland again for the second year in a row as I am a MAJOR Jedward fan. 2010, was when I cast my first vote - France (Allez Ola Olé), though I have been a dedicated fan since I first watched it properly in 2002. My favourite of all time though has to be 2007's "Dancing Lusha Tumbai" - I cannot believe that came second! It deserved to win.

I would neg rep you for that, but that's just low :mad2:

Latest