The Student Room Group

As Level ICT exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
What did everyone get in their OCR Coursework in total?

I got 56 which is an A :smile:
Original post by Twarby

Well done :biggrin: I don't know exactly but I know its an A I think my teacher hinted it was ~71 :colondollar: too bad I bombed the exam XD How was it for you?
Original post by James3110
I was totally expecting it!! + the first one was an explain question not a discuss question so you didn't need to do advantages, disadvantages etc .. I made that mistake last time so I made sure I didn't do it again! :tongue:

oh crap !! lol
Reply 83
Original post by Turtletron
Oooh I've got news that will make you feel better.

Normally there are 8000 people doing the exam nationally. Today there were 12000 a (50% increase). This is due to a huge number of schools entering years 10 and 11 into the exam. Most of this lot will fail big-style and the grade boundaries and UMS will plummet. :wink:

Thank GOD! I love you! I hated tailoring spreadsheets, the ERD question and that stupid one on the graphics library.
Reply 84
Original post by Twarby

We weren't allowed to know because OCR states that they aren't allowed to tell us apparently :confused:. I hated task 4 though lol.
Original post by atti.08
I got told my mark. :biggrin: task 4 was easy but it needed a lot of annotation. It was very time consuming! What did people write for the advantages of a graphic library? :/

Igot told :P! And one off cost, you can view them as thumbnails and compare which one you want :s on past paper markschemes this is an answer but they change them so i dont know if it will count :frown:
Reply 86
Original post by atti.08
It probably will count! So I wrote things that were completely wrong, that they are available at any time haha. Oh god this looks bad :') The spreadsheet question about what things can be tailored on a spreadsheet, what did you write for that? It threw me off a bit

I wrote that you can conditional format the cells and you can tailor whole worksheets .. wow that was a fail of a question! :tongue:
Reply 87
when someone finds out the mark schemes for these exams someone PM me! :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Twarby

I got 56 too! :tongue:
Nice to know that i got an A, my teacher only told me what mark i got :mad:
Reply 89
Original post by atti.08
Oh wow. I wrote cells and worksheets too! We can fail together loollll. Why did I take ict fml ;D

Loool if it was correct then we can pass together(maybe) :P I should have just picked another gcse -_-
Original post by atti.08
Oh wow. I wrote cells and worksheets too! We can fail together loollll. Why did I take ict fml ;D

the conditional formatting is right :biggrin: i wrote about buttons and drop downs :P
Reply 91
Original post by atti.08
Hahaha. I have to carry this on for a2!
I had no idea on that relationship diagram I drew a couple of boxes with lines :s-smilie: silly me!

Oh my lord the a2 cw is killer it will be around 200 pages :\ I started a bit cos my gay teacher made us! Hehe close enough to an ER diagram :wink: For the first 11 mark question i was writing about like stalking and cyber bullying etc .. and for the second one i was writing about using biometrics instead of oyster cards and using automated buses/trains :L
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by sahajkaur
Igot told :P! And one off cost, you can view them as thumbnails and compare which one you want :s on past paper markschemes this is an answer but they change them so i dont know if it will count :frown:

Tut tut, all your schools breaking the rules.
Reply 93
Original post by James3110
Oh my lord the a2 cw is killer it will be around 200 pages :\ I started a bit cos my gay teacher made us! Hehe close enough to an ER diagram :wink: For the first 11 mark question i was writing about like stalking and cyber bullying etc .. and for the second one i was writing about using biometrics instead of oyster cards and using automated buses/trains :L

I didn't actually use the word biometrics...but I said thumb-print recognition instead of oysters (is that OK?)
Reply 94
Original post by al0
I didn't actually use the word biometrics...but I said thumb-print recognition instead of oysters (is that OK?)

Should be fine :biggrin: at least it's more specific than just biometrics!
Reply 95
Original post by atti.08
I wrote about stalking and I got stuck. Okay maybe you'll pass and I'll fail ;D I hate coursework sometimes, we finished ict until September yay :biggrin: Haha my ER diagram was totally right :wink: I wrote about retina scanners :s-smilie: haha. I only needed like 15 marks to make it to next year adding to my coursework. I can do that right :biggrin:

Course you can! :biggrin: I've finished ICT for life hahaha :biggrin: I didn't focus much on the 11 mark questions I was making sure I did all the little ones correct and then at the end did that last 2, still had time somehow! I got a B in January but my teacher predicted me an A so he told me to retake :tongue:
AQA ICT doing INFO2 this Summer. Sat INFO 1 in January.
Original post by JOftw
I'm AQA as well. Doing info 1 friday and Info 2 tuesday.:smile:

Original post by Gemma_<3
Me too, but both for the second time, how stupid do I sound? :s-smilie: Just totally freaked them, when I'm revising I can answer almost all pasted papers questions, but my mind just goes blank when I'm in the exam, and sometimes the wording they use throws me. :frown:

Praying for a good grade this time though, as I worked my little butt off.

Hey guys! I am doing INFO2 on Tuesday! How did INFO1 go for you lot. I did that back in January!
Original post by Lfctv
Mmmm doing computing which would rape urr itsy bitty course

I do ICT.

And from my friend who does both Computing and ICT I can tell you they are both considered to be 'soft' subjects. So shut up mate!

Scrape out!
Original post by sahajkaur
Exactly! Even if you learn it the markschemes are so stupid! These people claiming to get 100% really put me off :frown: I need that A!!!

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who found it tough:frown: What did you write for the ERD by the way? WTF was that :frown: And I wrote buttoms and combo box for spreadsheet? I made up **** for the plotter omggggg xD

There is no need to hate on people who got 100%. I do ICT and am doing the 2nd unit exam this Tuesday, but I dud unit 1 in January and got 100% and I thought I did really well in it and was definitely thinking I got nearly everything right and thought there was no reason why I couldn't get 100%, which I ended up doing. Everyine has different aims. And I too am in Year 11 (we did the GCSE in year 9) so it isn't like I''m some cocky year 12 or nuthing!

Quick Reply

Latest