Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation Offer:D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ggurl3
I'm warming up to it :biggrin: i was abit upset cause its the hall furthest away from my lectures and I kinda like modern stuff but I read it's really pretty :biggrin: so im excited nowwww wooo :biggrin:

You'll be grand once you get there! I'm not fussed on traditional stuff either but I'm sure I'll get used to it all!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Anyone know where i can see any pictures of Flo Bo?
Original post by ggurl3
Im at FB too! apparently it's really pretty :biggrin: and it's the oldest building! thats about as much as I know, any one got any info on Flo Bo?

Im hearing really good things about it so i guess were lucky :smile: its pretty far from the philosophy building cause i know thats near Cripps. What will you be studying?
Reply 43
Private shared bathroom in Sherwood hall :smile: not my first choice (i stayed there for a week in a single study and really didn't like it) but I'm hoping that the private shared bathrooms will be nicer :smile:. Also have an unconditional offer for Biology.
Original post by Kalishka
Private shared bathroom in Sherwood hall :smile: not my first choice (i stayed there for a week in a single study and really didn't like it) but I'm hoping that the private shared bathrooms will be nicer :smile:. Also have an unconditional offer for Biology.

What didn't you like about it? I've got private shared bathroom in Sherwood as well, and I'm a bit nervous because I haven't seen it at all!
Ensuite at Cavendish :smile: And it's right opposite where I'll be studying! :biggrin:
Anyone else for Cavendish?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Nightingale :smile: i don't know if i should confirm it or not it's expensive stuff! should i go self catered instead?
Reply 47
Original post by DynamicOstrich
Ensuite at Cavendish :smile: And it's right opposite where I'll be studying! :biggrin:

Yes I'm at cavendish for en suite as well! But I'm doing biochem which is at the medical school so I have to trek all the way from the left side of the campus to the far right :/ oh well! But my mate who also applied got into ancaster which is right next to cavendish, so I'm happy about that.

Anyone know what it's like at cavendish? anyone else at cavendish as well?
Reply 48
Original post by QueenVic92
What didn't you like about it? I've got private shared bathroom in Sherwood as well, and I'm a bit nervous because I haven't seen it at all!

The hall itself from the outside is really nice. i went there during the summer holidays for a conference and it was great being able to sit out on the grass in the quad. Being enclosed but having a nice big outside space was nice. My issue came when you went into the hall itself. we had 16 people on each floor, with only about 4 toilets and 2 showers between us, none of which were light or clean. i have to say that i never saw a queue for the showers, but i think you can guess why! the rooms were also incredibly narrow, and when getting out of bed you had to be careful not to crash straight into the desk as they are placed parallel to each other. my last gripe is the walls. they are so thin that you can hear almost every word of of an individual's bed time call to her boyfriend in the room next door. And the people below playing their music. and the people outside playing football in the dark. and especially those shouting and stomping down your corridor at all times of the night..! not great when you're trying to get to sleep as you have lectures 9am-11pm every day for those five days :/ i know that i'm probably just being picky, and i did really enjoy my stay - i met some great people and learnt lots. but i did not enjoy a single minute i spent in that corridor..
Reply 49
Large single study in Nightingale. Really wanted Flo Bo, & Nightingale's quite a treck from my building but oh well, quite like the fact it's one of the smallest halls (or rather, THE smallest)
Reply 50
Original post by DynamicOstrich

ensuite at cavendish as well :smile: quite a trek from my lectures though as i'm in chem eng but oh well guess it's still fine since i got my first choice!
Original post by Sophie1805
Hi there, I stayed in Derby for a summer school last year. Firstly, it's catered. There is a pantry on each floor. And If I remember correctly, there are 3 floors. It's a modern block, with a LOVELY view over the fields on one side, and into a 'square' the other side. The rooms aren't massive. But they have a wardrobe, a sink, a desk, shelving, a fridge and a single bed.

Thanks for the reply. The google pictures of Derby look good and it sounds like a nice place actually but I guess I initially wanted to stay somewhere older and probably smaller. However, I decided now that I am looking forward to it.
Nightingale! If your in the same hall, what degree are you taking? Any correlation between hall and subjects???
Original post by Kalishka
The hall itself from the outside is really nice. i went there during the summer holidays for a conference and it was great being able to sit out on the grass in the quad. Being enclosed but having a nice big outside space was nice. My issue came when you went into the hall itself. we had 16 people on each floor, with only about 4 toilets and 2 showers between us, none of which were light or clean. i have to say that i never saw a queue for the showers, but i think you can guess why! the rooms were also incredibly narrow, and when getting out of bed you had to be careful not to crash straight into the desk as they are placed parallel to each other. my last gripe is the walls. they are so thin that you can hear almost every word of of an individual's bed time call to her boyfriend in the room next door. And the people below playing their music. and the people outside playing football in the dark. and especially those shouting and stomping down your corridor at all times of the night..! not great when you're trying to get to sleep as you have lectures 9am-11pm every day for those five days :/ i know that i'm probably just being picky, and i did really enjoy my stay - i met some great people and learnt lots. but i did not enjoy a single minute i spent in that corridor..

Thanks, hopefully the private shared bathrooms are nice! And I guess the thin walls are everywhere, I stayed with my friend in Broadgate last month and you can hear everything! It was so annoying! Going to invest in some ear plugs :tongue:
Reply 54
Original post by Superzootman
Nightingale! If your in the same hall, what degree are you taking? Any correlation between hall and subjects???

me too! maths and eco, and you? i don't think there's any correlation
Reply 55
Original post by EmmaRose94
En-suite in Florence Boot! :smile:

Awesome!! :P Me too (without the en-suite)
Original post by gcoleman1
me too! maths and eco, and you? i don't think there's any correlation

I'm studying neuroscience :smile: Well I thought they might place you in accommodation near your lectures. But obviously not, my lectures are on the other side of the campus :/ Wooo:yay:
Reply 57
Original post by startitup
Large Single Study at Florence Boot!! :smile:

Saaaame :biggrin:!
Reply 58
Original post by Superzootman
I'm studying neuroscience :smile: Well I thought they might place you in accommodation near your lectures. But obviously not, my lectures are on the other side of the campus :/ Wooo:yay:

Yeah same, assuming I get the grades to get in. Gonna be a trek :/
Original post by hydrolysis
Lenton and Wortley :biggrin:

Waheeey finally a L&W - it wasnt my first chocie but ohwell aha! what course are you doing? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending