The Student Room Group

UCAS:withdrawn at your request and you are in clearing ...HELP PLEASE

My track was updated today saying that I am " in clearing " and the decision letter says " your application is no longer being considered by uclan reason :"

Withdrawn at your request

Can someone shed some light on this for me please I've no idea what it means I have not withdrawn anything and the only contact I've had from ucas is a welcome letter and then my track status updated today I'm really confused by this not sure what it means I only applied for 1 course does this mean they have declined my application and won't consider me for the course?

I made a payment for clearing but then when I trying to add a course it asked me if I had spoken to the college or university yet to make sure I've been offered a place on the course

Help me somebody please I'm totally baffled

Thanks samara
I'm assuming that that one course you applied to hasn't given you an offer, you have no details about this at all? If you didn't receive a decisions by the 10th May then UCAS automatically mark your choice as unsuccessful but you're only found out today?
Also you can't make a decision about clearing until the list is made available, which is on results day, the 16th august (scottish clearing vacancies are available after the 7th august).
Original post by Picture~Perfect
I'm assuming that that one course you applied to hasn't given you an offer, you have no details about this at all? If you didn't receive a decisions by the 10th May then UCAS automatically mark your choice as unsuccessful but you're only found out today?
Also you can't make a decision about clearing until the list is made available, which is on results day, the 16th august (scottish clearing vacancies are available after the 7th august).

yeah if you hadnt replied by the deadline it automatically presumes you don't want to accept you're offers, and so withdraws on your behalf...
If this was a mistake I would immediately email the university that you want to go to that you had an offer from, and then call UCAS first thing in the morning, at half eight when they open, and make sure that they explain it and explain your situation...
Reply 3
Call UCLAN. Oxford withdrew me by accident, when I called them they said people administering ucas push the wrong button all the time.
Reply 4
Thats what baffled me i applied in june and all i recieved was a welcome letter on my application where it says dates applicant is unavailable for interview i stated 23rd june to 7th july as i was on holiday , ive recieved absolutely no emails or letters from them until i got a email today saying my track had been changed , hopefully its a fault on their behalf as ive certainly not recieved anything aside from this withdrawn status today ! Hopefully it wont mean theyve refused me
Original post by Samara2908
Thats what baffled me i applied in june and all i recieved was a welcome letter on my application where it says dates applicant is unavailable for interview i stated 23rd june to 7th july as i was on holiday , ive recieved absolutely no emails or letters from them until i got a email today saying my track had been changed , hopefully its a fault on their behalf as ive certainly not recieved anything aside from this withdrawn status today ! Hopefully it wont mean theyve refused me

Did you rearrange the interview session with them?

What's happened is that your application has been put into clearing because all decisions on applications needed to be done by 19th July. If there are any outstanding applications which haven't had replies by that stage then they will be automatically set as unsuccessful by UCAS, which then puts the applicants into clearing. I'm not sure why UCAS seem to be doing the auto reject on 18th rather than 19th, but there we go.

At this stage what you can do is ask if you can add UCLAN as a clearing choice and for them to accept you this way. You will need to discuss this with UCLAN not UCAS as there's nothing that UCAS can actually do to help you because all of the standard protocols have been followed. In so far as how UCAS works, you applied, you didn't get a response from the uni by the set date, so now you're in clearing.

When you add a clearing choice on track it will ask you to confirm that you've spoken to the uni as clearing offers are usually made verbally before you actually add the choice on track. It isn't like you make an application then wait for the university to decide if they want you, in clearing you've already had that conversation so when you add the choice on track its just so that the uni can accept you because they already know who you are.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Hey thanks for all your responses got a call from the campus today explaining it to me and i got asked to come for an interview so feeling a bit better now ive got a shot at an interview and not been rejected

Thanks again for everyones replies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending