Original post by freakonomist
tell me more...

??
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by joshgoldman
??

how many people were there for Economics and Statistics? (my course) Did they say anything about another Open Day this year or do we have to wait for after Christmas? This wait is killing me... *heartbroken* Anyways, congrats on your offer! <3
Reply 62
how many people were there for Economics and Statistics? (my course) Did they say anything about another Open Day this year or do we have to wait for after Christmas? This wait is killing me... *heartbroken* Anyways, congrats on your offer! &lt;3

About 20 out of 35 were for E&S, 10 for SEF, the rest for SAM and straight stats. He said that was around proportionate in terms of applications, but SEF was rather under-represented where numbers of applicants for E&S usually around equal to SEF.
He mentioned nothing about other open days. If you take in to account that all UK offer holders have to come to open days, and around 250 people get offers, there should be at least another 3/4 open days for UK applicants. I'd assume you will have to wait until after christmas now though.
About 20 out of 35 were for E&S, 10 for SEF, the rest for SAM and straight stats. He said that was around proportionate in terms of applications, but SEF was rather under-represented where numbers of applicants for E&S usually around equal to SEF.
He mentioned nothing about other open days. If you take in to account that all UK offer holders have to come to open days, and around 250 people get offers, there should be at least another 3/4 open days for UK applicants. I'd assume you will have to wait until after christmas now though.

Another thing, how many girls were there compared to the number of boys? I hope, if I get an offer and firm it, I won't be the only girl next year :biggrin:
Reply 64
Another thing, how many girls were there compared to the number of boys? I hope, if I get an offer and firm it, I won't be the only girl next year :biggrin:

You wont be. Numbers of boys and girls were even
Reply 65
Found the whole open day experience pretty bizarre, being the only British-born girl there was pretty scary! Loved UCL though :smile:

Anyways, just wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether this kind of course is better at LSE or UCL?
Original post by ellie_159
Found the whole open day experience pretty bizarre, being the only British-born girl there was pretty scary! Loved UCL though :smile:

Anyways, just wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether this kind of course is better at LSE or UCL?

hey...when did you apply, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 67
hey...when did you apply, if you don't mind me asking?

Course not! Think it was the 25th of October and had the open day on Wednesday :smile:
Course not! Think it was the 25th of October and had the open day on Wednesday :smile:

Congrats! I applied on the 13th of October and haven't heard anything from them ever since :frown:
Reply 69

Were you the blonde girl? I was the only British-born guy there!
Reply 70
Were you the blonde girl? I was the only British-born guy there!

Haha yes i was! Was so bizarre! My whole mini group were chinese except for me so were all talking chinese haha :smile: do you think that the course would be like those proportions? its not that i have anything against chinese people, just felt a bit isolated.
Reply 71
Haha yes i was! Was so bizarre! My whole mini group were chinese except for me so were all talking chinese haha :smile: do you think that the course would be like those proportions? its not that i have anything against chinese people, just felt a bit isolated.

Yeah I feel exactly the same... Without being racist, it kinda put me off the course. I felt like it would have been more appropriate for the talks to have been in chinese! (Not that I understood a word of the mini-lecture in english anyway!) I don't know, my group leader felt the stats department was about 75% asian!

(I was the guy in the green barbour jacket)
Hello All,

I have applied to Economics, Statistics and Finance at UCL. After sending my application, I emailed the admissions tutor about how they come about making a decision; they told me they look at a number of things such as statement, reference etc. However, they place much emphasis on individual UMS scores achieved in maths. I Know the maths department at UCL ask for around 90% in double maths, but I am unsure whether this is true for the joint honours.

Course not! Think it was the 25th of October and had the open day on Wednesday

Ellie, do you mind if I ask for your average UMS percentage in maths and further maths please.

Thanks All,

Just joined the Studentroom, LOL
Reply 73
Yeah I feel exactly the same... Without being racist, it kinda put me off the course. I felt like it would have been more appropriate for the talks to have been in chinese! (Not that I understood a word of the mini-lecture in english anyway!) I don't know, my group leader felt the stats department was about 75% asian!

(I was the guy in the green barbour jacket)

Yeah i know what you mean, thought ucl was my first choice but not sure it is anymore. Mind you, i bet you would meet a big variety of people living in london. Oh i know who you were!
Reply 74
Original post by stackemup
Hello All,

I have applied to Economics, Statistics and Finance at UCL. After sending my application, I emailed the admissions tutor about how they come about making a decision; they told me they look at a number of things such as statement, reference etc. However, they place much emphasis on individual UMS scores achieved in maths. I Know the maths department at UCL ask for around 90% in double maths, but I am unsure whether this is true for the joint honours.

Ellie, do you mind if I ask for your average UMS percentage in maths and further maths please.

Thanks All,

Just joined the Studentroom, LOL

No worries, just told UCL my maths modular scores not further maths as that was all they asked for. Think my maths modules average 93 :smile: (my further maths ones are lower)
Hi all,

Does anyone know the dates of the next few invitation open days???

Thanks,
Reply 76
Original post by stackemup
Hi all,

Does anyone know the dates of the next few invitation open days???

Thanks,

Nope, don't think any invitations have been sent out yet, so no-one will know when they are. I'd expect the next one to be early February or late January.
3 months and still nada.... :frown:
Reply 78
3 months and still nada.... :frown:

I'd expect invitation emails for the next open day to be sent out in the next 2 weeks (just a guess, but one would imagine it'd be early Feb).
Did you guys do further maths?

Quick Reply

Latest