The Student Room Group

History of Art 2012

Scroll to see replies

banned
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by thestudentraum
what subjects do you guys do+predictions? i do german, philosophy and english, predicted aab

I do Fine Art, History and English Lit and I'm predicted AAB.

Another offer from Birmingham - ABB. They've said I can get the A in any of my subjects as well which is good, I've heard that other places specify what you need to get the A in when they give you your offer.
Reply 22
I'm only applying for History of Art at 2 unis but can't decide which ones out of Edinburgh, Glasgow and St. Andrews... Any opinions???
banned
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by laurenisobel
wooo! got an offer from Sussex - A*BB or AAB...definitely considering this uni! and yes i'll let you know if i'm given an interview. wishing you the best of luck!:smile:

Got an interview letter today from Leeds. Tuesday 13th December. EEEK! :s-smilie:
Hey I've been looking for a HoA thread for ages haha

I have ABB predictions and I'm applying to Edinburgh (I should be so lucky) Leeds, Nottingham, Kent, and Reading

I'm hoping to get into Leeds, but it says if you are selected for an interview you have to bring a portfolio, so seeing as its a history of art degree, does anyone know what sort of things they'd be looking for in your portfolio?

and yeah I sent my UCAS off on the 4th of November and they all replied saying they have my application so I'm absolutely bricking it right now haa
Reply 26
anyone heard back from ucl or courtaulds?
Reply 27
Original post by lauraroses

anyone heard back from ucl or courtaulds?

yes i heard from ucl yesterday! (it was a rejection, i wasn't expecting an offer from there though, my heart is set on st.andrews)
Reply 28
Original post by heleneivy
yes i heard from ucl yesterday! (it was a rejection, i wasn't expecting an offer from there though, my heart is set on st.andrews)

:frown: oh right! well if you werent too bothered about going there then thats okay :smile:
what are your predicted grades if you dont mind me asking? they're my favourite place so i'm super nervous about hearing from them :|
banned
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fizzwizz
Got an interview letter today from Leeds. Tuesday 13th December. EEEK! :s-smilie:

SAME! What time????! Omg this is a revelation!!!!!
Reply 31
:frown: oh right! well if you werent too bothered about going there then thats okay :smile:
what are your predicted grades if you dont mind me asking? they're my favourite place so i'm super nervous about hearing from them :|

i don't actually know what my predicted grades are... (guidance counsellor doesn't like to show us) and i'm doing the irish leaving cert so its a bit different but i definitely have AABBBB maybe AAABBB. ucl wanted AAAAB so i really don't know what i was expecting! best of luck though! i hope you get it :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by heleneivy
i don't actually know what my predicted grades are... (guidance counsellor doesn't like to show us) and i'm doing the irish leaving cert so its a bit different but i definitely have AABBBB maybe AAABBB. ucl wanted AAAAB so i really don't know what i was expecting! best of luck though! i hope you get it :smile:

ahhh thankyou! good luck with your other unis :biggrin:
Reply 33
Original post by laurenisobel
SAME! What time????! Omg this is a revelation!!!!!

Yeyyy! 11am :biggrin:
Reply 34
Hello, I'm applying for History of Art too!

I've applied to:
Oxford - Got an interview eeekk!
Courtauld
UCL
Nottingham - Offer (ABB/AAC)
and Birmingham - Offer (ABB)

I've not heard anything from the Courtauld - not even an email saying that they have my application!! - has anyone had any contact with them?
Original post by Eviexx
Hello, I'm applying for History of Art too!

I've applied to:
Oxford - Got an interview eeekk!
Courtauld
UCL
Nottingham - Offer (ABB/AAC)
and Birmingham - Offer (ABB)

I've not heard anything from the Courtauld - not even an email saying that they have my application!! - has anyone had any contact with them?

Ooo! Which college for oxford? Waiting on Oxford, UCL and Courtauld also!
banned
(edited 12 years ago)
applied to ucl, courtauld, goldsmiths, leeds and birmingham 2 weeks ago. still not heard anything! how long does it take till the courtauld send their questionnaire?!
Reply 38
Original post by georgiamargherita7
applied to ucl, courtauld, goldsmiths, leeds and birmingham 2 weeks ago. still not heard anything! how long does it take till the courtauld send their questionnaire?!

Last year they sent the questionnaires out on the 3rd of December :smile: Good Luck!
Reply 39
i was looking on the 2011 HoA thread and a lot of people were saying they didnt even get their questionnaires till early december, so im guessing we'll get ours around there too..

as for ucl, i just wish they would hurry up! getting so impatient now :L im honestly not expecting to hear anything before christmas now they are just taking so long!

Quick Reply

Latest