The Student Room Group

Warwick gem (a101) 2016 entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brachioradialis
I got in with 702.5 last year so hold on. There were lower scores too. Good luck!

Hey there,

I have just gotten the exact same UKCAT score as you so fingers crossed this will be enough for me too! Just wondering - did you have a masters/Phd? And if you only had undegrad did you have a 2.1 or a first?

Thanks so much!

Bella
Original post by BellaRoscetti
Hey there,

I have just gotten the exact same UKCAT score as you so fingers crossed this will be enough for me too! Just wondering - did you have a masters/Phd? And if you only had undegrad did you have a 2.1 or a first?

Thanks so much!

Bella

Hey, I had a 1st at undergrad no MSc/PhD :smile: Good luck!
Hey, I had a 1st at undergrad no MSc/PhD :smile: Good luck!

Ahhhh lucky you! :smile:

I only have a 2.1! Wonder if that is enough :confused: Do you know of anyone with a 2.1 getting in with a similar mark by any chance?
Ahhhh lucky you! :smile:

I only have a 2.1! Wonder if that is enough :confused: Do you know of anyone with a 2.1 getting in with a similar mark by any chance?

AFAIK they don't really distinguish between the 2:1 and 1st's alongside the UKCAT cut-off. That's how it used to be anyway :smile: Things may have changed!
AFAIK they don't really distinguish between the 2:1 and 1st's alongside the UKCAT cut-off. That's how it used to be anyway :smile: Things may have changed!

You applied for 2017 entry right? :smile: if so, that's AMAZING news!
You applied for 2017 entry right? :smile: if so, that's AMAZING news!

No I started in 2015 :smile: good luck!
No I started in 2015 :smile: good luck!

Thanks so much :smile:
Warwick are a bit hazy on their process. They set a cutoff based on all applicants, using total score and the VR score in some way. I figure they rank by total score then go down the list from the top and invite those with above mean VR scores, but can't confirm that. It does feel random when they hand out invites.

Your interview is based only off UKCAT and meeting the 70 hour requirement. Everything else is assessed at interview.

Hi there!

I see that you have mentioned the fact that Warwick won't look at the PS.

On their website it says it won't form part of their core selection process.

Does this mean that they won't look at it at all or just that it won't necessarily be important to them?

Thanks!
Isabella
Does anyone know if my role as a HCA and role as a support worker for young people with learning disabilities would be considered separate work experience roles for the 50:20 hour split?
Hi there!

I see that you have mentioned the fact that Warwick won't look at the PS.

On their website it says it won't form part of their core selection process.

Does this mean that they won't look at it at all or just that it won't necessarily be important to them?

Thanks!
Isabella

It means it isn't part of selection but it's on record to refer to if there are any questions raised following interview and/or references. Warwick think UKCAT and interview are the strongest indicators for the potential to do well on the course.

Original post by Jollynero
Does anyone know if my role as a HCA and role as a support worker for young people with learning disabilities would be considered separate work experience roles for the 50:20 hour split?

Just email admissions for clarification.
Original post by Quilverine
Just email admissions for clarification.

I already emailed, it doesn't count. Apparently the 20 hours can come from shadowing the nurses from the same home I worked as a HCA in. The whole criteria is a little confusing.
Original post by GEM-Andrew
Hey guys,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while but have never had an account with TSR. Just wanted to make a post if it helps at all to say that I received an offer from Warwick at 16:54 last night.

I'd like to add that I'd pretty much given up all hope of hearing good news from Warwick and was so surprised when the email came through, so don't give up if you haven't heard just yet. A big congratulations to all those who have received offers and to the rest of you please keep faith because I bet they've got a load of offers that still need to be send out! Best of luck everyone!

So happy for you
Original post by jlc5391327
So happy for you

Thanks jlc548735529498366368736653637373763636526636373737633 really appreciate the prompt reply.
Original post by Jodieee2994
I'm hoping that means there are plenty more to come out over the next few days, just like last year :smile: Trying not to panic!

Hi @jodiewithtoomanyes, you’re a real inspiration, keep working hard!!
Original post by sjb93
Offer at 16.32!!! Good luck everyone 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many belated congratulations to you!
Original post by Hwhite
Also got an offer at 11:42!
Mine also says A104- hope that's just a typo!
Good luck everyone else still waiting!

Just got my offer too! OMG cannot believe we’re both going to be doctors!! I’m the most happy!!

Quick Reply

Latest