The Student Room Group

AQA AS biology

I am really unsure about whether to take biology for A level. I would love to take it but am worried about disections as I don't like doing them. Are there any involved??
Reply 1
Original post by Pinklippies
I am really unsure about whether to take biology for A level. I would love to take it but am worried about disections as I don't like doing them. Are there any involved??

You don't have to do dissection in A level Biology. Even if the teacher decides to show you dissection I'm sure you can just refuse to take part.
Reply 2
Original post by myyrh
You don't have to do dissection in A level Biology. Even if the teacher decides to show you dissection I'm sure you can just refuse to take part.

Are you sure?? Did you do AQA Alevel biology?? It's just we had to do some for GCSE biology and it put me off a bit
Reply 3
I did AQA biology, and I refused dissections, teacher was absolutely fine with it.
We dissected a locust and a fish.
Reply 4
Original post by EmmaJane_
I did AQA biology, and I refused dissections, teacher was absolutely fine with it.
We dissected a locust and a fish.

We had to do a fish for GCSE it was horrible!!! What is a locust??
Reply 5
We had to do a fish for GCSE it was horrible!!! What is a locust??

A type of grasshopper, they tend to keep moving after they're chopped up, which is kinda gross.
_45422785_locust.jpg
Reply 6
Are you sure?? Did you do AQA Alevel biology?? It's just we had to do some for GCSE biology and it put me off a bit

Yes I did AQA A level Biology. The closest we came to dissection was when the teacher was demonstrating how the bronchioles and the trachea work within sheep lungs. We didn't have to go anywhere near it seriously don't worry :tongue:

Quick Reply