The Student Room Group

Are we due another war?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Clare~Bear
:facepalm: High birth rates in the third world are more of a problem than us over-eating.

We'd be better off educating people in LEDCs and giving them contraception.

I doubt there'll be a war. The price of food will skyrocket, leaving the poor to starve and the rich being able to eat.

There would be a rationing of food; there wouldn't be no food.
Original post by blueray
Yeah an alternate past that involves robots and FUTURE TECHNOLOGY :rolleyes:

An alternate past that resulted in an alternate PRESENT

http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Britannian_Empire#Early_Modern_Era

"During the reign of Elizabeth I (which would presumably be dated as 1612-1657 a.t.b rather than 1558-1603 AD), the queen remained unmarried, but bore a son, the father of whom is never publicly identified [...] Elizabeth I's son ascended to the throne as Henry IX upon the death of his mother in 1657 (our 1603). His ascension was said to mark the beginning of "the Golden Age of the Tudor dynasty.""

"Britannia's history drastically diverges from our timeline during the "Age of Revolutions," starting with the failure of the American Revolutionary War in the 1830s (our 1770s), which is known as "Washington's Rebellion" in the history of Code Geass. The revolution failed because Benjamin Franklin was bribed off by the Duke of Britannia with the title of earl. George Washington and the Continental Army suffered a crippling defeat at the battle of Yorktown, at which point control of the North American colonies by Britannia was assured."

"It was Napoleon who orchestrated the greatest formative event which resulted in the creation of the Holy Britannian Empire. A decisive victory at the Battle of Trafalgar allowed Napoleon to invade the British Isles and occupy London.

However, Sir Ricardo von Britannia, Duke of Britannia, and his friend and subordinate Sir Richard Hector, Knight of One, led a retreat with Elizabeth III and the remaining loyalists in the British Isles to the North American colonies, establishing a capital on the east coast. Though Napoleon successfully conquered the British Isles, his rule over Europe ran into popular discontent and culminated in his defeat at the Battle of Waterloo in 1875 (our 1821, which occurred in 1815 in our timeline). Napoleon died on his way back to France; it is rumoured that he was poisoned by agents who were acting in accordance with Elizabeth III's will. With the departure of Napoleon and his imperial ambitions from history, a new Europe-spanning empire with democratic ideals arose, and would later become the modern Euro Universe. Over time, the EU would grow to encompass all of Europe, including the whole of Russia, and Africa, and would for centuries be the bitter enemy of Elizabeth III's followers in North America."

Sorry for deviating from the topic.
(edited 11 years ago)
The whole worlds population could fit into LA. It's a true fact and guys do a bit of geography please.
Original post by Stardust Mirage
The whole worlds population could fit into LA. It's a true fact and guys do a bit of geography please.

That doesn't even make sense. Everyone would have like 1 square metre. If you would consider the living space, space to produce the food each persons consumes etc. you will find out that there is much more space needed.

The population density would be 2,247,115 people per km2

The world's current most densely populated city is Manila with 43,000 people per km2

I think it is you who needs the Geography lesson.
Original post by jaklargerne
That doesn't even make sense. Everyone would have like 1 square metre. If you would consider the living space, space to produce the food each persons consumes etc. you will find out that there is much more space needed.

It actually would be 2.24 people per m2

:rofl:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 46

LOL
Stop all these tramps on jeremy kyle reproducing. Thatll cut about 50% of the population
Reply 48
Original post by MeGusta
I don't mean a nuclear war. Maybe just killing a few million, I don't want to sound inhumane, but I don't see any other option. The birth control programme worked to some extent in China but wasn't really a success. If we all ate the daily intake of an average African then the worlds resources would be more evenly balanced across countries, but I don't see that happening with the McDonald's generation.

it said that 5oo million/billion re going to be killed ( which re going to be said unexpected, however its a secret government plan).
Reply 49
I certainly hope not. It's soul destroying to admit that we still need to kill people to achieve national objectives.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
China and India are the problem, take them out of the equation and the world is cut of almost 3 billion people.

I'm not saying we should nuke them or attack them btw.

China is trying to do something about it, by restricting how many children a couple can have. It wasn't fool proof, and there are many fostered girls because of it, but it's an interesting concept.

Hell, they're trying to get people to live on Mars in just a couple of decades. You can volunteer to go on the mission - The only 'problem' is that when you're up there, you're staying there. They plan to terraform.

I honestly think that the biggest problem is not population (though I think it is a bit crowded at the moment) but territory. Some countries are just packed in, and others are very sparse. If there could be some sort of agreement where anyone could move anywhere (and cancel the Africa debt, and start building up there) then there would be a lot more space for people to go. However, war is usually the response for that, so it's not going to be easily solved. There are countries I disagree with, and recent wars have shown this. I hope Mars is not a country - I hope Mars is an international territory of people.
Reply 51
space colonisation
Reply 52
Original post by AverageExcellence
Stop all these tramps on jeremy kyle reproducing. Thatll cut about 50% of the population

A better alternative would be comprehensive sex education and easy access to contraceptives for all.
Original post by hmon93
A better alternative would be comprehensive sex education and easy access to contraceptives for all.

Well considering most of them truant and piss around in school and dont like to use contraceptives because it doesn't 'feel good' or decide on the basis of warped logic to have a baby. Your suggestion wouldnt have any effect on them.
Reply 54
We're due another War anyway. When Israel attacks Iran america will be dragged into it as well.
Original post by Monzystar
it said that 5oo million/billion re going to be killed ( which re going to be said unexpected, however its a secret government plan).

Would you like to borrow a chromosome?
Reply 56
Original post by abdiz12
We're due another War anyway. When Israel attacks Iran america will be dragged into it as well.

True true. Another crusade on the holy land is imminent!
Reply 57
Original post by michaelhaych
Would you like to borrow a chromosome?

I was just as confused as you were.
Its not about killing people off, its about making our systems more efficient. People say that we will run out of water, well isnt it something like 25% of all water leaks away out of the pipes underground because the infrastructure is so old? And massive countries like India are booming quick, but technology isn't keeping up, there was an article about it somewhere on the BBC on monday, that they waste up to a third of their grain. But it happens here too, a lot of our grain gets eaten by mice/rats.
there's wars going on all the time, what do you think has been going on in Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending