The Student Room Group

Has anyone finished a Biochemistry Bsc degree and gone on to do Pharmacy?

Just being a curious george.

Wondering what its like changing over to Pharmacy, how different is the content?

And is there any universities which allow second year postgrad entry on to the Pharmacy MPharm?

Thanks!
Reply 1
I did a biology degree so same sort of field before doing pharmacy. I have not heard of second year entry but in my first year I was able to drop a lot of modules so essentially just did the chemistry and pharmacy practice ones and practically worked full time
Thanks. What final grade did you get in your biology degree and which degree was it? How is pharmacy for you now?
Original post by GaryGlobetrotter
Thanks. What final grade did you get in your biology degree and which degree was it? How is pharmacy for you now?

you realise your tuition fees alone will amount to £36,000 and you're not entitled to any financial support.
Original post by pharmasaurus
you realise your tuition fees alone will amount to £36,000 and you're not entitled to any financial support.

Does the Pharmacy pre-registration year have any costs?
Does the Pharmacy pre-registration year have any costs?

You get paid for your pre reg year at present, which could change by the time you reach it. Take into consideration that with accommodation and living expenses you're going I need around £50,000 + which I have no idea how this year's graduates are going to be able to afford.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
[INDENT]

I got a first but my offer was conditional on a 2.1. My degree was just biological sciences from Exeter. I am now at portsmouth just finishing my third year. I really enjoy pharmacy but it is alt harder than my original degree on the basis you have to be well rounded so have had to put a lot more effort in. You don't get a student loan so I work 20 hours a week to pay my fees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending