The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

thanks guys! :smile: its plugged straight into my mac so yeah its an electro-acoustic! and its only using a TRS to USB cable that i bought for like £15 :smile: hoping to buy a better interface sometime soon! The video capture and editing was just done on imovie! :smile: thanks for the feedback!
Went and bought this on Monday.. Ain't she sexy? :biggrin: Fender American Deluxe Strat.. :biggrin:

This is what she sounds like through Guitar Rig 4. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
^ nice. tasteful playing there.
Original post by nick__s
^ nice. tasteful playing there.

Hehe cheers, the song is Vaughandrix, really nice tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvWPGqu6T7E
Woah, verrry nice! Excellent tone!
I wouldn't have personally gone for that finish (for some reason I've never liked the sunburst effect, but I think that's just me) but still - verrry nice!!!

I think I might crank up my amp tomorrow (take it up to maybe 4/12, normally play at just under 2 and that's more than loud enough for playing in the bedroom) and see if I can get at least something recorded.
Original post by Manitude
Woah, verrry nice! Excellent tone!
I wouldn't have personally gone for that finish (for some reason I've never liked the sunburst effect, but I think that's just me) but still - verrry nice!!!

I think I might crank up my amp tomorrow (take it up to maybe 4/12, normally play at just under 2 and that's more than loud enough for playing in the bedroom) and see if I can get at least something recorded.

:biggrin: What amp you got?
Original post by MadCatChiken
:biggrin: What amp you got?

Hot Rod Deluxe;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0mgUGoP7_0

After I paid for it the guy in Dawsons said it was the best amp in the shop.
It was the same model that I had used when getting my strat (60s classic player) because I complained that the line6 they had originally provided me with made everything sound the same. They agreed and put me on that, the strat I ended up getting just blew everything out of the water.
Oooh very nice, I don't mind Fender amps but I like an amp with a bit more oomph but still has a lovely clean. My Orange Dual Terror does that well for me atm, but I would mind a Blackstar amp. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzXmJTKdzyQ&feature=channel_video_title
Aye, it's not big on "oomph" for metal type stuff, but for that I have a different guitar (crappy marshall starter thing that's nearly 8 years old), amp (MG15CDR, not great but decent distortion) and the zoom g1x.

If I had the money I'd get an Ibanez or a Jackson guitar and maybe a Vox or Engl Amp. My next 'big' purchase is going to be an electric drum kit, though. Should be getting that this weekend actually :biggrin:
That blackstar is pretty shmexy though.
Original post by Mustard-man
I don't literally tab songs, rather, it's just to memory. But it takes so damn long for me. I think that song is just chords? Chords are not bad - just watch a few covers on youtube and figure from there (although I can't see tab sites being inaccurate with that).
They're inaccurate because they don't get the songs directly from the artist, it's just a musician's interpretation of what the song should sound like...seriously though, I think if we manage to find a decent tabbing site we should make a songbook thread where we can all request songs that we want to learn and then put them on the thread...what do you think?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by PoGo HoPz
They're inaccurate because they don't get the songs directly from the artist, it's just a musician's interpretation of what the song should sound like...seriously though, I think if we manage to find a decent tabbing site we should make a songbook thread where we can all request songs that we want to learn and then put them on the thread...what do you think?

Best you'll get is UG tbh.
waaah I can't approve pending members because there is no button or anything to do it.

Also yeah UG is probably the best place for tabs these days, lots of bad ones but some (especially the guitar pro tabs) are first rate.
Original post by SunburnedCactus
waaah I can't approve pending members because there is no button or anything to do it.

Also yeah UG is probably the best place for tabs these days, lots of bad ones but some (especially the guitar pro tabs) are first rate.

That's because you're a deputy leader. Only the leader can accept members since the vb 3.8 move
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Loz17
That's because you're a deputy leader. Only the leader can accept members since the vb 3.8 move

Well looks like I have time to get on with my other deputy duties (reclining in chair, adjusting special deputy hat, etc)
It's a sad state of affairs when you find yourself downloading a "to do list" gadget for W7 and then putting "write music" on it.
I have the creativity and ideas to get some new songs written, I just never get around to doing it, even though I have bugger all else to be getting on with!
I got loads of little riffs that I wrote out on guitar pro but I've never really gone further with just a small riff.. :s-smilie: Or the riff ends up being in some dodgey time sig which makes it hard for me to even tab out lol.. xD
Original post by SunburnedCactus
Well looks like I have time to get on with my other deputy duties (reclining in chair, adjusting special deputy hat, etc)
Exactly my thoughts when I put you and DAS as deputies.
Exactly my thoughts when I put you and DAS as deputies.
I'm a deputy? I don't have rights to this soc :laugh:.

I'm basically the most talkative guitarist here, that's all :laugh:.
Original post by Demon_AS
I'm a deputy? I don't have rights to this soc :laugh:.

I'm basically the most talkative guitarist here, that's all :laugh:.
You did when you were added :wink:
You did when you were added :wink:

But it's all changed since :sad:

Tbh though you're active enough to deal with requests :h:

Latest