The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone who is not predicted A*'s and just hopes for a's, B's, and C's? LOL :colondollar:
Reply 381
Name: R583
Gcses: Maths, double science, double english, double latin, art, history, r.e and french
Predictions: 8 A*, 2A and 1 C (in french..wahhhh)
Results: 1A for core science

Btw i'm new, so hey everyone and good luck for results day :awesome:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9003
In my results I am predicted to get 6A*'s 7A's and 2 B's, 1 of the A*'s and 2 of the A's are half GCSE's, so that's basically 5A*'s 5A's and 2 B's, 12 whole GCSE's.

People I know in other schools are doing 7 GCSE's (almost half of what I have done.) One person I know has 7A*'s - she is in the year above me at a different school - always is patronising towards me because she got 100% A*'s.

If I try my hardest and do get these grades I am predicted (I probably won't) surely isn't it better as it shows that I can still cope reasonably well under stress.?!?

Any way thank you, and I hope she doesn't find this. :/
Reply 383
Name: Pali

GCSE's: English Lang, English Lit, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Sociology, Photography, Health & Social Care, Statistics

Predictions: A, A, A, A*, A*, A, A, A*, A*, A*, A*

Results: Maths - A Photography - A

A Levels: Biology, Chemistry, Maths & Psychology

Future Plans: Medicine/Pharmacy at University

Is anyone else planning to do medicine or pharmacy?
Gh
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 385
Original post by Happy-Turtle
Name: Happy-Turtle

GCSEs (Subjects): Triple Science, English Lang+Lit, Sociology, Business Studies, RS- Philosophy, Citizenship, Spanish, Maths, Turkish (GCSE and AS)

Predictions: 6A*, 3A (and B for AS Turkish)

A-Levels: Economics, Maths, FM AS, Spanish, Psychology (I plan to drop this after Year 12), A2 Turkish (Did AS this year)

Results so far: Maths- A, English Language- A*, Turkish (GCSE) A* - Not listing units :smile:

edit: why the neg? :O

Wow, you are doing really well, and you are doing similar subjects to me next year (I am doing GCSE French - i hope to do french), are you turkish or something? i can speak it a little, in fact my language (persian) is quite similar so i may do a as exam for it too.
Reply 386
Name : Sam
GCSE's : English Literature,English Language,French,Geography,R.S,P.E,Maths,History,Catering,Physics,Chemistry,Biology,I.C.T
Predictions:6A*,3A,3B and a Merit
Results:B,French---Merit,I.C.T
A Level:Maths,History,Biology,Physics

Hopefully the predictions are right,it would be amazing to better them. Good luck to all
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm no year 11, but I had my last one today. Waiting till August? Pain.
*****Yeh, how are the results presented????????? All on one page or loads of rows saying what you got in the individual exams and then your overall result etc?******
HELP PLEASE.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Abbseh
Ahaha, I'm worried about the maths but I do love it so much so I hope that gives me drive :smile:
Yes you can, I'm pretty sure you can anyway. Definitely in Scotland but in my Uni possibilities the option is there for undergrad so...!
I'm looking at Oxford, St Andrews, Manchester, possibly Liverpool and another I'm unsure of :smile: Yours?

Oooohh wow! Nice uni choices right there. I am looking at Oxford and UCL at the moment, but I might be being a tad bigheaded and I will end up as a dropout working in McDonalds XD
Original post by A193
Wow, you are doing really well, and you are doing similar subjects to me next year (I am doing GCSE French - i hope to do french), are you turkish or something? i can speak it a little, in fact my language (persian) is quite similar so i may do a as exam for it too.

Thank you and yes, I am Turkish :smile:
AS is a big step up from GCSE (for languages), and timing yourself is critical; I ran out of time in the AS Turkish exam, but I still think I secured at least 75% of marks.
You should all come to the Current year 11 thread :biggrin:
Reply 392
Original post by camibabi345
Anyone who is not predicted A*'s and just hopes for a's, B's, and C's? LOL :colondollar:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves now. A is still good, b and cs are average.
At least those who hope, tried their best.

Anyways the exams are finally over today!!!
I can relax now... :biggrin:
Got almost 2 months to worry about GCSE results now. Last exam today, thank God!!!!!
Original post by Starrstruck
Got almost 2 months to worry about GCSE results now. Last exam today, thank God!!!!!

Me too and I'm so pleased but now the full on waiting begins,you only really start waiting properly once all the exams have finished,which is lucky because I have had exams as far back as 15th May:colondollar:
Reply 395
Name : Smko
GCSE's : English Literature,English Language,German,Geography,History, Maths, stats, bio, chemi, physics, ICT
Predictions:9A*, 2A
Results: Maths (A*)

Probably wont get them ...
Reply 396
Original post by camibabi345

How is that funny? I am not predicted any A*s, only A's and B's. I dont pay for education, I go to a crappy state school, and to be honest, I am dam glad my parents dont have the money! Wouldn't want to end up like something similar to you who laughs at people who have a worse education. Grades aren't everything in this world.
GCSEs: English Lit, Eng Lang, Maths, Chem, Bio, Phy, ICT, History, Geog, French, German, Citizenship (half)

Predicted: 11.5 A*s

Results: Maths A*, Mandarin A* (extra)

AS: Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths, Modern History

I came out of the Nazi Germany Edexcel A paper today and just now I cried thinking back to it. If anyone took this exam I would love to go through some answers of what you put. Thank you :smile:
Reply 398
Original post by nerd434
I think s/he is looking for someone else in a similar situation, s/he's not mocking you.

I thought that too, but it doesnt get across in that way with other people too
Yo guys exams are almost over!!!!! Over for some.... let's just relax.

Get a longer holiday but a tense one; espcially in the lead up to results day!

I wish you all the best of luck and merk it!!!!!

Latest