The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Strawberry-blonde hair does indeed exist naturally. I can proudly say I'm lucky enough to have it, although I was born blonde-- I turned 'strawberry' around age six or seven. Strawberry-blonde hair is considered part of the red hair group, but it's the lightest color of red hair. It's mostly a blondish-type color with red tints, most prominently at the base. Helpful tip: If you aren't quite sure if someon'e strawberry-blonde, dump a bucket of water on their head! Their hair will turn dark red if it is c:
Strawberry blonde is just blonde hair with red tones.
i had strawberry blonde hair as a kid, it really suits people with a lighter skin tone. But as i've got older, its gone like a dirty blonde/mousey brown. It's sad cause i really liked having strawberry blonde hair
No, gingers just dont like being called ginger so they say strawberry blonde instead. Like how my geography teacher said his car wasn't grey it's silver, lol.
Kevin de Bruyne has SB hair I think it's ginger people who's hair has lightened over time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was carrot ginger when younger and this altered as I have aged. Now that the sliver threads of hair are appearing the hue of my hair is now considered to be strawberry blonde. It's not dyed and 100% natural
I have strawberry blonde hair. it definitely exists. Although mine is more blonde than strawberry. Usually strawberry blondes have reddish hair with blonde undertones, but I have blonde hair with kind of a rosey undertone. Like rose gold almost. It really depends on the light, and pictures don't often show it, but when you see it in person it shows. When i was a kid i actually had like bleach blonde hair and instead of turning darker it just started to turn strawberry blonde-ish. This is probably the best photo I could find. I couldnt figure out how to post a picture to tue actual page so here is a link. https://goo.gl/photos/F8kjCfo98RFrjd8A9
Yes it does. I have strawberry blonde hair. When I was 2 or 3 I had deep red hair. I was so red that it looked like someone dipped it in blood. Now it's more blonde but the roots are still red. Also if I dip my hair in water it turns red-brown (with more red than brown) ^_^ I hope this helped answer your question.
It definitely does exist naturally. That's my papa's natural hair colour and the colour mine is atm while I'm waiting to go full on blonde on Monday :tongue: its a gorgeous colour but it is rare compared to natural full on blonde or full on ginger

Posted from TSR Mobile
My best friend is naturally strawberry blonde :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've known quite a few naturally strawberry blondes in my lifetime
I have naturally strawberry blonde hair and that image of the girl with 'blonde' hair is not correct; some are confusing honey/golden blondes with strawberry blondes and they are not the same. Neither is the bright orange toned one. The 'blonde' part confuses people; I have known many people describe their honey blonde children as strawberry and they were incorrect. It is not considered a blonde hair type but that of a red.I also have a brown shade of eyes (with plenty of lighter amber flecks), which is rarer still with this colour. Just goes to show that not all of us fit the exact description.

Naturally strawberry hair is the rarest colour on Earth, hence why many have trouble spotting it. It is not bright copper or mahogany but definitely a red not blonde shade; the lightest of the red shades.It's like mixing a subtle copper shade (light/medium) with blonde.

Think Amy Adams (she has dyed her hair much redder on occasion but naturally her hair is strawberry) and you will be on the right path; strawberries can be very light to medium shades, much like blondes, but never full on bright red/copper. They still get called ginger though, as I have had during my life (mostly teens); which is annoying since I can clearly see the difference clearly between my colour and a bright/red orange shade. I guess everyone thinks that a red shade always = ginger. I always thought carrot colours owned that title best. Other reds I never view as 'ginger' myself. Nearly all red shades can be lovely, on the right face 😉I love mahogany red shades the best; Julia Roberts always looked stunning with them.

As for strawberries (hair) not being red like the fruit: the fruit are not real berries either. Point? 🤔 Haha
Should we take everything literally? Are black or white people those exact colours?It is just a description which means a 'red' hair shade with blonde - find me a redhead with actual postbox red hair as well, if we are going to be precise with colour descriptions 🙄😉

Anyway, hope that helps?I have qualifications in hair and plenty of stylists have confirmed my natural colour throughout my life - so there are my credentials, if there's any doubt (lol).
Reply 112
Strawberry blonde is definitely the lightest shade on the redhead scale, yeah. I, myself, have naturally strawberry blonde hair. In my case, when I was really little, I had a sort of pinkish blonde going on but as I got older, it darkened to something a little more copper-y. Strawberry blonde hair is exactly what Mariacat said. Red with some blonde. Particularly, the highlights tend to inch towards the blonde scale. As my hair doesn't see the sun a whole lot (and therefore my natural highlights are scarce on camera), it looks much closer to red. Lighting in photos will mess with how you perceive a color and the amount of sun someone's hair sees often plays a big role in someone's natural hair color. Heck, I look exactly like my mother did at this age (currently in my 20s) and her hair doesn't even look like it was EVER red, now more of a brunette color (with some faded colors as well, whereas my redheaded aunt is still redheaded as can be and going blonde from age).

For visual reference:
http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrn01tpkzz1qf7yefo5_1280.jpg I'm not certain what age I was, but I'm going to make a guess and say I might have been 4-6
http://41.media.tumblr.com/dc4ffb86725d4dccb886965e0464b9b8/tumblr_nq7rhw8Fx81qf7yefo1_500.jpg age 10
http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6lvdtDHq61qf7yefo1_1280.jpg age 18 (at this point, I'd long since moved to a more rural area and therefore my hair had seen very little sun)
http://36.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbbwkxF2XZ1qf7yefo1_1280.jpg age 19 (don't mind the odd expression, I'm very weird about photos sometimes)
http://41.media.tumblr.com/d739b0446673c3e0f27d5879687002d8/tumblr_o4k514fVKm1qf7yefo1_1280.jpg age 23

Hope this also happens to be helpful
Reply 113
Prince Harry is the only person I've ever seen that has my exact coloration (blond eyebrows) but my beard is a little bit darker than his and my body hair is pure blond.

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Prince-Harry-940x545.jpg

When I was little my hair was very light red, it darkened in my twenties and now that I'm in my thirties it's moving back toward the lighter red, at least on top of my head.
Reply 114
I have natural strawberry blonde hair. Its like a gold/toffee colour with red hints, and looks really ginger in flash photography and in summer it goes really blonde.
I have strawberry blonde hair !
Reply 116
I have strawberry blonde hair , I've never dyed it . My hair colour seems more red or blonde in different lightings . But in school I'm referred as the golden one , as my hair colour is so golden .
I'm just here for reps. :biggrin:
I have strawberry blonde hair. It's blonde in the shade & in artificial lighting & red in the sun. There are people of all hair colour types that turn red, orange, yellow & even blue.
Original post by Rmwatson
I have strawberry blonde hair. It's blonde in the shade & in artificial lighting & red in the sun. There are people of all hair colour types that turn red, orange, yellow & even blue.

great now why and how have you bumped this?!
well anyway now since I'm here yes it's possible? lol one of my sisters has the shade
it's like two-toned 1/2 ginger, 1/2 blonde :yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending