The Student Room Group

Advice Regarding Access Courses

Scroll to see replies

Lol do u really want me to talk academic here ?
Original post by Hameedy96
I studied access to higher education. Business diploma . My grades were all disctintions and 15 merits . I had offer from 4 out of 5 chosen universities which i picked brmingham university for Law (LLB) however i did enjoy the course so i dropped out in first year even though passed 3 out of 4 madules i did not attent the last exam for the 4th madule i could have passed that too . but i did not want to continue. now i went back to college to study access to HE diploma to science . So i could do quantum physics in university . The person who took my interview for the access to science told me i might not be able to study access course twice as i passed acces to he business already . Can anyone tell me if i could study access course again or not

In Scotland you can only do an access course once. You also have to be out of education for I think it's minimum 4 years.
Original post by Hameedy96
I studied access to higher education. Business diploma . My grades were all disctintions and 15 merits . I had offer from 4 out of 5 chosen universities which i picked brmingham university for Law (LLB) however i did enjoy the course so i dropped out in first year even though passed 3 out of 4 madules i did not attent the last exam for the 4th madule i could have passed that too . but i did not want to continue. now i went back to college to study access to HE diploma to science . So i could do quantum physics in university . The person who took my interview for the access to science told me i might not be able to study access course twice as i passed acces to he business already . Can anyone tell me if i could study access course again or not

There's no general rule which says you can only do one Access course. However an individual college might not want to take students for a second one, as they could be a risk for non-completion. I suspect in your case it depends on how well your interview went.
Perfect reply. I'm doing access to business management and events. It's tough. But I've got two merits thus far and I'm really enjoying it Xx
hi i am currently on pre access to health and social care and retaking my maths and would like to progress to level 3 access to health and social care nursing pathway at college next year and was wondering what do you need to get a distinction/high merit and does the tests in each subject make up the grade overall? the subjects i will study is biology , pyschology and sociology and is there any exam tips and how to reference in harvard style?please help
Original post by Unicorn13
In Scotland you can only do an access course once. You also have to be out of education for I think it's minimum 4 years.

I know this is an older post, but you can do more than one Access depending on your circumstances. I have already done Access to nursing in 2009 & the 1st year of adult nursing, but i had an informal interview today and will be doing the same course again as it has change slightly. That is in Scotland. Also its 3 years, but if your on a prep course you can go from that.
Reply 206
Hiya I have already got a edi functional skills level 2 in maths and English will uni take that and also will I have to redo them at any point
Reply 207
Was wanting todo my access to nursing or midwifery can I apply with functional skills
I have just finished Access HE Health- Human Biology, Psychology, and Sociology. The course is equivalent to 3 A levels, the course is Hard and in a pandemic even harder, the stress is ongoing I've seen students cry. I also did the pre-access the year before so I new what to expect and it was still an eyeopener. I also had to study maths along side which I passed the second time. I had 2 brilliant university tutors, they set standards high, reliable sources to be used only and cite your work and reference drummed into your brain, use your glossary of words in Biology drummed in your brain. Yes its intense Even though I didn't need the Access to do social work I did need maths so I decided to do the course anyway its another certificate. I only got 4 Distinctions and all the rest I got Merits, we were supposed to have 24 assignments but due to pandemic we only did 19 and it was slow going up until march then they started throwing graded assignments out like snowballs (the first 4 are ungraded) I loved the lab work if anyone is going to do Biology its great, even though we didn't get to do all we were supposed to what we did do was still ok. Hope all enjoy, the stress is worth it!!!
Hi! Thank you for all the information it is so helpful! I just wanted to ask what you meant by the alternative to access course is level 2/3 BTEC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending