Original post by Michael.
I got in too :biggrin:

Congratulations! :smile:
Do you have any examples of your work?
Reply 241
Me and my two besssies got in this morning so happyyyyy
Reply 242
Original post by may94
I can't believe it, I got in!!:biggrin: Now I have to choose between Oxford Brookes, Epsom (UCA), CSM, or possibly Brighton (still waiting to hear back).

Are you all to debating which to go to? How do you choose, there and pros and cons for all?!

i'm in the same position!! i think i want to go to brighton though, do you have an idea how difficult it is to get into??
Original post by taviadavies
got my email at 10am today (so might make sense to be alphabetical.) i only applied there to see if i could get in, expecting a rejection and got an offer. hah! going to LCA instead :biggrin:

I got offers from LCA and CSM too and I have no idea what to choose!!! St Martins has the better reputation but the course at Leeds looks amazing, what made you choose LCA?
"The Foundation admission department is sending out emails on the 26, 27 & 28 March to UK applicants informing them on the status of their applications. EU applicants will be informed from next week."

WAITING, WAITING, WAITING. One more week.
i've been lurking around this thread and looking at all your portfolio links, you guys are all amazing!
I GOT IN TOO :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: literally so happy!!!! i've got offers from leeds brookes and uca canterbury but cannot turn down csm. just can't! london is the place for me :smile:
Original post by shadowplay_
"The Foundation admission department is sending out emails on the 26, 27 & 28 March to UK applicants informing them on the status of their applications. EU applicants will be informed from next week."

Thanx Shadowplay, though i still don't now if it makes me better or not :biggrin:

Congrats to the lucky ones.
Reply 249
got in!!! after emailing though, turns out they sent it yesterday but i never got it
http://ellenmerchant.tumblr.com/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 250
Original post by shadowplay_

Uhm I am an EU applicant (Poland) and got my offer today by email, but maybe it is different since I applied for a specific pathway. (architecture)

Anyway does somebody know how EU applicants are supposed to check their qualifications? I seriously have no idea where to find the information.

Congrats to all offer holders!
Original post by dzolana
Uhm I am an EU applicant (Poland) and got my offer today by email, but maybe it is different since I applied for a specific pathway. (architecture)

This information is from their facebook page. But maybe we won't have to wait SO long.

By the way, I'm from Poland too. :smile: Congratulations!
Reply 252
I got in too! So happy. Looking forward to meeting some of you! Yayyyyyyyy exciting! Good luck to those still waiting :smile:
Reply 253
Original post by emerchant
got in!!! after emailing though, turns out they sent it yesterday but i never got it
http://ellenmerchant.tumblr.com/

Your work is :eek: (amazing) what pathway did you choose ?
Original post by bananafox
I got in too! So happy. Looking forward to meeting some of you! Yayyyyyyyy exciting! Good luck to those still waiting :smile:

OOh what pathway did you choose? :biggrin:
Message me if you got in for fine art pathway :biggrin:
Reply 257
I got in! constantly trying to decide whether to go to Loughborogh or CSM!! Think its going to have to be CSM!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70037366@N04/sets/72157628970151443/ I got rejected from Kingston, but have offers from CSM,, Loughborogh, and UCA Canterbury!
this is so exciting someone should make a fb page when all the results are sent :smile:
Original post by gracebunny
I got offers from LCA and CSM too and I have no idea what to choose!!! St Martins has the better reputation but the course at Leeds looks amazing, what made you choose LCA?

Hah, there's a lot of reasons! After going for the portfolio review at LCA and having a proper in depth tour - it beat up DMU and Lough and kicked them while they were down. I didn't actually go to any open day at CSM because I wasn't planning on even applying, but from what I saw of the uni from going there for a portfolio review, I thought that the building itself and the few studios I saw really didn't seem as much as it was all hyped up to be. I preferred LCA as it has an entire building solely for the foundation students, and can use the degree buildings too, whereas CSM seemed a lot more mixed (much like DMU and Lough,) and LCA seemed to have much better quality studios. Plus the darkroom and general photography area is mahuusive in LCA (compared to DMU and Lough.) I can't really help on comparing facilities to be honest.
And, apparently CSM takes on 700 or more students on their foundation (which I honestly can't believe) but that was just read from the net. LCA themselves told us it was about 150 people on a course, which is, er, more appropriate.
If I were to solely base my decision on how the portfolio review was handled and just the organisation of everything (which I know no one would ever do but idk organisation can tell you things~~~) in either place, I would pick LCA by far. You got an in depth tour and presentation and explanation of the course at LCA (and ALSO an interview) whereas at CSM you just seemed to be handled like cattle. I mean, sure, there's a high application rate at CSM but they could do better than that. But you obviously know all of that already.
Even the area was a big plus for me. However much I absolutely adore London and just the whole idea of BEING in London, I honestly can't imagine plopping myself down in the centre of it all and coming out alive. Me, in all that, I get lost just in my school... Leeds is just the right size with the right amount of the right stuff in it (venues, shops, places upon which to get drunk...) Plus, the costs of London, good lord. However, CSM offer halls of residence whereas LCA only has sort of flat things. While a flat type thing really suits me, it may not for a lot of people.
The course structure of LCA was much more preferable over CSM. Can't remember why, but when I researched it, it made sense. I have a friend who is on a degree course in LCA - he recommended it 100%. Aaand you get a UAL qualification in drawing at LCA. But CSM does have the reputation, and the links between the London unis, and the fact it is London, and the amazing amount of notable alumni. The quality of work of what I have seen for both of the two is superior, I wouldn't bother comparing. But in the end it's only one year if you don't like it, not like you need to stick it out for three years. That was an amazingly long list of stuff that may or may not help you (and I appear to have slated CSM on a CSM thread, oops.) Tell me your decision and we can be best buds if we go to LCA together :tongue: if not, I wish you well!

Quick Reply

Latest