The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

MyEd has now become more visited than Facebook...
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I'm really very worried... I feel like everyone who's applied to my programme has heard back, except for me. And I'm quite worried about what that means...
Just got a rejection through from Maths. Such is life. Reckon I'll end up at Dundee now; I'm gutted not to be joining you all at Edinburgh but I guess I can't help it! :-) Reportedly, Dundee is cracking too.

I guess if you're still waiting to hear, it means there are places they're considering you for - else they would have rejected you outright. There's always hope! Well done to those who got good news, and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear it :-)
Got rejected from Glasgow today. If they don't want me, I'm sure Edinburgh won't! As a matter of interest, anyone else applying for Biological Sciences who still haven't heard back? Or would anyone like to tell me how unlikely it is I'll get an offer this late? :redface:
Original post by Shomberlon
Ah cool glad you got in *says bitterly* :tongue:, no seriously glad your not going through what I am. Really desperate to go to Edinburgh, what are you going to study?

Thank you :tongue: I'm going to study Scandinavian Studies (Norwegian). Re this agonising selection process...I probably had it easier than you, as I did my Access course last year, so Edinburgh had my final results etc. Anyway, all the best, if it's for you you'll get it :wink:
Reply 2665
Original post by DragonHeartstring
Got rejected from Glasgow today. If they don't want me, I'm sure Edinburgh won't! As a matter of interest, anyone else applying for Biological Sciences who still haven't heard back? Or would anyone like to tell me how unlikely it is I'll get an offer this late? :redface:

Plenty of people who got rejected from Glasgow got an offer from Edinburgh. Don't lose hope! :smile:
Reply 2666

I'm still waiting...
also, the two unis has different selection processes, e.g. Glasgow is rolling, so they would have had quite some places filled up already by the Edinburgh started looking further than the fee status
Reply 2667
For everyone who thinks they will be studying chemistry in Edinburgh this year!

Sorry if this is as considered spam, but I found nothing similar in a few searches.
Reply 2668
Now.. does anyone have any idea where which building 1st year students study in?(I believe we are kept out of king's building till' 2nd year)
Original post by imre93
Oxford - Rejection
UCL - Offer
KCL - Offer
Sheffield - Offer
Edinburgh - ......PENDING. AAAARGGHHHH.

Yourself? :smile:

That's good to hear, I really hope they do get back to me this week!

Reading, Glasgow, Sheffield and Newcastle and I got offers from all of those. You have offers from really good uni's so you must be a strong applicant. My status went from pending to 'we have made a decision' within 5/6 hours and so it could change really quickly, but that could be because I was rejected.
Reply 2670
Finally status went blank. Will the offer come today after 6pm GMT? Or not necessarily today?
Original post by cncll
Finally status went blank. Will the offer come today after 6pm GMT? Or not necessarily today?

The website's down from 4PM until Midnight today!
Reply 2672
Original post by tommy1311

Uh damn, you're right!
Reply 2673
Original post by tommy1311

It says "During this planned outage, the following key services are still available:
EUCLID for staff and applicants
..."

Doesn't that mean they can still reply? Imma tryin' to be hopeful ^^

Just thought I'd let you know, I was unsuccessful from Glasgow but received and offer from Edinburgh so keep your hopes up! :smile:
Original post by Molecule
It says "During this planned outage, the following key services are still available:
EUCLID for staff and applicants
..."

Doesn't that mean they can still reply? Imma tryin' to be hopeful ^^

Ah. Thought you needed myed to access EUCLID.

This is immaterial for me, since I'm still PENDING!
This is the 5th week I've eagerly been waiting for a response from Edin.. :frown:
Original post by star9005
This is the 5th week I've eagerly been waiting for a response from Edin.. :frown:

I don't understand how they can be so inefficient. Or what they're doing that's SO efficient that it takes this long.
Original post by Eileen_
Yay! Might see you in September then, Edinburgh's going to be my firm for Astrophysics as well :biggrin:

Yes at least i wont be the only girl! Did you go to the open day last friday? :smile:
Reply 2679
Original post by indiarose27
Yes at least i wont be the only girl! Did you go to the open day last friday? :smile:

Yeah, at least there will be two of us :laugh:
Sadly, I didn't get a chance to visit yet.. I really want to visit but I'm still going to school in the Netherlands :frown: I might try to arrange a visit once I'm done :smile: Did you go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending