Scroll to see replies

Original post by ebmaj7
Most probably going to be firming for Maths. :smile:

Hooray! :smile: welcome!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 61
Need to decide between Bristol and Southampton for maths. Both are AAB, so I just need to visit Bristol and see whether I prefer it to Southampton. Just need to book the visit day. :biggrin:
Social Policy (L400)
33 credits at Merit and/or Distinction
Thinking of Durdham or Goldney as I like to cook/En-suite is a must.
Reply 63
Politics and Philosophy
AAA
Woodland Court at the moment, but I really have no clue. Durdham or Goldney also high on list.
Original post by JPKC
Politics and Philosophy
AAA
Woodland Court at the moment, but I really have no clue. Durdham or Goldney also high on list.

I'll probably be in some of your philosophy lectures! :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by punctuation

I'll probably be in some of your philosophy lectures! :smile:

Brill. Approving of your Nietzche, btw.
Reply 66
Gonna do law this Oct!
Course: Law
Offer: AAA

It looks like I will firm Bristol. I am going to see Birmingham on Wednesday - and I thought I would prefer it over Bristol because it's a campus university - but I really love Bristol. The university is amazing and so is the city. The accommodation did put me off a bit because it's so far and isolated, so looks like it'll be Woodland Court or Manor House (Sinclar) - although I hear they're doing up Manor House? So not sure how that'll affect chances.

I am also considering University Hall, because of the cheap aspect. I keep hearing different things - it should be avoided, but it's very sociable.. *confused*

Original post by killsweetcorn
Hey people ! I've put bristol as my firm choice and just wanted to see who else had! I'm going to the vist day on the 22nd of Feb is anyone else? Also I've applied for law anyone else? :smile: x

I went to the Law Visit Day last Wednesday and it was great! Really good taster lecture and seminar and the Law Committee were hilarious. Also gave you a tour of Bristol which was great. It kind of made up my mind about (maybe) firming Bristol! Have fun!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 68
Course: Mechanical Engineering (H30x)

will most probably firm Bristol unless I can find an extra bit of funds to go Imperial. Any advice on accommodation? International here.:smile:
Reply 69
Firming for Psychology
Hopefully take optional modules in Philosophy in Y1
Need to get AAA
Thinking Goldney/Durdham/Woodland not too sure though...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jackkkkk
Firming for Psychology
Hopefully take optional modules in Philosophy in Y1
Need to get AAA
Thinking Goldney/Durdham/Woodland not too sure though...

:smile:

Goldney! Or... not Goldney because you'd be taking my place!

If you take open units in philosophy, you will probably be seeing me in those lectures, too. :tongue:
Reply 71

Goldney! Or... not Goldney because you'd be taking my place!

If you take open units in philosophy, you will probably be seeing me in those lectures, too. :tongue:

haha-im pretty certain Goldney is my first choice aha (but you will have one up on me due to your age when you start im guessing :P)

And yeah love Philosophy :biggrin:
Hey everyone,
Not sure between Bristol and Exeter yet but loved Bristol on the offer day today,
Hoping to study Psychology, noticed nobody had mentioned badock hall which, along with hiatt baker, looks like a fun place to be!
Reply 73
Original post by tomalington
Hey everyone,
Not sure between Bristol and Exeter yet but loved Bristol on the offer day today,
Hoping to study Psychology, noticed nobody had mentioned badock hall which, along with hiatt baker, looks like a fun place to be!

Thats quite funny you say that I'm in the same position as you. Im going to do the visit days and then decide between Exeter and Bristol (Most likely Bristol though). How was the offer day, mine is the 22nd?
I know someone from my school who is now at Bristol at Badock studying Medicine and says it very lively, however if you want to study its not the place to be :P
Reply 74
Thats quite funny you say that I'm in the same position as you. Im going to do the visit days and then decide between Exeter and Bristol (Most likely Bristol though). How was the offer day, mine is the 22nd?
I know someone from my school who is now at Bristol at Badock studying Medicine and says it very lively, however if you want to study its not the place to be :P

Hi, what date are you going to the Exeter one? :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by miss_sasa94
Course: Law

It looks like I will firm Bristol. I am going to see Birmingham on Wednesday - and I thought I would prefer it over Bristol because it's a campus university - but I really love Bristol. The university is amazing and so is the city. The accommodation did put me off a bit because it's so far and isolated, so looks like it'll be Woodland Court or Manor House (Sinclar) - although I hear they're doing up Manor House? So not sure how that'll affect chances.

I am also considering University Hall, because of the cheap aspect. I keep hearing different things - it should be avoided, but it's very sociable.. *confused*

I went to the Law Visit Day last Wednesday and it was great! Really good taster lecture and seminar and the Law Committee were hilarious. Also gave you a tour of Bristol which was great. It kind of made up my mind about (maybe) firming Bristol! Have fun!

If you can do self catering think about 'university houses' as they are near to the university precinct. Cheaper too and usually people's second choice so if put down as first choice then you more than likely get the one you want. Some of them have a fair number of students in them. Recommended anyway if you don't want to be so far out.
Reply 76
Original post by catoswyn
Hi, what date are you going to the Exeter one? :smile:

Hey, I'm going on the 14th March, how about yourself?
Reply 77
Hey, I'm going on the 14th March, how about yourself?

Next Wednesday... :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by catoswyn
Next Wednesday... :smile:

Nice :smile: I hope its an informative day. Have you been to the Bristol post offer or is Exeter and definite Firm ?
Reply 79
Nice :smile: I hope its an informative day. Have you been to the Bristol post offer or is Exeter and definite Firm ?

Going to Bristol in March... can't remember the exact date. :smile: Enjoy yourself!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending