The Student Room Group

Post your desk!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gamer91
got it in one (including its craptastic stand) also a 2043BW (which is currently in portrait mode for programming and the like - god bless HAS stands!).

Only reason I knew that is because I have one myself. :p: - Don't mind its stand too much to be honest, seems perfectly fine to me. :h:
Reply 141
Original post by Dez
Sorry these are so over-exposed, the room is a bit dark and the iPhone camera more than a tad crap. :p:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sly the fox? :h:
Reply 142
Original post by win2kpro
Only reason I knew that is because I have one myself. :p: - Don't mind its stand too much to be honest, seems perfectly fine to me. :h:

the stand doesn't support it that well IMO, there is too much play when you gently push the top of the monitor or rock the desk slightly.

not like my other syncmaster which has a really rock solid stand (which is height/pitch/orientation adjustable and on a swivel base)
Reply 143
Original post by lonely14
I was wondering the same thing? :s-smilie:

explain people, why?

Well my TV doubles up as a monitor, & it's useful because I can then stream films on the internet and view them through my TV whilst still doing stuff on my original screen (laptop). I think they come in handy when people are; gaming, coding, editing videos/music etc.
Reply 144
Original post by gummers
Well my TV doubles up as a monitor, & it's useful because I can then stream films on the internet and view them through my TV whilst still doing stuff on my original screen (laptop). I think they come in handy when people are; gaming, coding, editing videos/music etc.

Aye, I'd love two monitors when doing my own coding, so much easier to work
Reply 145
Original post by gamer91
mostly because we can, but its rather useful for programming; code on one, pdfs/web/writeup/documentation on the other

I use to have a dual monitor setup with a 15" and a 17" 4:3 flatscreen monitors then upgraded to 1x 24" 16:9 monitor everything can be resized and you get a full size window whilst using a small amount of your screen. Im using chrome atm and its only using half the screen and i get full content.

But i do miss having dual monitors :frown:
Reply 146
Original post by alissasantiago
Sly the fox? :h:

The very same. :awesome: I've got Midas the lion hiding around somewhere too. :p:
Original post by Kash:)
Why do so many people have/need 2 monitors??

Original post by lonely14
I was wondering the same thing? :s-smilie:

explain people, why?

People usually wonder this until they actually try it.
To try and explain, just watch yourself working or using the computer in general - chances are you'll be flicking through a number of windows (e.g. to control your music player, to look things up for an essay etc). Having two monitors lets you actually see two things at the same time, as you would in real life - imagine having an A4 size desk and therefore only being able to look at one thing at a time. Not good.
I knew someone why was highly resistant to having two monitors, despite him having a spare. I set it up for him and now he won't go without.
Reply 148
Original post by Spexzzz
I use to have a dual monitor setup with a 15" and a 17" 4:3 flatscreen monitors then upgraded to 1x 24" 16:9 monitor everything can be resized and you get a full size window whilst using a small amount of your screen. Im using chrome atm and its only using half the screen and i get full content.

But i do miss having dual monitors :frown:

yeah, I've got one portrait and one wide monitor atm, the wide is full HD so splits nicely in two also.
Original post by Wookie42
What is that laptop riser/stand/thing you've got? I'm looking for a decent one but can't find much :/

It's a laptop cooling stand. It has two fans underneath and is raised off the desk to keep it sort of cool, as well as being tilted to provide a better angled keyboard :smile: .. It was quite expensive, and you can get ones for £5, but I thought about paying for quality on an item like this. Read the reviews at the bottom of This page :tongue:
Reply 150
Original post by gamer91
yeah, I've got one portrait and one wide monitor atm, the wide is full HD so splits nicely in two also.

Then again having dual monitors make you look like some tech savy guy, my relatives first word was "Matrix" when they saw my old setup, lol.
Reply 151
Here is my desk/s.. Quite messy!

Original post by Kidms001
It's a laptop cooling stand. It has two fans underneath and is raised off the desk to keep it sort of cool, as well as being tilted to provide a better angled keyboard :smile: .. It was quite expensive, and you can get ones for £5, but I thought about paying for quality on an item like this. Read the reviews at the bottom of This page :tongue:

Thanks, exactly what I'm after - I've got a 13" but I think I'll have to get used to the fact there aren't any decent risers around for smaller screens :smile:
Original post by Wookie42
Thanks, exactly what I'm after - I've got a 13" but I think I'll have to get used to the fact there aren't any decent risers around for smaller screens :smile:

Smaller version?

They do stock them in PC World and Currys if you feel like actually seeing the product before you buy it :biggrin:
Reply 154
Original post by gummers
Here is my desk/s.. Quite messy!

I have that lamp! Its crap, far too bright to be of any use.
Original post by Kidms001
Smaller version?

They do stock them in PC World and Currys if you feel like actually seeing the product before you buy it :biggrin:

Yeah I saw that, thanks, but 30cm wide isn't quite wide enough which is weird - my laptop is just over 30cm so it would leave zero space either side. Regardless, there's probably a model for 15" lappys somewhere so I'll look into that. Thanks for your help!
Original post by nofish4u
possibly the saddest thread i have ever seen

You know what you can do then?

Spoiler

Reply 158
Original post by CookieDoughLove

Original post by CookieDoughLove
You know what you can do then?

Spoiler

He already had pissed off, now you've quoted him he's gonna piss back :colonhash:
Original post by Kash:)
He already had pissed off, now you've quoted him he's gonna piss back :colonhash:

Actually after I quoted I realised he's been banned......so maybe not :p:

Quick Reply

Latest