The Student Room Group

Are we due another war?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
It'll be all right for us, it's the Africans who will die of famine. No need to kill anyone ourselves, Gaia always wins in the end.
mass eradication of the human population IS taking place. all those less able to survive the changing conditions of the world will die.
governments kill their own people over a long period of time, its just that the time frame is long so its not noticable
Reply 62
Original post by AverageExcellence
Well considering most of them truant and piss around in school and dont like to use contraceptives because it doesn't 'feel good' or decide on the basis of warped logic to have a baby. Your suggestion wouldnt have any effect on them.

Condoms aren't the only form of contraception, plus not all people who have unwanted children are delinquents and many of them would not have children if the pill or whatever was readily available to them. It wouldn't prevent them all from having children but it could significantly decrease the number of children born, particularly if done on a global scale.
Reply 63
No .
Original post by hmon93
Condoms aren't the only form of contraception, plus not all people who have unwanted children are delinquents and many of them would not have children if the pill or whatever was readily available to them. It wouldn't prevent them all from having children but it could significantly decrease the number of children born, particularly if done on a global scale.

Cheers for enlightening me that condoms arent the only form of contraception. All forms of contraception are available at health clinics in nearly all towns free of charge. They just can't be bothered to go and get them or frankly dont care. If they were socially or morally responsible they wouldnt be on the jeremy kyle show.

And people have big families in the developing world to assist them with labour and manual efforts, Not because they just have sex for enjoyment. I appreciate what you saying but its not really a solution
Reply 65
Cheers for enlightening me that condoms arent the only form of contraception. All forms of contraception are available at health clinics in nearly all towns free of charge. They just can't be bothered to go and get them or frankly dont care. If they were socially or morally responsible they wouldnt be on the jeremy kyle show.

And people have big families in the developing world to assist them with labour and manual efforts, Not because they just have sex for enjoyment. I appreciate what you saying but its not really a solution

And sterilising all people who go on the Jeremy Kyle show is?
Original post by MeGusta
I don't mean a nuclear war. Maybe just killing a few million, I don't want to sound inhumane, but I don't see any other option. The birth control programme worked to some extent in China but wasn't really a success. If we all ate the daily intake of an average African then the worlds resources would be more evenly balanced across countries, but I don't see that happening with the McDonald's generation.

You talk about 9 billion by 2050, but you only want to eradicate a few million lol
Original post by MeGusta
I don't mean a nuclear war. Maybe just killing a few million, I don't want to sound inhumane, but I don't see any other option. The birth control programme worked to some extent in China but wasn't really a success. If we all ate the daily intake of an average African then the worlds resources would be more evenly balanced across countries, but I don't see that happening with the McDonald's generation.

der's more than enough for every1, the problem is that the resources are not evenly shared out, we already waste a lot of what we produce so eating less of it would just mean we throw more away,
Original post by zedeneye1
but then again, take out the entire western hemisphere, and you have 2-3 billion less people too...

Well in that case you're talking about 4 continents, China and India are only countries.
Original post by MeGusta
Very controversial, I know, but can the world really support any more people? It's predicted that in 2050 the world will have to sustain 9 billion people. Can the planet really cope with all this strain on its natural resources?
How do you think we can cope? War? Educate the Western world to stop eating excessively?
Discuss.

Are you a moron?

"Yeah, let's have a war! Why not? Let's invest all our resources in a concerted effort to kill people - in order to save resources".... Not to mention the inevitable "baby boom" that would follow the war and negate any dramatic changes in population.

While we're at it why don't we start radioactively poisoning water supplies, so that more people develop cancer and die...

Idiot...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hmon93
And sterilising all people who go on the Jeremy Kyle show is?

I never said sterillising, your committing a straw man fallacy there
Hang on; so are you suggesting that because our world is becoming over-populated, one should start a war just to keep numbers down?! I don't think it works like that.... O.o
Reply 72
Original post by MeGusta
Very controversial, I know, but can the world really support any more people? It's predicted that in 2050 the world will have to sustain 9 billion people. Can the planet really cope with all this strain on its natural resources?
How do you think we can cope? War? Educate the Western world to stop eating excessively?
Discuss.

To be honest,w ith all this negative media focused on islam as a whole, it looks like we're heading for one! (probably for the oil in arab countries) .

p.s Its the reality!
Reply 73
Original post by Crystalclearmagic
Hang on; so are you suggesting that because our world is becoming over-populated, one should start a war just to keep numbers down?! I don't think it works like that.... O.o

And what do you suggest then?
Reply 74
Original post by notsure
To be honest,w ith all this negative media focused on islam as a whole, it looks like we're heading for one! (probably for the oil in arab countries) .

p.s Its the reality!

That's very true, I imagine a scenario much like the Suez Crisis of 1956.
Reply 75
I never said sterillising, your committing a straw man fallacy there

How else do you plan to prevent them from having kids?
Reply 76
Original post by SillyEddy

honestly think that the biggest problem is not population (though I think it is a bit crowded at the moment) but territory. Some countries are just packed in, and others are very sparse. If there could be some sort of agreement where anyone could move anywhere (and cancel the Africa debt, and start building up there) then there would be a lot more space for people to go. However, war is usually the response for that, so it's not going to be easily solved. There are countries I disagree with, and recent wars have shown this. I hope Mars is not a country - I hope Mars is an international territory of people.

Oh, so like the EU but worse? All that will happen is that everyone will move to Europe & America which will make things 100x worse because the government & recourses will be crippled due to infrastructure & welfare, which it is now but 100x worse. The same thing happened with the EU, people from eastern europe came to the UK due to it being a welfare state, who by Africa etc standards would be well off. Now imagine that with people who only have a bowl of rice a day. And we all know that the UK is tiny, London can't even cope with it's population.
Reply 77
Original post by Newbie123
Are you a moron?

"Yeah, let's have a war! Why not? Let's invest all our resources in a concerted effort to kill people - in order to save resources".... Not to mention the inevitable "baby boom" that would follow the war and negate any dramatic changes in population.

While we're at it why don't we start radioactively poisoning water supplies, so that more people develop cancer and die...

Idiot...

Radioactively poisoning water supplies...not a bad idea :colonhash:
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Well in that case you're talking about 4 continents, China and India are only countries.

yes. but it makes sense cuz much of these countries have had good life due to excess of resources....would be nice if the poor countries finally get a chance to live the good life...
:biggrin:

even more clever idea would be to rotate populations...put poorest people in richest countries and richest people in poorest countries every 25 years..and see the results.:biggrin:
Orchestrate massacres and blame it on Dr. Manhattan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending