The Student Room Group

St John Ambulance Society

The thread for all St John Ambulance members to discuss current St John Ambulance issues and to share experiences of volunteering for or working for St John Ambulance.

Click here to join the TSR society.

If you are interested in joining St John Ambulance as a volunteer then click here to see a list of the divisions in UK.

For current SJA members: what has been your most memorable duty so far?

Most Memorable Duties

KingGoonIan: Kempton Park Fireworks
Joanna-Marie :smile:: Downhill Karting Competion
macca24: Dubstep Event at SU*

www.sja.org.uk

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've been a member for 2 and a half years now. I am currently an AFA but with the training requirements for different first aid levels about to change next year, I could soon go down and be an FA.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi! I've been a member for nearly 7 years now (oh dear...) although I appear to be taking a temporary hiatus from it. Currently AFA with Med Gases, and not sure if I'm going to stick with the organisation.
Watch this space....
Reply 3
Original post by Witty Username
Hi! I've been a member for nearly 7 years now (oh dear...) although I appear to be taking a temporary hiatus from it. Currently AFA with Med Gases, and not sure if I'm going to stick with the organisation.
Watch this space....

Wow nice 7 years. St John Ambulance veteran then. Will you be getting the new uniform and what uniform do you currently wear?
Reply 4
Hey to anyone who's viewing this thread please vote for SJA to become the football league's official charity partner by clicking here.

No need to sign up just vote, thanks.
Reply 5
Hey I've been with St John's for 2 years :smile:

What is this new uniform? I hate the current uniform so much!
I've literally got my first induction this Sunday after monthsssss of applying/interviewing/waiting! and then every wednesday evening from then on :smile: excited to find out what stuff my division does! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by rebeccapeake
I've literally got my first induction this Sunday after monthsssss of applying/interviewing/waiting! and then every wednesday evening from then on :smile: excited to find out what stuff my division does! :smile:

Wow you had to do an interview I just turned up in this little hall in the middle of no where and my soon to be new friend and division leader was eating a subway on the stage as we got to know each other.

Apparently now you cannot even attend meetings without having a CRB check.
Reply 8
Does anyone know if any universities do SJA, i really want to continue it
Reply 9
Original post by Natalie21
Hey I've been with St John's for 2 years :smile:

What is this new uniform? I hate the current uniform so much!

Cool about same time as me then :smile:

If it's worked I've uploaded a picture of the new uniform.
Reply 10
Original post by redmonkey7

Yes there are quite a few LINKS divisions at Universities I have helped out at Surrey University LINKS division before so I know they have one. I also know Coventry has one because my cousin is a member.

If you follow the link in the OP then you might find more info :smile:
Original post by KingGoonIan
Cool about same time as me then :smile:

If it's worked I've uploaded a picture of the new uniform.

Ah nice - is that for cadets as well?
Reply 12
Original post by Natalie21
Ah nice - is that for cadets as well?

I don't really know my division doesn't have any cadets lol.

I'm still wearing my old uniform and I sent my waist etc size off ages ago.

If previous SJA standards are anything to go by we could be waiting another 10 years. In all seriousness though I expect we'll be getting the new uniform next year sometime. :wink:
I don't really know my division doesn't have any cadets lol.

I'm still wearing my old uniform and I sent my waist etc size off ages ago.

If previous SJA standards are anything to go by we could be waiting another 10 years. In all seriousness though I expect we'll be getting the new uniform next year sometime. :wink:

Sounds great - I hate the current cadet uniform so much!!
Reply 14
Yes there are quite a few LINKS divisions at Universities I have helped out at Surrey University LINKS division before so I know they have one. I also know Coventry has one because my cousin is a member.

If you follow the link in the OP then you might find more info :smile:

thanks
:smile:
Reply 15
thanks
:smile:

Np please tell us if you do join one. So are you in a regular division at the moment?
Reply 16

Mon-mon-mon-mon-key
I found out that the most of the unis I applied to have it ^_^ not sure about UCL though, does anyone know?!?!
Reply 17
Original post by Cath-ay
Mon-mon-mon-mon-key
I found out that the most of the unis I applied to have it ^_^ not sure about UCL though, does anyone know?!?!

Yes they appear to have a LINKS division :smile:
Reply 18

Yes they appear to have a LINKS division :smile:

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Cath-ay
Mon-mon-mon-mon-key

lol what?!
Yeah, they have these so called LINKS divisions in the London unis

Quick Reply

Latest