The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F211 (Cells, Exchange and Transport) >< Post Exam Reaction

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by otrivine
was it like rote learning or where they more application questions

A good mix of both imo! More learning this time though where as January was application that made no sense to me because I had never heard of half the stuff whereas I was familiar with everything in this paper :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Alotties
A good mix of both imo! More learning this time though where as January was application that made no sense to me because I had never heard of half the stuff whereas I was familiar with everything in this paper :smile:

then this means this paper was nicer shoot !! should have done it but i am happy anyways with a high B but i am doing unit 2 F212 next week lets see what that will be like:redface:
Reply 22
was it easy than jan 2012?

YES!

<3 x
Original post by Reclaiimer
Yeah that bit was easy.

Tell me capillaries have squamous cells dont they?

Yeah, they have squamous cells, but the question said 'squamous epithelium' and capillaries have squamous endothelium. I said alveoli. One of my teachers said that recently, OCR have given up on making sure students distinguished between endo and epi, because SO MANY were getting it wrong, so you might still get a mark for that!
Reply 24
This one was way harder than last year's, the questions were so ambiguous. I put the same answer for those three heart ones talking about the fluctuations in pressure, they were really milking that stuff!
Original post by AishaTara
dw focus on the rest exams, dont let 1 put you dont. how come u missed it out, as you ran out of time or had no clue, as our teachers say never leave anything blank. guess if you need to.

I just went completely blank during the exam...I freaked out! If I didn't do it under exam conditions, I would have done better. Now that I look at it more and more, I think I'd be lucky to get 5 marks! For the pressure question, I thought I did ok, but apparently you had to mention ventricular systole whereas I only mentioned distance. *sigh.* But what's done is done and I guess my practical should bump it up a little and then F212 is 50%! I'm focusing on the rest now :smile: Hopefully the grade boundaries shouldn't be too bad, since there were 'how science works' questions.

hi how are princess medic how did u find it ?? i am sure you did well tomorrow we have unit 1 chem focus on that :wink:

Hey, ahh..I don't know how to explain it...I think I totally failed! Just praying the grade boundaries are the same as Jan 2012 or lower, if possible! Thanks :smile: I'm just focusing on F212 now, which carries more weight, so hopefully I can balance out to a B or C. Oh no..Chem tomorrow! Ahhh!
Original post by Holz888
Yeah, they have squamous cells, but the question said 'squamous epithelium' and capillaries have squamous endothelium. I said alveoli. One of my teachers said that recently, OCR have given up on making sure students distinguished between endo and epi, because SO MANY were getting it wrong, so you might still get a mark for that!

I said trachea for the squamous and alveoli for the ciliated, when it's the other way around! :O
Original post by Aa234
This one was way harder than last year's, the questions were so ambiguous. I put the same answer for those three heart ones talking about the fluctuations in pressure, they were really milking that stuff!

I totally agree and yeah, me too! I literally put the same answers for all three sub questions on that page!
Reply 27
What did you put for that one about "what is the name for these fluctuations (or something to that extent) I have chem f321 resit tommrow too, surprisingly i feel ready for it, i think it'll be easier than this biology one today!
Reply 28
I hated this paper. How horrible was it!

For the breathing rate i got 36 but i did get 12 in my working out but i multiplied it by 3, would i still get 1 mark for writing 12 in my working out , as it was a 2 mark question?
Reply 29
Original post by Aa234

There was just so much of 'How Science Works' and interpretations! :s-smilie:
Original post by Aa234
What did you put for that one about "what is the name for these fluctuations (or something to that extent) I have chem f321 resit tommrow too, surprisingly i feel ready for it, i think it'll be easier than this biology one today!

I put pulse rate, which I don't even think is an actual thing. Most of my friends put heart rate, or beats per min. I was going to put that, but I had an inner debate over which was most appropriate :L
Ah well, it's only one mark.
Reply 31
Original post by Issy123
There was just so much of 'How Science Works' and interpretations! :s-smilie:

exactly! I found it harder than the biology unit 2 as resit i did in january, and that one is meant to be harder! As soon as i saw that spirometer thing i died a little inside, why do they love putting that in there?!
The paper seemed really good but I just lacked depth of revision -_-. My class had an argument about whether it was 10bpm or 12bpm ? I think i got 12 though. And another thing... that wasn't a spirometer was it :frown:(( I read part A as exhalation and B and inhalation :'((((
Reply 33
Original post by Holz888
I put pulse rate, which I don't even think is an actual thing. Most of my friends put heart rate, or beats per min. I was going to put that, but I had an inner debate over which was most appropriate :L
Ah well, it's only one mark.

Yeah i put beats per min, i think ive lost most my marks on the ambiguous one markers like "Name a process that requires ATP", i put packaging the protein into a vesicle but i know alot of other people put exocytosis which is probably the right answer
Reply 34
Original post by Issy123
I hated this paper. How horrible was it!

For the breathing rate i got 36 but i did get 12 in my working out but i multiplied it by 3, would i still get 1 mark for writing 12 in my working out , as it was a 2 mark question?

I did some random thing and got 14.1 lmao
Reply 35
nawh it wasn't a spirometer. Therefore B->C was expiration
Reply 36
well whatever kind of a trace it was, i hate those things. Yea i put expiration for the explanation like diapragm and external intercostal muscles relax,ribs fall voulume of thorax rises above that of atmospheric pressure, air leaves lungs. I better have got those four marks!
Original post by Aa234
Yeah i put beats per min, i think ive lost most my marks on the ambiguous one markers like "Name a process that requires ATP", i put packaging the protein into a vesicle but i know alot of other people put exocytosis which is probably the right answer

It said a stage of exocytosis didn't it? I put about the cytoskeleton requiring ATP to move the vesicle towards the cell surface membrane
Reply 38
Original post by Holz888
It said a stage of exocytosis didn't it? I put about the cytoskeleton requiring ATP to move the vesicle towards the cell surface membrane

Nah it said what process during protein secretion requires energy.

Which was exocytosis
Original post by Axion
Nah it said what process during protein secretion requires energy.

Which was exocytosis

I said when the vesicle moves through the cytoplasm...I guess that's wrong? Man, I got too many wrong. I'll be so lucky to get a D.

Quick Reply

Latest