The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xch
HEY!
I think Il probably apply for chemical engineeirng :smile: , I take the IB and have 37 points at the moment so we shall see...
By the way, do you know if it is bad to apply to 2 different programs in the same university??

Hey, not sure if someone has already answered this or not, but I applied for two programs at UCL this year (German and Russian and Russian Studies) and they don't look down on you for it. As long as it's not stretching your personal statement in two opposite directions, you just have to make it relevant for both subjects (mine wasn't too bad because it links in a way).
The only thing would be is that you're limiting yourself to four universities by applying to two courses at one institution, but if you REALLY want to go to UCL (like I did) then it's worth it in the end (I got rejected for German and Russian but accepted for Russian Studies, so it worked out in the end :P)

Good luck!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I don't know that I'm applying for definite here (though I really want, I just need to make a final decision on my course) but I'll be applying for Anthropology (maybe combined with Archaeology).

Does anyone know whether it's possible to start off on a Joint course in your first year but then switch to a Single course?
Reply 82
I was thinking that this thread would be out of my reach before results day, but as I got AAAB in my AS-levels I will definitely be applying for Modern Languages (French and one other language). I can't actually decide which language to opt for as there's such a wide range of choices at UCL! I'm interested in Scandinavian languages but unfortunately they're not all that useful... does anyone have any reccommendations?
Reply 83
Hi :smile:
I went to the UCL open day and absolutely fell IN LOVE with everything about it! It would be a dream to study English there but I'm concerned due to the massive competition as there are only 65 places. I think my AS grades AAAD won't make the cut :frown:
Reply 84
Hi, My AS grades are as follows:
Chemistry: A - 282/300 ie 94%
Maths: A - 286/300 ie 95%
Biology: A - 285/300 ie 95%
English: A - don't know UMS (I'm away atm and my mum couldnt work out the score :/)
Critical Thinking: A

11A*s GCSE

Likelihood of an interview for medicine?
Are you allowed to apply for two courses, say physics and physics with mathematics?
I'm applying for UCL this year for architecture. The competition's gonna be intense :frown:
Does anyone know what UCL looks for the most in the applicants, judging by the entry requirements, it's not just about the grades, which is a relief.
I'm applying for Electrical and Electronic Engineering...
Original post by Astronomical
Are you allowed to apply for two courses, say physics and physics with mathematics?

You are.
Although I think it's maths with physics not the other way around, it's dealt with by the maths dept.
Original post by ybKing
English: A - don't know UMS (I'm away atm and my mum couldnt work out the score :/)

11A*s GCSE

nope, haven't got a chance, better forget it tbh.
Reply 90
Hopeful applicant for French and Spanish :biggrin: I'm going to London on Monday, so I hope to see a little bit of it!
Reply 91
Does anybody know about the Science and Society program they have at UCL? Popular/ nonpopular? Good degree to pursue? I've decided to apply to 4 biology courses, and take a random 5th course from UCL (as it is a good school) pertaining to the sciences, but not necessarily having direct contact with the practicals of science. What do you guys think? Should I apply?
Reply 92
Original post by ybKing

11A*s GCSE

UCL don't see UMS.
Hey everyone, American applicant here- 2230/2400 SAT, 3 AP 5's and 3 more AP's coming up this year. I'm applying for European Social and Political Studies...with other unis I'm torn between Modern Languages and Politics, so it's literally the perfect combo. :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by ihategeography
im applying for straight economics, my predicted A level grades should hopefully be A*AAA(plus AA in AS physics and extended project) but with a few retakes, do I stand a chance?

I'm applying for straight economics too :smile: I'm predicted A* A* A A but am having to resit c3 so that I can get my A*. You should be fine, they concentrate most on references so just make sure your teachers like you xD
Reply 95
Does UCL often offer higher offers than their standard? Like A*A*A or similar for natural sciences. Also any idea of the relative importance of AS grades/GCSEs/references/PS/interview?
Reply 96
Original post by Catherine.
Hopeful applicant for French and Spanish :biggrin: I'm going to London on Monday, so I hope to see a little bit of it!

Ooh, competition :wink:.
Reply 97
Applying for Economics :smile:
Reply 98
How hard is it to receive a conditional if you've met their entry requirements?
Reply 99
Original post by Mike93L
Does UCL often offer higher offers than their standard? Like A*A*A or similar for natural sciences. Also any idea of the relative importance of AS grades/GCSEs/references/PS/interview?

I haven't heard of them doing it before, it's deffo not standard practice. I think like most top unis they put most of the emphasis on academic performance. How much they care for the other factors is department dependent.