The Student Room Group

OCR B (Advancing Physics) G492, 25th May 2012 Afternoon

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wulf chan
Yep I'm doing that exam (on my birthday) :frown:

'sup?
I've just started a past paper (June 09).
Original post by When you see it...
'sup?
I've just started a past paper (June 09).

I have a booklet full of past papers which I should start. I feel guilty for start starting revision yet but I have a week plus I had other exams before, heh.

I find all the quantum stuff really confusing tbh.
I have a booklet full of past papers which I should start. I feel guilty for start starting revision yet but I have a week plus I had other exams before, heh.

I find all the quantum stuff really confusing tbh.

So far, I've found the actual exam questions for quantum quite easy, although I agree that the concepts are quite confusing.
Reply 23
i'm thinking there will be questions on:
sensitivity (as it talks about response time)
we might get a graph and we might need to work some values out.
circuits (possibly, it mentions currents and voltages. it might even have some potential dividers in it, who knows)
wave theory (definitely. i'd be surprised if they didn't ask you to calculate anything after they gave you all those values and janx.)
photon energy
i want to say gravity stuff, bit that's G494...maybe just simple algebra manipulation and re arrangements.
it would be healthy to expect stuff from the actual text too, they do like to make you analyse stuff once in a while:smile:

also, if you are given crap text books like my school, try this, VERY VERY useful:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/91553024/Advanced-Physics-Revision-Guide
Reply 24
yes, i am doing this exam... Can't wait :O
Reply 25
I quoted 26 people (although I may have quoted some twice...) and only one has responded (and that response came before I even put the quotes in!). I know it's friday night and everything, but are you all really out partying in exam season?

not partying... revising hard and trying not to be distracted by the computer
Reply 26
Yep I'm doing that exam (on my birthday) :frown:

Ihad physics in action on my birthday... terrible :frown:
Reply 27

x.

x

Can anyone help me on question 10cii on this paper?? Thanks
:smile: Please help question 10.pdf

Original post by Dhanu123
x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Andy16
Count me in, to get things going I shall finish off my pre release article analysis by 9:30. I will post a link to the thread when its done.

Hiya, please could you post your link? Thank you :smile:
Original post by master y

Can anyone help me on question 10cii on this paper?? Thanks
:smile: Please help question 10.pdf

:eek:
Where did you get that paper from? I thought that the earliest unit 2 exam was June 09.
Could you post the mark scheme please? Also the grade boundaries?
BTW for that question you know that:
P is proportional to v^(3)
So if v doubled the RHS would turn into:
(2v)^(3)
Which expands to give:
8v^3
Therefore in order to make the above proportionality equation still true (with the same constant I mean - it would still be true if you changed the constant, but you can't because the density, shape and area are all... well, constant!) you need to multiply the RHS by a factor of... 8! So the answer is 8.
Hiya, please could you post your link? Thank you :smile:

He already posted the link. See two posts below the one you quoted.
Reply 31
:eek:
Where did you get that paper from? I thought that the earliest unit 2 exam was June 09.
Could you post the mark scheme please? Also the grade boundaries?
BTW for that question you know that:
P is proportional to v^(3)
So if v doubled the RHS would turn into:
(2v)^(3)
Which expands to give:
8v^3
Therefore in order to make the above proportionality equation still true (with the same constant I mean - it would still be true if you changed the constant, but you can't because the density, shape and area are all... well, constant!) you need to multiply the RHS by a factor of... 8! So the answer is 8.

Thanks a lot!!
I got it off my school portal.... i think the school has access to it, ask your teacher!! There are no mark schemes on there though... i send it to my teachers to mark. Sorry!
Does anyone have access to the january 2012 unit 2 paper and mark scheme?
Thanks a lot!!
I got it off my school portal.... i think the school has access to it, ask your teacher!! There are no mark schemes on there though... i send it to my teachers to mark. Sorry!

Is it actually a past paper or is it just something you teachers compiled?
Reply 34
I feel the same about quantum; although the ideas are difficult, the exam questions tend to be relatively simple BECAUSE they seem to know it's a connfusing topic.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ElleRose

lol I didn't know so many people had these fancy mobile phones that can go on the internet! It seems most of tsr uses them!
Reply 36
Oh gosh, I didn't realise it was going to put that at the end of my post! It was the first time I've used the app. But, no, I don't have a fancy phone. I was using my outdated iPod touch, so not quite as fancy!

I think I've managed to turn it off now, haha.
Original post by ElleRose
Oh gosh, I didn't realise it was going to put that at the end of my post! It was the first time I've used the app. But, no, I don't have a fancy phone. I was using my outdated iPod touch, so not quite as fancy!

I think I've managed to turn it off now, haha.

How do you turn it off?! :tongue:

I know you aren't doing this exam but maybe you could give us some help/advice?

I think I got 66% on this exam. Just do as much past papers are you can. And do the practice questions for the advanced article.
Reply 39
how's revision evryone?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending