The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Guys stop phoning we've officially been told off lol
Original post by Aysh161
Guys stop phoning we've officially been told off lol

Yeh i know lol....i haven't phoned once but they sent it to me.... i was like sorry :sad: aha ... but it is the most clear message so NO-ONE phone them from now on then guys, offers handed out mid to end march like they keep telling us...just hold on tight and fingers crossed for all those waiting to hear from liverpool at any stage of application!
Reply 1702
Original post by andyeverest
Yeh i know lol....i haven't phoned once but they sent it to me.... i was like sorry :sad: aha ... but it is the most clear message so NO-ONE phone them from now on then guys, offers handed out mid to end march like they keep telling us...just hold on tight and fingers crossed for all those waiting to hear from liverpool at any stage of application!

Sorry accidentally negged u it's my iPhone :/ but yeah I haven't phoned at all either. Fingers crossed we all get the offers we want :smile:
Original post by Aysh161
Sorry accidentally negged u it's my iPhone :/ but yeah I haven't phoned at all either. Fingers crossed we all get the offers we want :smile:

haha no worries :smile: and yeh getting so ridiculously nervous right now still no offer in the bag for me and so close to the end.... i think i have a mini heart attack any time an email pops up...but this might delay my nerves a bit :smile: at least liverpool are being very clear and not that secretive! making us feel a bit more relaxed and that we know exactly when to PANIC ahhhhhhhh lol.
Reply 1704
Just got an email from liverpool. Offers go out mid march. Within 2 weeks from mid to end march all offers will be out. Quite possibly this is the last week for interviews.
Reply 1705
Yeah, I also got that email. My heart was beating SOOO fast when I saw who it was from! Oh no wait, they're just telling everyone off! Hahah, I haven't called at all, promise :smile:
Reply 1706
Hey guys when i was registering today before my interview i heard one person in the office say "one more day to go" so good luck to those having their interview on that day!
And lets hope the offers start rolling in soon! best of luck everyone!
oh my god, I just received an update on track so I logged in and saw that I was unsuccessful for Liverpool and was about to cry and then I realized it was for the Dentistry program (phew, I thought it was for the A100 course).

I just mentioned this because it seems like they are near done with the dentistry course so we might be hearing from them soon :smile:
Reply 1708
Original post by excalibere
oh my god, I just received an update on track so I logged in and saw that I was unsuccessful for Liverpool and was about to cry and then I realized it was for the Dentistry program (phew, I thought it was for the A100 course).

I just mentioned this because it seems like they are near done with the dentistry course so we might be hearing from them soon :smile:

oh dang, close call. good thing i didn't just read your post half way and start panicking :tongue: was that your backup?
Original post by .eXe
oh dang, close call. good thing i didn't just read your post half way and start panicking :tongue: was that your backup?

not really, for some reason I was able to apply to a dentistry school in addition to medical schools. I knew I was going to get rejected as my whole PS was based on medicine and not one word on dentistry. I decided to still apply because I read a thread earlier that someone managed to get an interview for dentistry with a purely medicine based PS. So, I don't care that much :smile: wasn't expecting anything good from the dentistry application :smile:

edit: to answer your question, yes I would of went into dentistry if I didn't get accepted into medicine (sort of thinking of doing a dentistry degree afterwords depending how medicine goes)
Reply 1710
not really, for some reason I was able to apply to a dentistry school in addition to medical schools. I knew I was going to get rejected as my whole PS was based on medicine and not one word on dentistry. I decided to still apply because I read a thread earlier that someone managed to get an interview for dentistry with a purely medicine based PS. So, I don't care that much :smile: wasn't expecting anything good from the dentistry application :smile:

Ah okay no worries then. Hopefully you will get a second liverpool offer and I can have my first one soon!
Not long to go guys!!! Good luck :smile:
Reply 1712
Hey guys,
Hope you are all getting where you want to be currently. My question:
I was interviewed in November and at the end of the interview the woman said 'good luck with your other applications' I thought this was fine until my dad mentioned that he felt that it didn't sound promising. Did any other interviewees get this at the end? I thought at the time that it had gone alright but now looking back I can only identify areas where I was weak... Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?
This is a mental process and a half eh?
Reply 1713
Original post by Hollsy44
Hey guys,
Hope you are all getting where you want to be currently. My question:
I was interviewed in November and at the end of the interview the woman said 'good luck with your other applications' I thought this was fine until my dad mentioned that he felt that it didn't sound promising. Did any other interviewees get this at the end? I thought at the time that it had gone alright but now looking back I can only identify areas where I was weak... Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?
This is a mental process and a half eh?

Lol don't read into it, doesn't mean anything. Very few people walk out the interview and think "oh yeah I dominated that" and if they do, they are most likely over confident and wrong.

You have as much chance as anyone else, and also, interviewers have to confer and decide on an offer. One person doesn't just make up his/her mind on the spot and say something to hint at a rejection.

Don't read into it too much. Means nothing.
Reply 1714
Original post by .eXe
Lol don't read into it, doesn't mean anything. Very few people walk out the interview and think "oh yeah I dominated that" and if they do, they are most likely over confident and wrong.

You have as much chance as anyone else, and also, interviewers have to confer and decide on an offer. One person doesn't just make up his/her mind on the spot and say something to hint at a rejection.

Don't read into it too much. Means nothing.

I hope you're right.
It's so hard to give an accurate representation of yourself in ten/fifteen minutes. I think that if I was looking in on my interview I would consider the person that I represented myself as as solely academic and a bit boring. It's very frustrating. If it doesn't work out this year hopefully I will know how to rectify interview technique for the next cycle - providing that I get adequate grades.
Reply 1715
Original post by Hollsy44
I hope you're right.
It's so hard to give an accurate representation of yourself in ten/fifteen minutes. I think that if I was looking in on my interview I would consider the person that I represented myself as as solely academic and a bit boring. It's very frustrating. If it doesn't work out this year hopefully I will know how to rectify interview technique for the next cycle - providing that I get adequate grades.

Liverpool do accept resit applicants :smile: But yeah try and get those three As first time round. Good luck with Liverpool :smile:
Reply 1716
Original post by myyrh
Liverpool do accept resit applicants :smile: But yeah try and get those three As first time round. Good luck with Liverpool :smile:

Thanks a lot, good luck to you too with all of you applications
Walked past the Admissions Office yesterday on my way to PBL...

The waiting area was in darkness, so it looks like they have finished interviewing, although I could be wrong.
Original post by planetconwy1
Walked past the Admissions Office yesterday on my way to PBL...

The waiting area was in darkness, so it looks like they have finished interviewing, although I could be wrong.

yeah I think interviews are over as someone previously mentioned that they overheard the admissions team while he was signing in say "only one more day to go"
Reply 1719
yeah I think interviews are over as someone previously mentioned that they overheard the admissions team while he was signing in say "only one more day to go"

yep, and according to the email we got from liverpool, seems they might start offers next week

Quick Reply