King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by AceS4
:smile: is it your firm choice?

Yes :biggrin:
Hopefully I'll get the grades...is it your firm?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by erklam
Any questions? Happy to answer as a current student:smile:

Could u give me any advice about the accomodation at king's?? which one would be better considering that I would prefer a place where is quite easy to get to know people and it does not cost too much compared with other places offered by the university of london...thanks
does anyone know how intercollegiate halls are??
Reply 303
Original post by exe
Yes :biggrin:
Hopefully I'll get the grades...is it your firm?

yes. i think so...
Original post by hopegyable
does anyone know how intercollegiate halls are??

I did visit Connaught Hall the day before yesterday, and it was awesome : a lot of common rooms, a very nice bar and a lovely courtyard. In fact, I expected something good and it was genuinely amazing. College Hall is more posh (and expensive) but it's also more like a hotel, and less social from what I've seen. Both are at a very short walking distance of each other though.

Plus, the man who runs those two is the nicest : everybody seemed to like him very much, and he made himself available instantly to show my father and I around at the very moment we arrived, without having scheduled anything...

Connaught is definitely my first choice.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 305
Have any of you seen or heard that KCL halls or the intercollegiate halls have bugs issues?
Reply 306
Original post by AceS4
Have any of you seen or heard that KCL halls or the intercollegiate halls have bugs issues?

bugs issues?! :eek:

I haven't heard anything about that...
hi

do they take which campus your studying in into consideration when assigning your accomodation?
KCL is my firm for international politics. Anyone going to the open day on the 11th of April?
Reply 309
did any of you found any pics of the rooms in the halls? I can only find one or two... I want to see more...I can't decide. I was thinking about living in the private sector but I am not sure it's worth it... I would prefer to live in KCL accom.
How low are the chances of actually getting accommodation if you live within the M25? It'll take me 1 hour and 30 minutes just to get to the university. :frown:
Original post by Stéphane
I did visit Connaught Hall the day before yesterday, and it was awesome : a lot of common rooms, a very nice bar and a lovely courtyard. In fact, I expected something good and it was genuinely amazing. College Hall is more posh (and expensive) but it's also more like a hotel, and less social from what I've seen. Both are at a very short walking distance of each other though.

Plus, the man who runs those two is the nicest : everybody seemed to like him very much, and he made himself available instantly to show my father and I around at the very moment we arrived, without having scheduled anything...

Connaught is definitely my first choice.

Hope that helps. :smile:

yeah it helps..thanks...which course have u had an offer for??
Reply 312
Original post by janedoe12345
KCL is my firm for international politics. Anyone going to the open day on the 11th of April?

yes :biggrin: I've made it my firm too, can't wait
Original post by hopegyable
yeah it helps..thanks...which course have u had an offer for??

I got an unconditional for philosophy. :smile: Yourself?
Original post by Stéphane
I got an unconditional for philosophy. :smile: Yourself?

great..I got a conditional offer for War Studies and Philosophy...
I firmed King's College for Biomedical.
UCAS stated that the entry date is on 1st of September..
I'm an international student. So does this mean that I have to be there by 1 September?
But the registration date stated in the Kings website is 17Sept..
I think I'm firming for Law :biggrin:

Anyone know if you're allowed to decorate your rooms or anything? Or even what the rooms look like? For any hall? I can't find pictures anywhere D:
Original post by TheLittleOne16
I think I'm firming for Law :biggrin:

Anyone know if you're allowed to decorate your rooms or anything? Or even what the rooms look like? For any hall? I can't find pictures anywhere D:

You can look at the virtual tour page at the website. :biggrin:
Reply 318
do any of you some private accom. next to a tube station?

Quick Reply

Latest