The Student Room Group

Should I claim on this accident?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by superbrum
You sure about that?

Been making a lot of claims recently then? :rolleyes:

On topic, make claim if you have lost out financially. Don't bother making claim otherwise.

Haha that is beautiful. If her family can afford of all those things on £9,500pa then they need to start bottling the magic that they are using.
When you pass your test don't complain about the high cost of insurance.
Reply 82
If I can recall correctly, a few posts back you spoke of having a part time job for 4-7 hours on a Saturday. Now unless you are working as a circuit court Judge I highly doubt that you would be able to fund your 'amazing lifestyle' based on that income source.

Oh and just a quick note, Ralph Lauren Polo is not 'high-end designer', in fact their polo shirts are the standard uniform for chavs nowadays. Oh and 'viv' Westwood jewellery, likewise.

This is going to look really harsh and snobby, but when you make a post trying to flounce your 'wealth' at everybody it is only right that somebody puts you back in you place on the ladder.
My two cents:
You are young, very immature and neither you nor your instructor did anything to prevent the crash. Yes, she would be found at fault, but slight back pain is nothing in comparison to what some people (including myself) have been through. If you are genuinely in pain, which I doubt due to you saying that you want a bit of money, then make a claim. If you decide to make a claim that you're not entitled to, I hope karma bites you in the ****.
Reply 84
Oh my godness you are just priceless.
Again, stop trying to flout your 'wealth', it is embarrassing, especially when is the amount you claim to have is pitiful.
Also, I thought you said a while back that you went to private school? According to your profile you don't, and even if you do work overtime the chances of you being able to afford private school fees are almost impossible.

Oh and believe me, chavs, thugs and the like have been wearing Ralph Lauren for years.
You see all of this "I have money to afford haircuts ect." is just adding to people's view that you are just trying to claim for easy money, so that you can afford to go on holidays to Magaluf and clubbing in Liquid or whatever people like you do.
Reply 85
You do realise this is completely irrelevant to anything he said.
He said that there is no need to rush into a claim if you are not sure how bad the damage, and your response is "shut up i'm a learner."
Reply 86
Take another look at the first page and you might realise who started off being the **** first, from the mere suggestion that you should wait a few days you went off on a completely irrelevant rant.
Reply 87
wow you really sound like an awful person based on the last few pages. Claim or don't claim you are pretty insignificant anyway. You really need to grow up though.
I'm a bit confused. This woman is driving close up behind you, so presumably is close to matching your speed. I think (but I may be wrong) you said you were going about 10mph or something? If she's right behind you, she can't have been doing over 10mph.

If she hit you at 10mph, I wouldn't say she has 'slammed' into you, and shouldn't cause any serious injury I wouldn't have thought. Even if it's not 10mph, you must have been going slowly, because it's only your 4th lesson and no instructor lets you come up to a roundabout at any kind of speed.

Just trying to clear up what happened. I'm sorry someone hit you when you're still early in the learning process, that's not good for anyone, regardless of the speed. Hope your back clears up as well.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by PataynaRolaay
I would love to be in your position cause i could use the 2 grand towards my insurance when i pass lol. Good timing for you :smile: Aslong as you arent too hurt are you?

I have a neck injury similar to whiplash. Not sure why you'd love to be in that situation? I've had this injury around 2 years now and it's bloody painful.

I doubt you'd get much anyway. Mum had a similar accident several years ago and was awarded something like cost towards new car, (it was a write-off) child car seat and lost wages due to needing to take time off from work.
Why the hell were you only going at 10mph? How far ahead was the roundabout?
I thought perhaps you were slowing down a bit prematurely which could have contributed to the accident. But 4ft away really? I find it difficult to believe that someone would attempt to overtake when a roundabout is 4ft away :s-smilie:

Are those people on drugs?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by Converse Rocker
I'm a bit confused. This woman is driving close up behind you, so presumably is close to matching your speed. I think (but I may be wrong) you said you were going about 10mph or something? If she's right behind you, she can't have been doing over 10mph.

If she hit you at 10mph, I wouldn't say she has 'slammed' into you, and shouldn't cause any serious injury I wouldn't have thought. Even if it's not 10mph, you must have been going slowly, because it's only your 4th lesson and no instructor lets you come up to a roundabout at any kind of speed.

Just trying to clear up what happened. I'm sorry someone hit you when you're still early in the learning process, that's not good for anyone, regardless of the speed. Hope your back clears up as well.

We haven't had a clear answer on her speed, originally she was going 10mph when she was hit, then she was stopped when she was hit, then she wasn't going too slowly when she was hit. It's very hard to know what happened when the OP keeps changing her story.
Reply 93
I thought she went into the back of you, now apparently it's on the side, along with the fact you have given three different versions of the speed you were going I wouldn't be surprised if next you turn round and tell us you weren't in a car at all, but on a space hopper.
How rude!
Reply 95
I wouldn't particularly expect or want you to care what I personally thought of you . But I would hope at least for your sake that the fact that its pretty much a universal consensus on here would cause you to take at least a small look at yourself and realise how childish and frankly repugnant your attitude seems to be and that you need to address this and stop acting like snotty child.

apparently however this isn't going to happen, I can't help but feel sorry for those who have to spend a lot of time around you other than your close circle of friends (which I presume you have from your comment about people liking you). Working with you or living with you must be horrible.
Reply 96
OP, you need to get your priorities right.

You came here stating you want to know whether you should claim, yet, you don't even have answers to half the questions and more importantly how much 'damage' this crash has done.

I find it hard to believe you have friends, you rude and vicious person. Respect others opinions or gladly **** off out of here :smile:.
Go for it babes, claim. Ignore all of the c**** on this thread, do whats best, and claim. How is your back? Any better :frown:

Dont delay, Claim Today.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by OU Student
I have a neck injury similar to whiplash. Not sure why you'd love to be in that situation? I've had this injury around 2 years now and it's bloody painful.

Tbh mate, i love pain. Seriously, it feels good to have pain, i have much better sleep at night. Its weird i know, but it feels so good when i get in my bed at night!

And seriously, i would love to be in a car accident, preferably the innocent party. So i can claim on compensation and all that :smile: So whenever i cross roads now, i never look either way, i just look straight and rely on my hearing. If someone bumps me, il fall on the floor and act and 'over exagurate' on compensation claims. Seriously. I would love to be in her situation
(edited 11 years ago)
Just wondering whether you saw my comment, the one about how fast you were going. I'm just a tad confused as to how she 'slammed' into the back of the car, when she can't have been going fast at all...

So far as I can tell, anyway.

Original post by PataynaRolaay
Seriously. I would love to be in her situation

I'm calling troll here, every thread you go, you're just ****e stirring.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending