The Student Room Group

Boots Application Form - References help!

I'm currently applying for a Customer Assistant role at boots, just part time as i'm in Sixth Form
They demand you need 2 references, but I have no previous work experience

For one reference, I'm using my old tutor.
But I don't know who to use for the other? I can't really ask my work experience because they were useless and won't even be able to remember who I am.

Any suggestions? :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by chellls
I'm currently applying for a Customer Assistant role at boots, just part time as i'm in Sixth Form

But I don't know who to use for the other? I can't really ask my work experience because they were useless and won't even be able to remember who I am.

Just put another academic reference.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by chellls

You can put a character reference- someone (a family friend or someone) who knows you and can give you a reference and say what you are like.
Otherwise, you could put another academic reference.
Guys how would you go about getting a reference from your old school or something . Do I have to go back and visit them and ask ? I'd really rather not because they probably wont remember me , how did you guys ask your teacher etc ?
Reply 4
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Guys how would you go about getting a reference from your old school or something . Do I have to go back and visit them and ask ? I'd really rather not because they probably wont remember me , how did you guys ask your teacher etc ?

Just email them! If you know your teacher's email, just send them an email asking them if it would be okay to give you a reference for a job - most teachers, if not all, will! Good luck :smile:
You can get a character reference. Or just get another academic reference :smile:!
Reply 6
I worked at boots for 3 months as a christmas customer assistant and had virtually no work experience, i messed up the first time as i was nervous in the interview but i got called at a second one and did well, its all about the confidence at the interview :wink:
Reply 7
I got declined because I failed the 'personality test' that sucks!
But my friend, who is really dumb - she still hasn't passed GCSE English and she's 17, made it through to the interview process.. I just think that the application system isn't that great :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending