The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bimingham to Bath for Pharmacy Interview?

Hii :smile:

I've got an interview on the 23rd at Bath for Pharmacy
I'm travelling from Birmingham and I have to make it for 10.15
My coach is at 6.20am and my train closely follows
My question is once I reach Bath Spa Rail Station how do I get to the Uni itself?

Bus number? How frequent is it?
My train arrives at Bath Spa Station at approx 9.50 giving me about 25mins

Thank u for any help :smile:
Reply 1
Hi there.

Once you exit the station, you'll be in Dorchester Street. Cross the road and walk left until you are opposite the bus station. Takes only a minute or so. Bus numbers 8, 18 or U18 will take you to the university. Arrives roughly every ten minutes.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Is there no way you can get an earlier train? You might be a bit pushed getting up to the university and finding the place youre supposed to go to (the pharmacy building is on the opposite side of campus from the bus stop), especially at that time as the buses will still be fairly busy. I would say if you cant get in any earlier then make sure you know exactly where you are going and how to get there.
This is short notice as only just seen your post but you are not leaving any time for any delays in transport time from either your home, train, taxi/bus up to the Uni. Traffic in Bath can be horrendous during peak times and the trip up to the Uni can take anything from 10 mins to 25 on really busy days.

Options: call the number given on your interview letter and ask if there is any option for a later appointment.

If not I suggest option 2 which is to see if you can stay in Uni accommodation overnight (seem to recall cost is £60) and go down the day before.
or take a cab? 9 pounds max.
Original post by Angelus
Hi there.

Once you exit the station, you'll be in Dorchester Street. Cross the road and walk left until you are opposite the bus station. Takes only a minute or so. Bus numbers 8, 18 or U18 will take you to the university. Arrives roughly every ten minutes.

Original post by kvs_123
Is there no way you can get an earlier train? You might be a bit pushed getting up to the university and finding the place youre supposed to go to (the pharmacy building is on the opposite side of campus from the bus stop), especially at that time as the buses will still be fairly busy. I would say if you cant get in any earlier then make sure you know exactly where you are going and how to get there.

No there are no earlier coaches that would allow me to choose an earlier train :frown:
At first it was 7.00am with National express but then I found 6.20am with MegaBus. The train Ive chosen is the best time upon arriving at the station. Considering travel and all. Thank u for help and suggestions :smile:

Original post by Someone's mum
This is short notice as only just seen your post but you are not leaving any time for any delays in transport time from either your home, train, taxi/bus up to the Uni. Traffic in Bath can be horrendous during peak times and the trip up to the Uni can take anything from 10 mins to 25 on really busy days.

Options: call the number given on your interview letter and ask if there is any option for a later appointment.

If not I suggest option 2 which is to see if you can stay in Uni accommodation overnight (seem to recall cost is £60) and go down the day before.

Ive tried to spread out the times as much as possible...but thats as far as it goes to allow to arrive at 10.15 or even 10.30.
If only Id seen ur post earlier then your suggestions would have amde a real difference :smile: Its too late now...its tomorrow. Will just have to hope everything goes to plan.
Thanks alot for ur help though :smile:
Original post by bb_cindy_tong
or take a cab? 9 pounds max.

Thanks for the info... do you have a reliable taxi number that you can suggest? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Princess Kawaii
Thanks for the info... do you have a reliable taxi number that you can suggest? :smile:

I'll pm you it

Quick Reply

Latest